Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amir Jennings, 18 mos. SC/GA missing
this bitch is the new casey anthony. she's told one goddamn lie after another, sending investigators all over the place, wasting resources and time. reminds me of baby Gabriel also. :(

Fox
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The grandmother of a missing 18-month-old South Carolina boy pleaded with the public Friday to help authorities find the toddler who was last seen by relatives at Thanksgiving.

Fighting back tears, Jocelyn Jennings Nelson described her grandson, Amir, as a happy child with a gap in his front teeth. She says he enjoys nursery rhymes, music and responds to "Mir Mir" and "AJ."

"My family and I are requesting your support in helping us to find his location and to bring him home," Nelson said.

Police Chief Randy Scott said officers were tracking down leads. The boy's mother, Zinah Jennings, has been jailed since police said she lied to them last week about where he son was.

Nelson reported Jennings missing in early December, saying she was worried about the boy and her daughter. The grandmother told authorities her daughter was a former Winthrop University student who struggled with depression and started acting erratically after her son's birth.

Police began looking for the 22-year-old mother but said they also considered that relatives said she had repeatedly left town for days at a time, taking her son to visit friends in neighboring states.

Several weeks later, on Christmas Eve, police investigating a one-car wreck just blocks from Jennings' home were surprised to find the driver was the young mother they'd been looking for.

Interviewed at a hospital, police said Jennings gave conflicting statements about where the boy was, first telling authorities she didn't have any children before saying Amir was with friends and family in cities from Atlanta to Charlotte, N.C.

After several dead ends, the mother was arrested Dec. 29 and charged with lying to police. Authorities say they have stepped up their efforts to find the boy and are hoping a tip line will yield some information.

Jennings also took investigators to a Columbia apartment complex where she said she had dropped off her son, later saying she didn't know the apartment number or location within the complex, according to search warrants provided to The Associated Press.

Police searched the mother's home and car this week with cadaver dogs. Search warrants show that authorities were looking for items that could contain Amir's DNA, but paperwork listing items removed from Jennings' bedroom was heavily redacted.

Scott said Friday that Jennings has continued to be unhelpful. Investigators are working on a timeline from Thanksgiving to Dec. 8, when Nelson reported her daughter missing.

As more time passes, Scott said he's worried.

"I'm fearful," Scott said. "I will tell you, I'm concerned."

Police have spoken with Amir's father, who told them he had seen the boy during Thanksgiving but generally has had little contact with him. The father was not identified by police.

Jennings is being held in Richland County jail on $150,000 bond. Police have said they don't know if she has an attorney.

On Friday, Jennings' aunt thanked people who had called in tips to authorities and made an appeal for more information.

"It may seem insignificant, but if you can remember anything else, please call the hotline and let the detectives whether that information is significant or not," Millie Houston said.

[Image: amir-jennings.jpg]

[Image: amir-jennings.jpg]

[Image: 16444826_BG1.jpg]

grandmother Jocelyn Jennings Nelson

[Image: 628x471.jpg]

posted 1231 in another thread:

bloody hell.

[Image: 34a8ae38.jpg]

[Image: 16422774_BG2.JPG]

[Image: 16422774_BG1.JPG]

WMBF

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The mother of a missing child has been arrested and charged unlawful conduct towards a child after police say she gave false and inconsistent information to investigators on the child's whereabouts.

Authorities say 18-month-old Amir Jennings was last seen by his family members during the Thanksgiving holiday.

The mother, 22-year-old Zinah Demaris Jennings, is currently at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center following a hearing where bond was set at $150,000 surety.

Initially, police say, Zinah's family members were worried that Zinah and the child had gone missing after being unable to get in touch with the pair earlier in December. A missing persons report was then filed on both Amir and Zinah.

On Christmas Eve, according to police, Zinah was involved in a car crash on Millwood Avenue. The responding officer found Zinah in the missing persons directory and immediately asked her about her son.

Investigators say Zinah gave false and inconsistent information to the officer.

Amir remains missing and police are looking for any leads that might help them locate the child.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Amir Jennings, you are asked to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.

good source
search warrants, photos, details here:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/30146336/detail.html

According to search warrants, Zinah told officers she did not even have a son. She later recanted and said her son was in Atlanta. Three days later, she told investigators her son was with a man named Ernest Robinson. Officers researched that claim and discovered the man doesn't exist.
Zinah took investigators to an apartment complex where she said she dropped off her son. She then told officers she didn't remember the apartment number, or where the apartment was located within the complex. THE CASEY ANTHONY PLAYBOOK!

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Cadaver dogs looking for a South Carolina boy searched his mother's car and home as she sat in jail on charges of lying to police about what she did with her son, though authorities were not saying whether they found any evidence the toddler was dead.

Seriously? This is so much like Casey Anthony, it's fucking freaky. I bet thats where she got her crazy ass idea's.. I'm telling you, ever since Casey Anthony got away with this shit, it's like you hear more and more of it everyday and the parent's are almost getting away with it.. What the hell kind of shit is this? I hope this doesn't end like the Casey Athony shit did...
(01-06-2012, 05:04 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: [Image: 16444826_BG1.jpg]

Holy Marge Simpson!

