Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Indiana Police Officer shot in face
i've been watching and waiting today to see if Deputy Marshal Stephen Brady survives...and then i got a PM from FAHQTOO telling me she heard all this gunfire near her! she asked me to post the story. Thanks F2. i hope you'll let me know how the Officer is doing if you hear news.

Indiana News Center

WATERLOO, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Ralph Hardiek and an unidentified female with him were struck multiple times by a series of shots fired by police officers as the man and woman were confronted in the backyard of a home on the 200 block of South Center Street in Waterloo.

41 Year old Ralph Hardiek died at the scene in a barrage of bullets.
Hardiek had an arrest record in Noble County for meth.

His accomplice remains in critical condition at Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne.

Officer Stephen Brady was shot in an earlier confrontation, we’re told the bullet went through the left eye socket and exited near his right ear.

We are led to believe he'll survive the ordeal.

It all started before 3 a.m. at a home north of Waterloo, where the two suspects came asking for help with a vehicle they claimed was stuck in a ditch.

Two Waterloo officers were dispatched to find the two and their disabled vehicle. Officer Brady encountered the pair back in town just after three a.m., where he took a bullet to the face.

A manhunt that followed wound up in the neighborhood where we're at, a homeowner alerting authorities to the fact people were hiding on her property.

Sgt. Ron Galaviz from the Indiana State Police says the pair was "Hunkered down underneath a deck, failing to obey officers' commands. A taser device was deployed and shortly thereafter, the male was said to have displayed a handgun, pointing it at officers, thus putting their safety and their lives in jeopardy.”

At this time no one knows why the pair shot Officer Brady. It goes from a report of two people wanting help with a disabled car, to a police officer shot in the face.

Sgt. Galaviz says he doesn't have an answer as to motive.

Indiana’s NewsCenter spoke with some witnesses to the gun fight that took place on the 200 block of South Center Street.

We spoke to a neighbor, a man who witnessed the shooting. We also caught up with woman who used to live in the house where the male suspect was shot and killed.

Both tell us that the town is in shock they say it's a town that sticks by its officers.

A.J. Kelton one of the witnesses says, "Looked outside and saw the state troopers lined from here all around. They blocked off the street, looked out and saw one Indiana State Trooper armed with an assault rifle, which makes my morning interesting."

From there, Kelton says a gun fight ensued.

"What to me I could only describe as basically a gun battle. A couple of shots returned by several more."

That gun battle was also heard by Tammy Beechler.

She knows the house well. She used to live here and even built the deck the two suspects hid under. The deck where gun battle took place.

"There's no way that they could have got all the way into that,” says Beechler, “because the kids would lose toys and stuff down in there. There was no way, so they had to be on the outside."

Witnesses say it was a sad day for the town of Waterloo. A town that is close-knit and knows its police officers.

"Go in there and have coffee with them in the morning at the gas station. We're pretty well small town and we all stick together and we're in with our cops. So it's a pretty sad day for it."

"I honestly don't want to hear that one of my one of the officers in my town had been hurt in any kind of injury like that. Especially one that comes about it a way that you're not expecting."

Police have released the name of the male suspect who shot a Waterloo Police Officer in the face early Thursday morning.

Ralph Daniel Hardiek, 41, of Auburn died at the scene after emerging from a hiding spot underneath a porch with a gun. Officers responded by discharging an unknown number of rounds.

The police officer that was originally shot has been identified as 47-year-old Deputy-Marshal Stephen Brady.

Brady is listed in serious but stable condition.

He's married to Waterloo Police Sergeant Janet Brady.

Everything started shortly before 3 AM when officials say a man, Hardiek, and a woman knocked on a door on County Road 35 to get help with a wrecked car.

Two Waterloo officers were then called out to find the people. Shortly after 3 AM one of the officers apparently encountered the two people and was shot in the face. They were found by another officer in a squad car. The wounded 13-year veteran, Brady, was then hospitalized in serious condition.

The shooting prompted a massive manhunt in Waterloo. Police had scant information on the suspects' description, except that they were a man and a woman wearing dark colored clothing.

Then right around 6 AM, a home owner called police stating that someone may be hiding underneath their porch. When police arrived they ordered the suspects out and when they refused police shot tasers at the suspects.

When the male suspect emerged from hiding holding a gun, officers responded by discharging their weapons. The gunfire was heard during a live interview Indiana's NewsCenter was having with State Police Sergeant Ron Galaviz at the time.

INC Video-journalist Aaron Dohring says the second shooting came from a house on Center Street, about two blocks from the initial shooting.

Details of what happened there have not yet been released.

deadass shooter
[Image: Ralph-Daniel-Hardiek.jpg]

deadass shooter's deadass body
[Image: Waterloo-porch-shooting-%286%29.jpg]

[Image: Waterloo-porch-shooting-%281%29.jpg]

[Image: Waterloo-porch-shooting-%288%29.jpg]

Renata Ford, the town's clerk and treasurer, said the shootings had stunned the community of about 2,000 residents. The town has six police officers, including Brady and his wife, Sgt. Janet Brady.

"Everybody knows the police and we're all very devastated," she said. "People are outraged, devastated - with such a small town to have something like that happen to our police."

[Image: 24-17cPf6.St.55.jpg]

Indiana State Police Sgt. Ron Galaviz addresses the media

[Image: United-States-Marshals-Service-Badge%201.jpg]

[Image: 47-103RtR.St.55.jpg]

This is 5 miles north of my town. My Nephew-in-law is a Waterloo town Marshall.
Was kind of freaking out when I heard it on the news while getting ready for work. I forgot to charge my phone last night, so I couldn't even call anybody to find out who it was...grrr

Fucking Meth Heads. I heard the gunshots going off during a live news feed. He had at least 40 bullets pumped into him...not sure about the woman, but it doesn't sound good, or maybe it is good.
I don't want to pay for that cunts care and incarceration for the rest of my life!!
My niece is a fucking basket case...she had to get a couple of Valium from the doc to calm her down and make her sleep.

