Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Alexis and David Slayton: missing siblings N.Y.
Two children missing

Very curious circumstances. In need of medical attention, walking barefoot...and where is mom now?!

:(
that link wouldn't work for me.
weird there is NOTHING in the news about this.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
Hornell Police Department (New York) 1-607-324-2860

[Image: NCMC1176318c1.jpg]

[Image: NCMC1176318c2.jpg]

[Image: NCMC1176318a1.jpg]

mother's facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Alicia-Ap...1717789397

Alexis and David were last seen walking along the railroad tracks in Arkport, New York, on July 20, 2011. They may be in the company of their mother, Alicia Appleton and an adult male.

Both children were last seen severely sunburned and walking barefoot, with cuts and blisters on their feet. They may be headed towards Bradford, Pennsylvania. They may be in need of medical attention.

Case Type: Endangered Missing

ALEXIS SLAYTON

DOB: Feb 5, 2003
Missing: Jul 20, 2011
Age Now: 8
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Unknown
Height: 4'0" (122 cm)
Weight: 50 lbs (23 kg)
Missing From:
HORNELL
NY
United States
DAVID SLAYTON

DOB: Jul 10, 2005
Missing: Jul 20, 2011
Age Now: 6
Sex: Male
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Unknown
Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
Weight: 30 lbs (14 kg)
Missing From:
HORNELL
NY
United States
ALICIA APPLETON

Companion/mother
DOB: Jun 9, 1984
Sex: Female
Hair: Lt. Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'7" (170 cm)
Weight

Thanks. I'm on mobile and it never works the way I want it to.

Severely sunburned, cut and blistered feet. Positively cruel! I don't think this will have a good ending at all. FB posts are ominous. She changes status from "single" to "in a relationship" a few days ago. Did kids become a hindrance to new relationship? My heart hurts for those poor babies.

And there is next to no coverage on this!
Fibo: and where is mom now?!

this gave me impression she is not with them. is that something you read somewhere?

i'll keep checking throughout day. i would think the police are searching. who saw them on tracks? there are no details to be had at this point.

On Missingkids it says they may be in the company of their mother and an adult male. May be headed to Pa. But there is so little known.

No info on who saw them. I would think if they saw blistered feet and severe sunburn they'd had to have gotten a good look. Someone on foot, I would think. Or in a nearby home/establishment. It's all so vague.
they've been missing since the 20th it seems. there is absolute dearth of news or alerts, i am mystified. i wonder who the daddy is? no relatives speaking out.
there is much more than we are being told as a public. why Bradford PA specifically? she seems to have contacts/roots in Mass.

these are rhetorical questions. i just don't understand why so mysterious. there should be searches going on.

i don't believe this! i tried to email the local Police and the County Sheriff for information. NY says no current alerts!

and my emails that i sent to police website came back as undeliverable!

i just emailed NMEC also.

Did a search of local news sites, as Arkport is close enough for at least a mention. Nothing.
Maybe a custody issue?
that wouldn't explain a virtual news/information blackout.

it's 11:30 PM eastern and there has been nothing all day or evening. i'll check again tomorrow.

a Hornell NY SGT. Police on the case emailed me this morning because of my mail to NMEC. that was very good of him, he explained that my mails came back to me because they are undergoing a website change.
i just replied to him, and asked some questions. so i'm hoping he gives me a couple answers. he may not be able to, but i'm trying!

edit to add: i am waiting for his permission to post what he told me.
the mother is the custodial parent, that's why no Amber Alert. no laws have been broken yet, but i can see where she could be charged with child endangerment. father is not in the picture.

Hornell Police said Appleton's mother, Beth Smith, said the family has been missing since Tuesday, July 19th.

i'm going to give some more info i received from the Sgt. he's been great! ----->
Police 59
Sgt.'s email:
The mother had been in the hospital for some mental health problems and while she was in the Hospital the grandparents took care of the two children. The mother came to the grandparents house when she got out of the hospital to pick up the children. The grandmother stated that before she gave the children back to the mother, she was acting strange. The mother took the children and started walking away. The problem with this whole thing, is that the mother has custody and she has the only rights to the children. The father can not go near them and has not been in the picture for sometime now. The mother has not done anything wrong other than the fact that the last time the children were seen, they did not have any shoes on, they were badly sun burnt and they had cuts and blisters on their feet. The mother is in the company of a Male by the name of Eric Trumbull. We do not have an abduction, because the children are in her custody, but we are worried about the welfare of the children and she will not contact anyone. If you have anymore questions just email me!

this is all i have on this guy so far. trumbull:

Unlawful possession of marijuana
CAMERON | Deputies report that on July 8 deputies arrested Eric L. Trumbull, 26, of Beck Drive, Cameron. A deputy was at the residence of Trumbull for a neighbor dispute when a deputy discovered a glass smoking device which contained suspected burnt marijuana. Trumbull was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and issued an appearance ticket returnable to the town of Cameron court.

curious

That's cool that he shared with you, LC.

Anyone reading that should know that you don't post rumor or innuendo, that you support your posts with facts. 86
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
here is eric trumbull, the guy they are with.
his info post #12.

[Image: 273637_100001276360600_2575411_n.jpg]

finally a little something in the media.

Evening Tribune:

Hornell, N.Y. —

Hornell and state police are searching for a mother, two children, and her boyfriend, who were last seen in the Wellsville area.

Police said Alicia Appleton, 27, her two children, Alexis J. Slayton, 8, David Slayton, 6, and Appleton's boyfriend Eric Trumbull, 26, were last seen July 21 at the Wellsville Food Mart where they were dropped off by a woman who saw them walking on Kenyon Road in Almond.

Hornell police began searching for the group on July 21. Appleton's mother, Beth Smith, reported the group missing, according to police.

Appleton last contacted a family member on July 22, asking them to wire money to a location in Bradford, Pa.

Police believe Trumbull may have family in the area of Bradford County, Pa. or the City of Bradford, Pa., and that the group is heading in that direction.

Police said this isn't an Amber Alert situation because Appleton has custody of the children.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Hornell police at 607-324-2860.

At least it heightens hope they are alive.
yes, if there was contact on the 22nd, and they are headed to trumbull's relatives in PA., i am sure the local authorities there are watching for them. it sounds like the mother is not stable and this is what it will take to get the children into safe care.

news video at this link:

http://blip.tv/wenytv/missing-hornell-family-5411243

July 25, 2011
HORNELL, NY (WENY)

No one has seen Alicia Appleton or her two children since last Wednesday, when her kids were seen walking barefoot along railroad tracks near Hornell.

- Family members say they disappeared after Alicia checked herself out of the psychiatric ward at St. James hospital in hornell.

- "She went into the hospital because she had suicidal thoughts and was very depressed and again, that is where she meet Eric Leigh Trumbull,” said (aunt) Sackett.

I know I'm not supposed to judge a book by its cover but, he looks really freaky & untrustworthy.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]