Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
8 and 9 year olds cage fighting....
....In front of a crowd of paying adults in a social club in Preston in England.

Nothing wrong with kids learning martial arts I did it my daughter is doing it but this is going too far in my opinion, it makes me feel a bit sick like those fucked up beauty pageants for 4 year olds.

How sad are people paying to watch two boys cage fight?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lan...e-15015790

Thoughts?

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

It's just one more thing that makes me shake my head in disgust.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think martial arts like karate and judo differ from wrestling and boxing. They are not mentally or physically mature enough at the age of 8 to do it as a sport, much less in a cage with adults paying to watch it as if it were a Mike Tyson fight.
Its the doing it in front of a crowd thing that bothers me the most, if they are studying Brazilian Ju-Jitsu then the kind of grappling they are doing would probably be commonplace as part of practising but they are way too young to be doing it in front of an adult crowd.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
What kind of parent lets their kid fight in a cage in front of a bunch of adults?

The absence of any protective gear bothers me a lot.
Commando Cunt Queen
(09-24-2011, 03:57 PM)username Wrote: What kind of parent lets their kid fight in a cage in front of a bunch of adults?

The absence of any protective gear bothers me a lot.

It is totally moronic, they aren't even wearing gumshields for fucks sake.

"I would liken it to a game of chess, it's about outsmarting your opponent rather than overcoming them." This from the club's spokesman, of course. Ignorant ass-covering statement, imo. Just about every one-on-one sport involves outsmarting the opponent during the physical activity. Would these children be any less able to think strategically if they were wearing protective gear? I think not. Would they be better protected from serious injury if they wore protective gear? Highly likely.

Seems like the lack of protective gear and the animalistic connotation of the cage is part of the attraction in this sport. I bet most of the kids do love it, like their parents. The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has become extremely popular with a certain demographic. Some UFC fighters are stars in their own right. I can see little boys with certain types of parents drooling over it. The boys get in trouble if they fight at school or in the general public. In the cage, they get a license to beat people up, and grown ups cheer them on and pay to see it. Hopefully, most of the boys are smart enough not to transfer that license outside of the cage, but they are so young.

Maybe if their boy is really good, he can become a rich and famous UFC star too...

[Image: thumbnail.aspx?q=1184825942695&id=210993...fcager.jpg]

Why did you end your post with a picture of a professional wrestling DVD?

Cage matches in pro wrestling are like all other matches in pro wrestling, pre arranged and scripted sports entertainment.
I cannot fathom that nobody in the crowd thought it was wrong. WTF!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Have any of you ever watched a martial arts competition in the US?

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(09-25-2011, 10:21 AM)Maggot Wrote: I cannot fathom that nobody in the crowd thought it was wrong. WTF!

Exactly.

At no point did somebody go "hang on, why are we watching small boys in their pants cage fighting?".

(09-25-2011, 07:20 AM)White Pud Wrote: Why did you end your post with a picture of a professional wrestling DVD?

Cage matches in pro wrestling are like all other matches in pro wrestling, pre arranged and scripted sports entertainment.

These are the types of images and events that I think are attracting more children and adults to cage fighting. Some possibly with the hope of making it to the professional arena. Kinda like the pageant moms who dress their girls up like hookers with hopes that one day they'll make it to Miss America or at least professional modeling.

The image was more to reflect the popularity of cage matches in general and that there is a market and some fame attached to professionals. The professional scripted events and its stars probably play a part in the growing popularity of the "sport", imo.