Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
would you stay away from disney on GAY DAY?
would it make you feel uncomfortable with your children? bear in mind, they DO flit around acting like tinkerbell. [Image: tinkerbell1.gif]

An anti-gay Christian group is spending $7,000 to fly planes over Orlando, Fla., dragging giant banners that read, “Warning Gay Day at Disney.” The campaign is part of the group’s boycott and protest of the annual event.

Florida Family Association claims thousands of people enter the park each year during “Gay Day” only to turn around and leave when they realize gay people and same-sex couples are present. The group says it wants Disney to reschedule Gay Day at night after the park closes.

The Florida Family Association says patrons of the event wear T-shirts that “promote homosexuality” and dress in drag. The groups also charges that gay couples publicly kiss, hug and grope each other – behavior the group’s leaders believe will turn children gay if they witness it. GaySmiley

The six-day Pride celebration draws about 160,000 people, who spend an estimated $150 million, to the area to celebrate. Thousands of the event’s participants visited Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom on June 4.

“The economy is improving because of what Gay Days bring into it,” said Gay Day president Chris Alexander-Manley told Orlando’s Action 5 News. “Our crowd behaves better than most convention crowds, so come on out and see what it's really about.”

Gay Day started in 1991 when LGBT people wore red for visibility during a one-day visit to Disney World. The event has since evolved into today’s area-wide celebration.

[Image: 3955346965_gay_disney_large.jpeg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   art,beauty,bed,cape,cartoon,castle-0ab4326897372e3bc60ab579a3bc74bb_h_thumb.jpg (Size: 15.85 KB / Downloads: 86)

Yes, I would stay away. Not because I'm a homophobe, but because I hate it when anyone shoves their lifestyle in my face.
Why do they, or anybody else for that matter have to be so extreme? The gay guy I work beside, never fails to crack me up...but it's not about gay shit and he doesn't go around acting like Tinkerbell either.
I don't want to see heteros groping each other and making out in public either.
While I have no desire to go to WDW again, I would go just to piss off the Christians.
I would not want my son seeing men dancing around like Tinkerbell but I am pro~choice. I see nothing wrong with being gay. I do see something wrong with parading around in front of families and children waving gay pride flags and t shirts. (JMO)
i agree with F2, while i wouldn't go back to disney's wonderful world of highway robbery on ANY day, i don't think deep throat behavior belongs in a childrens' venue by any group. and they do take it to the extreme, barely avoiding arrestable behavior. they can go to Fantasy Fest in Key West for that, where almost anything goes and people know what they are in for.

at least it is well-publicized so families can avoid it. unless they spent a fortune to go down there and didn't know about it. they better go to Sea World instead where all they'll see is the orcas eating the staff.

[Image: dawn-brancheau-killer-whale-123005jpg-aa..._large.jpg]

Are they flaunting their sexuality or is that just what is being said by the people leading the boycott?

I would think that the only gays participating in this event at the park are gays with children & they don't advocate making out with each other in front of their children anymore than a straight couple would.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
yes many are flaunting it like a bunch of queens. they act like they're in Key West. that's the objection. it's not only gays with kids. it's an opportunity to be in fairy-land. hah

Ummmmm No I would not go.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Why am I imagining domestic violence complaints with the words "It's a Small World", "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" "Bobsled" and "Spin Ride" in the report?

And let's not forget - "Fantasmic".

Bring your Skittles and taste the Rainbow!
Anti-gay christian groups need to get a life.
Pro gay immoral assholes need to resign from life after all they can't create any of their own.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

My reply was perfectly timed and executed, it was flawless.

I give it a 10

John Adams

Your logic is more demented than usual. 78
I'm thinking there must be a reason for that.

John Adams

No, I wouldn't. It's probably something like the gay pride parade that occurs in San Francisco.

I think many gay people are probably mortified by a lot of the stuff the extremists do. It certainly doesn't serve the gay community (as a whole) well.

I don't think it should be moved to an "after hours" event but I think Disney ought to give full disclosure about what day it's being held so people can make a choice about attending in advance.
Commando Cunt Queen
California is pretty proud of the gay pride parade, what a state!

I wonder if anyone ever looks back at the 60's,70's and 80's and wonder what the fuck happened to this state?
John Adams

Florida is a gay pride state.

Atlanta is Gay Mecca of the South. Gay folks (sorry, stereotype coming) run great restaurants, so I'm glad. Once a year you might just catch me in a drag club. The gays love me.

Can somebody tell me why gay men are such good cooks? I asked one once and he told me it was because they are all so "oral."

I would stay away from Disney on that day because we use "fag" as a term of endearment around here and I don't want to have to explain it to the little one.

(Is Dick pretending both of those bananas aren't boys?)
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
hahaha gay guys love me too...maybe it was the cop thing. when i would go to Key West for Fantasy Fest i'd go to Fast Buck Freddie's for a cool mask or something, and they (the real screaming queens) would fawn all over me wanting to dress me up. hah i had a lot of fun with them.

Bananas are asexual.

John Adams