Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANTI-GAY BILL

Tennessee wants to sign into law a bill that discriminates against gays and it could very well happen. If it does, I would like to propose a bill that discriminates against stupid people. I don't think I should have to deal with the less than bright when I am trying to conduct business & other aspects of my life. I don't like the average stupid person. I would like to make clear that I don't think all uneducated people are stupid. I know plenty of people who are in business who have no higher education but are successful in life.

I have a huge problem with homophobes.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

People should be pissed about this goddamnit! What the hell ever happened to live & let live? Huh? I know gay people & they are better people than many straights I come across, they have successful businesses & relationships and they are involved in their communities in a positive way.

I don't know anything about Tennessee. Are they uneducated hicks? Unsophisticated?

Every single day, at least once, I say what the fuck is wrong with people. Judgmental motherfuckers. Grrrr

My disgust is now irrelevant. The Gov. signed the bill into law last night. Motherfucker!

The bill, HB 600/SB 632, would bar local governments from instituting anti-discrimination policies that are stricter than the ones in force at the state level. Under state law, it is not illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation. But in Nashville, it is. The new legislation's immediate effect would be to void Nashville's strong civil rights ordinance.

maybe i'm distracted and don't understand this. what does it mean? under state law it's legal to discriminate, but not legal in Nashville? where is the problem in Nashville?
how do they discriminate? what does this mean for gay people in everyday life? i'm a little confused by the wording, sorry.

It means that it's perfectly legal to deny a gay a job, they can be denied housing, bank loans, etc, they can be denied any damn thing because they are gay. Gays can be denied ANYTHING now and they have no recourse at all. If I understand this new law correctly it will apply to blacks as well, it can apply to ANYONE.

The more things change, the more things stay the same. I'm glad I don't live in a state that is not progressive. Those law makers in Tennessee should be ashamed of themselves!
i need to read the bill when i have time. is it Constitutional?

I'm trying to find a copy of this bill, you'd think it would be easy given I have internet access. Jesus.
How does a person tell the difference? Do they come prancing in on tippy-toes to fill out a job app?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-24-2011, 09:36 AM)Maggot Wrote: How does a person tell the difference? Do they come prancing in on tippy-toes to fill out a job app?

Well maybe that is the point of the bill, to prevent frivolous lawsuits. It makes it harder for a gay person to claim they were denied a loan due to discrimination when it was actually based on their bad credit for example. But I don't know, I would have to read it first.

I could care less if a person was gay but would not want to hire a blatant in your face gay, knowing they would get picked on and opening up the lawsuit process, I would rather just avoid the conflict and hire someone that just shuts the fuck up about their personal life and works.
I am not into changing everyone else because of one person.

I cannot find the freakin' bill in its entirety. WTF
(05-24-2011, 10:27 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I cannot find the freakin' bill in its entirety. WTF

Tsk tsk.

Thanks, LC! 50
(05-24-2011, 10:40 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Thanks, LC! 50

sorry, it was a PDF and did not contain the entire bill. so i am still looking. Oops

WT BlOODY FUCK. This totally pisses me off. I have a friend who just moved to Nashville..if she weren't so blatantly Christian, I would get her on the pissed off bandwagon.

[Image: stupid.jpg]
Why do you people need to read the bill? Basically it says that the Tennessee state laws trump the city of Nashville's laws. The state doesn't protect gay people from discrimination, ergo Nashville can't enforce their anti-discrimination laws.

Stupid hicks. It's probably totally legal to marry your siblings there though. 78
Commando Cunt Queen
User: ergo Nashville can't enforce their anti-discrimination...

not even by ordinance?

and it's probably a fact the state trumps the city, but doesn't the Fed statute trump the state? civil rights or whatever? if a state tries to circumvent the government, they can't create public policy that goes against/supersedes the law of the land.
or that's how i always understood it.

Tennessee isn't alone:

Twenty states plus one district outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation, and twelve states plus one district outlaw discrimination based on gender identity or expression.

At the federal level, there is no recognition of same-sex unions and no laws forbidding employment discrimination against LGBT persons.
Commando Cunt Queen
ok, i didn't know if gay rights fell under civil rights umbrella.
the language of bills/laws is important and open to interpretation.