Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you recycle?
We do. I admit it. It's for all the hippie moral reasons. Well it started that way back in NorCal. But we see such a huge reduction in our true garbage. 90% is recycled now. I recycle everything. Empty milk jugs, boxes, plastic bags, cans...

Anyone else?
No, it was the environmentalists that made us go from paper bags to plastic, from card board milk cartons to plastic, from glass bottles to plastic, and now that shit is a huge problem, let the environmentalist sort that shit out, it's their fault we are using it.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

We recycle everything. Our trash can is never full, but the recycling is. It's saves us money on our trash bill too.
(08-19-2011, 11:12 AM)trixie Wrote: We recycle everything. Our trash can is never full, but the recycling is. It's saves us money on our trash bill too.

We have to pay per bag for our trash as well, so we do recycle what we can, until they start charging for recycling-
Yep, I recycle whatever I can for all the crunchy granola hippie reasons. Now we live in rural NC and have to drive our trash and recyclables to the collection center. In NJ, the town would fine you if they found cans, bottles or plastic in your trash when they picked it up.
Yes. Every now and then I'll get lazy and throw a piece of paper in the closest garbage can and I feel guilty.

I'm trying to be consistent about reusable grocery bags. I always remember to bring them in at crunchy stores like Whole Foods or Trader Joes and consistently forget them at Safeway. Go figure.
Commando Cunt Queen
i have to return cans and bottles to store. pain in the arse. nasty drippy things.

No, I don't, yes, I know I should. We don't have just simple trashcans outside, we have a bigass dumpster up at the stable & all the trash on the farm goes in it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have to return water bottles and soda bottles and cans to get the deposit back. We have this great place in our town where you can bring them all and it takes about 5 minutes for them to run them through. Much better than going to the grocery store and putting them in 1 by 1 to the machine.

I do recycle everything I can. Our garbage company gave us a garbage can and a recycle can. No extra charge. It's about $38 a month for garbage pick up. Well worth it to me because I don't have time to go to the dump.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Here in Oz we have 2 bins, particularly in my state it is huge on recycling. The recylcing bin is bigger than the normal one which is smaller, so you are kind of forced to recycle. It's ok.
I must not be doing it right because I still have a full regular garbage can. Can you recycle snotty tissues? What about paper towels used to wipe up a ketchup drip? Plastic tampon applicators?

Educate me.
Commando Cunt Queen
(08-19-2011, 02:43 PM)username Wrote: I must not be doing it right because I still have a full regular garbage can. Can you recycle snotty tissues? What about paper towels used to wipe up a ketchup drip? Plastic tampon applicators?

Educate me.

Our used paper towels and napkins go into a box on the back porch, we use them to start our bonfires and sometimes our wood stove. We used to have one of those thingies that would make logs out of newspaper, but It broke, and I never bothered to get another one.
(08-19-2011, 02:43 PM)username Wrote: I must not be doing it right because I still have a full regular garbage can. Can you recycle snotty tissues? What about paper towels used to wipe up a ketchup drip? Plastic tampon applicators?

Educate me.

Our used paper towels and napkins go into a box on the back porch, we use them to start our bonfires and sometimes our wood stove. We used to have one of those thingies that would make logs out of newspaper, but It broke, and I never bothered to get another one.
You guys do know that plastic is forever problem that the powers that be are trying to makes us clean up after them to cover up for themselves after they screwed up to protect a tree, right?

There was a reason we could make paper out of tree's.

I refuse to let them destroy our forest industry, rob our country of jobs and then make me do the work to cover it up.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I agree with Dick, I ain't recycling shit.
You get a pass Sally.
Sorry about the double post-my computer has the hiccups today for some reason.Smiley_emoticons_slash
I recycled when I lived in a different county, but my county charges extra for the bin and the garbage guy told me they dump it all in the landfill anyway here, so fuck that. Make sure your recyclables are really being recycled.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
We have two wheelie bins, one for normal crap one for recycled crap and thats the way its been for years now.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Yes. I have two bins..one for paper and one for plastic. I recycle all I can. Some weeks I only have one bag of trash to go out.
Only think I never got into was composting. Just seemed too messy.