Thanks LC...I thought it would go in the "Officer down" thread. Didn't mean for you to make a whole new thread.
F2: I thought it would go in the "Officer down" thread.

i am hoping i won't have to enter him in the Officer Down thread. i usually only post deceased Officers there. he is in serious condition, but i have hopes for his survival from what i've read.

a thing like that certainly does affect the public who hear it! especially when you're not used to gunfire where you live.

WATERLOO, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) – A Waterloo officer describes Deputy Marshal Stephen Brady as a “dedicated man.” Deputy Marshal Brady was shot in the face Thursday morning when trying to help a couple whose car had crashed.

Reserve Sergeant Don Ladd, of the Waterloo Town Marshal’s Office, says Deputy Marshal Brady is a dedicated man who protects and serves his community even when off-duty.

Brady’s been on the force for 14 years, and is married to fellow waterloo patrol officer, Janet. Brady is also a father and has children from a previous marriage.

Ladd describes Brady as friendly and an excellent officer whose ultimate goal is to keep Waterloo happy, safe and peaceful. He says Brady is one of the most dedicated and reliable people he's ever met, and you can count on him for anything.

My Niece says he is the best, above and beyond her own husband.

I actually think her husband is somewhat of an asshole when he's off duty, but I certainly would never wish any harm to him and he is a very good Police Officer as well.
I do understand the stress a LEO carries around all the time.
oh God, did she have the scanner on and hear officer down??

No. As far as I knew, he was always on the night shift but has recently moved to the day shift. All Waterloo officers were called in as well as any available from 5 surrounding counties, state police and sheriff departments. She had to stay home and freak out by herself until my sister got there to calm her down.

My one son works in Waterloo and couldn't get into town to work, and the other lives in town and couldn't get out to go to work. For a few hours anyway.

I would have shit a brick if it was my deck they were hiding under, with all the gunshots...I'm sure I would need therapy.

My Nephews claim to fame is when he pulled over Brett Michaels tour bus and found cocaine. I'm still pissed he didn't call me and ask me to help with a thorough and proper strip search.
Friday...i checked on his condition first thing this morning.

[Image: waterloo_marshall_stephen_brady_20111216...40_480.JPG]

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - NewsChannel 15 has learned Waterloo Deputy Marshal Stephen Brady has responded to "yes or no questions" and is in critical but stable condition at Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne.
Hospital personnel had to stop bleeding in Brady's face. They were able to do so by going through his leg and then into the facial area.

Brady is currently on a respirator and sedated.

The source told NewsChannel 15 his improvements up to this latest information are "promising." The source would NOT say, avoiding speculation, that his injuries were non-life threatening.

this is the POS suspect who is also in serious condition (shot by police.) i don't have a history on her yet.
Julie Marie King

[Image: KING_JULIE_20111216073839_640_480.JPG]

ugly bitch Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Fuckin Meth Heads...we all thought she would have died by now.
Eyebrows tell a tale...
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

Hahaha!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-16-2011, 08:55 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Fuckin Meth Heads...we all thought she would have died by now.

Hopefully it will come soon and I pray the twat is in excruciating pain!
113 Dammitt, Cracker! You crack me the fuck up sometimes. I hope the bitch dies. Hell, If it was me, I would of just took her out. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/crime/offic...s.facebook
News-Sentinel

Investigators have found a vehicle connected to the shooting a Waterloo deputy marshal early Thursday morning.

Police have impounded a red 1996 Dodge Neon that is registered to the same Julie Marie King who is a suspect in the shooting of Deputy Marshal Stephen Brady, 47, of Pleasant Lake, according to Sgt. Ron Galaviz, spokesman for the Indiana State Police.

King, 33, of Auburn, was last reported in critical condition at an undisclosed hospital after being shot by police hours after Brady was injured. King had been found under a deck with a second suspect, Ralph Daniel Hardiek, 41, of Auburn, who was shot and killed by police.

Around 3 a.m., Hardiek and King allegedly had knocked on the door of a home north of Waterloo, about 30 miles north of Fort Wayne, saying their car had gone into a ditch. Investigators believe Brady, who was responding to aid the couple, was shot when he encountered the duo a few blocks from the home. A manhunt for the shooters led police to a nearby house around 6 a.m., where they found King and Hardiek.

Galaviz said he was not aware of the car’s condition or where it was in relationship to where the suspects had originally gone to seek help.

A call to the DeKalb County prosecutor’s office concerning possible charges against King was not returned Friday. Waterloo is in DeKalb County.

Noble County Prosecutor Steven Clouse told The Associated Press that Hardiek had been scheduled to appear in court Dec. 8 on charges of manufacturing methamphetamine and possessing drug paraphernalia. Clouse said Hardiek faced 12 years under a plea agreement but failed to appear in court, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

DeKalb County Coroner Jeff Warner told the AP that an autopsy revealed Hardiek died from more than 10 gunshot wounds

I say, turn all her machines the fuck off! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO BITCH 113
(12-17-2011, 01:33 PM)JsMom Wrote: I say, turn all her machines the fuck off! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO BITCH 113

Well said! Twat deserves to DIE!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Brad...8893898227

Not sure if he will lose an eye yet or if his jaw will ever function properly again, but he is on his way to recovery after several surgeries.

The woman is still alive and being cared for on our dime...Bullshit