Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you collect anything?
i've been collecting Dickens Village by Dept. 56 for many years. it really makes me happy when i set it up! new pieces are introduced each year, and there is quite a market for retired pieces, but i would never sell any of them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

there are many horses, carriages, andpeople, all the characters from A Christmas Carol are represented. it's a slice of Victorian London. this Tower of London is one of my favorites. but the simpler ones really create the atmosphere, Cratchit's house, Fezziwig's, Scrooge's house.

Attached Files
.jpg   D56-58500.jpg (Size: 19.29 KB / Downloads: 40)
.jpg   58400.jpg (Size: 21.23 KB / Downloads: 39)

Yes, comic books (mainly Marvel but some DC, well Batman), I've got a few thousand of those.

And Marvelfigures and lead figurines.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
:cool:you're such a kid at heart! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

i wish i had all the original STAR WARS toys my older son collected when the first movie came out!

yeah, dust.
Fug duh kund
DUIs
I don't collect anything. I wish I would have kept all my Strawberry shortcake dolls from when I was a kid. I had everyone of them. Dolls are creepy, but those ones were cute and they smelled like delicious desserts.
Coins, books and apparently mostly worthless computer parts.
Video Game Systems, a few CCG/TCGs (Magic, Star Wars, and BattleTech mostly), and Model Trains & Cars.
Nice big Galactus there, OP.

I used to collect comics then switched to coins when I was around 12. I still collect them (colonial).
86 112
STDs
I collect hockey memorabilia for my team and kitschy salt and pepper shakers.

Here's a couple of the salt and pepper shakers I have, I've collected some more since taking this picture. I started this when my gran died and took her collection off her 'nick nack' shelf. My insane mother was going to throw them all away. (luke, we share parts of the same mother I think)

Yes Diamonds ::bigg::
I would stop eating chocolate.. but I'm not a quitter!

:B
jackboots Wrote::cool:you're such a kid at heart! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

i wish i had all the original STAR WARS toys my older son collected when the first movie came out!
My brother has all the original Star Wars toys .
Star Wars was huge when i was kid.

I collect gem stones and used to collect bits of blue and white china and Silver pill boxs.

Do animals count as a collection ....because i used to have tons of reptiles ...Snakes, Spiders, lizards and Turtles .
I was quite obsessed for a couple of years .
Most have been re-homed sold or died .. i've just got one Spider and three Snakes left .

FM: i've just got one Spider and three Snakes left .

er, uh...how cuddly! ::lmao::

jackboots Wrote:FM: i've just got one Spider and three Snakes left .

er, uh...how cuddly! ::lmao::

You should have seen my two Iguanas Lucy and George ...now they were cute75

I don't know where to start.:Blush:Coins,stamps,comics,antique furniture,old toys, classic cars,18th century tools,telephone insulators, old bottles,turn of the century sheet music, lithograghs,18th century books,antique fishing poles,first issue childrens books,records,quitars, old locks, plates,1940's clocks and radios, 1960's matchbox cars,Old postcards,maps, baseball cards before 1972, 1960's concert posters. 25
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Ears
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Ears
I would like to hear about them.Smiley_emoticons_biggrinDo you flatten them ina scrapbook?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Okay, seriously now... I have a collection of loose gemstones that I've spent WAY too much money on.

[Image: loosegemstones.jpg]