Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sharon West, Missing Texas Teen
I haven't seen this one posted before. Seems to just now be getting some attention in the media, though she has been missing since July 30. Family obviously has some problems and she was living with a friend.

Sharon West, Missing Texas Teen, Vanishes Without A Trace
This article was from the Huffington Post.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/01...haron_West

"A distraught mother in southeastern Texas is trying to locate her 15-year-old daughter who disappeared under mysterious circumstances more than a month ago.

"I can't even describe how I am feeling. I miss her so much. I just want my baby to come home," Sandra West told The Huffington Post.

West's daughter, Sharon West, has not been seen since July 30. The teen had been staying with family friends in Fannett, an unincorporated town about an hour northeast of Houston. Her living arrangements there were temporary while her mom attempted to secure a job.

Sharon West's friend, Austin Meaux, last saw her at the residence in the 11100 Block of Gaulding Road at about 2:00 a.m. He said she was awake and still there when the rest of the family went to sleep.

According to Chuck Foreman, a private investigator based out of Austin who has volunteered to assist in the case, West sent a text message to a friend at about 5:20 a.m., saying she was at the Seabreeze Youth Club's soccer field, a couple of miles from where she was staying.

Roughly 40 minutes later, West used her cellphone to contact another friend and again indicated she was at the soccer field. According to police the area is a popular hangout area for kids. West did not contact any other friends after that and her cellphone died shortly thereafter."
[Image: r-SHARON-WEST-large570.jpg]

Maybe a runaway, but who knows?

Some more details on a private investigator who has stepped in to help with the search:
Last week, Sharon's parents began working with Chuck Foreman, a private investigator based out of Austin who is taking the case free of charge.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/a...z1Wo5c6200

- Report any possible sightings or information to Beaumont Crime Stoppers by calling (409) 833-TIPS, visiting www.BeaumontCrimeStoppers.com or texting BMT and a message to CRIMES (274637).

Remember, Sharon is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and about 115 pounds, with a mole below her left eye and deep red hair that is purple underneath.

i haven't researched her case, but what little i have read it appears she MIGHT be a runaway. i hope so.

i also have an opinion of a mother who let her 14-year-old get tats, piercings, and live with boyfriend.

facebook page for her here:

http://www.facebook.com/help.find.sharon

[Image: welcome_image_2]

[Image: welcome_image_3]

a little more plus video and pics here:

http://www.kcentv.com/story/15363958/new...ssing-case

Sharons facebook page is public. There are photos of her smoking marijuana, drinking, smoking ciggarettes as well as some racy ones. I do have my fingers crossed the child returns safely don't get me wrong, and my heart does go out to the mother as any parent would be distraught. HOWEVER, IMO, I also feel the mother should face appropriate charges for her behavior as a "parent". The child was in a wooded area, away from home, as well as 365 is a MAJOR hwy, at a.m. hrs. All of the above in endangerment.
As far as Sharon, it appears by her facebook page she was looking to obtain a ride to Dallas where the mother was located. Perfect opp. for a predator to gain her trust. There appears to be no signs of her at all ever being at the field other than the cell phone ping and her text to the friend. So my educated guess is she left the field to return home after 5:20 am, and willingly obtained a ride, or maybe even unwillingly. Therefore being taken from the HWY not the field. To get her from the field to a waiting vehicle that far away, there would have been some type of evidence left behind in the struggle. What is even stranger than this entire case, is bloodhounds were brought in. the only place they even picked up a small trace of a scent was on the side of the canal. Divers were brought in, nothing. HOWEVER, as awful of a scenerio as this would be, the area is known for the large population of alligators. But still why no scent. The whole thing is rather bizarre.
welcome Kasey and thankyou for your post. Smiley_emoticons_smile
so you don't think she may be a runaway? i admit to not studying this case.

please read:

http://mockforums.net/thread-6313.html

i did read on ABC news that she has a history of running away. which was my gut feeling when i first read story.
but runaways can get picked up by predators.

[Image: slide_189620_348056_large.jpg]

Man, I bet this one is gone. Even if she simply ran away she would have gotten het phone charged somewhere, ever see a kid with a phone that wasn't connected? From the stories and pics she was going to be trouble, exactly the kind that a predator would go after because she would probably be willing to be bad.
Parents bear some blame for this, they lost control a Long time ago.
Hope she turns up in one piece
this whole thing stinks. or the mother stinks as a parent.

AOL
The search for missing Texas teen Sharon West has come to an unfortunate end, according to police.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office said Friday that human remains found in October had been positively identified as those of the 14-year-old girl who had been missing for nearly six months. The Jefferson County Medical Examiner's Office used dental records to identify the remains, police said.

West was last seen alive on July 30, 2011. She had been staying with family friends in Fannett, an unincorporated town about an hour northeast of Houston. Her living arrangements there were temporary while her mom searched for a job.

[Image: slide_189620_348060_large.jpg?1326747506]