Eyebrows tell a tale.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
[Image: 378146_338877816124793_165069043505672_1...height=600]

[Image: Missing_Toddler_3.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0F5704D600000578-493_468x300.jpg]

That boy is a cutie pie. Why do people have kids they don't even want? Why do their family members not watch out for them, especially if they KNOW there is a problem?

This kid has been missing over a month. How are they ever going to find him now? Why can't the grandmother find out where he is? She raised the crazy bitch, she should take it upon herself to find that little boy.

Why are all these families so helpless? I don't understand that mindset. If you know you have a bad egg, step in and do whatever you have to do to protect the little ones.

I hate these endless cycles of pathetic.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(01-06-2012, 06:06 PM)Cracker Wrote: Eyebrows tell a tale.

Cuban?

People should be allowed to buy unwanted children.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that leads to a world of other problems.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
poor Amir is probably deceased. this thread, like many other missing baby threads, will likely sink like a stone unless a body is found. there are so many missing babies and children (as well as adults) out there that will never be found. i barely post 1% of them. only a very few get national news attention.
if this story stays in the media, it will be because of the similarities to Caylee's case.
i'll keep checking on the kids however.

WSBTV

EAST POINT, Ga. —

Investigators continued to search for clues this weekend in the disappearance of an 18-month-old South Carolina boy last seen in Atlanta.

Amir Jennings vanished with his mother six weeks ago. His mother has been found in South Carolina, but has refused to tell investigators where her son is.

Amir’s aunt, Denise Jennings, lives in East Point. She said local and federal authorities searched her property on Ridgecrest Lane on Thursday with cadaver dogs.

Amir and his mother lived with Jennings for several months last fall before disappearing.

Jennings said she still holds out hope for her nephew and believes he is alive and well.

Denise Jennings’ sister, Zinah Jennings, is jailed in Columbia, S.C., on child cruelty charges. Police said, since they found her, she has told them various stories about where Amir might be.

Denise Jennings said she thinks he sister suffered from postpartum depression.

“I think she left him with someone. I think she was scared and wanted him to be cared for,” Denise Jennings said.

Denise Jennings' yard was searched because Amir and Zinah Jennings had lived with her for most of the fall before they vanished on Nov. 17. She said there was no indication anything was wrong when her sister left for the final time.

“We love him, and we want him home,” Denise Jennings said about her nephew.

Authorities said they have found some evidence and leads, but would not go into detail about what that evidence is.

WSOCTV

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Investigators in Columbia found what they believe are bloody blankets and clothes in the car of the mother of a missing South Carolina toddler.

Amir Jennings, who is 18 months old, vanished the day before Thanksgiving.

Eyewitness News has been closely following this case since last week, when investigators said Amir could be in Charlotte.

According to search warrants obtained by a TV station in Columbia, police went to his mother Zinah's home on Jan. 4 after her stepfather told police he saw her in the backyard with a shovel around the time Amir disappeared.

According to the station’s report, investigators recovered a shovel from the home and the blankets and clothes from her car.

God damn it. God damn it. God damn it.

Not looking good.
crazy ho is pregnant. her lawyer wants her released.
LOTS of females remain in jail while pregnant! that is no get-out-of-jail-free card.

edit to add: strange...the search was called off within a couple hours.

COLUMBIA, SC (WISTV) - Several law enforcement agencies are searching a wooded area in Richland County for a toddler who hasn't been seen since Thanksgiving.

About 100 officers with multiple agencies, including the FBI, State Law Enforcement Division, Richland County Sheriff's Department, Columbia Police Department, and the Columbia-Richland Fire Department are looking for Amir Jennings in an 8.5-mile area near a small rural church off of Brick Iron Rd. near Monticello Rd.

18-month-old Amir Jennings has been missing since November 24. His mother, Zinah Jennings, has been in jail since Christmas Eve, but will not tell authorities where the boy is.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP, WLTX) -- An attorney for the mother of a South Carolina toddler missing since Thanksgiving says his client is pregnant and should be released from jail.

Hemphill Pride II says in court papers filed earlier this week that 22-year-old Zinah Jennings needs pre-natal care. Pride says he has known about the pregnancy since January 17th.

Pride says a doctor who has examined Jennings says she is mentally ill.

Pride says Jennings has been ordered to have treatment for a year and has been ordered to take Risperdal, used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia.

In another filing, Pride says he wants Zinah Jennings to appear in civilian clothing in all subsequent court appearances, since she has been dressed with inmate clothing in other times.

[Image: 30174678_2.jpg]

[Image: 16609068_BG3.jpg]
[Image: 120126022646_police-search.jpg]

They called of the search...??? strange.

Uhh should they be giving her those meds for schizophrenia while pregnant, I know people who had to stop taking their meds for bi-polar disorder while pregnant. Not that I care about this piece of shit one bit, if she is pregnant, the baby at least deserves a happy life away from her.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

good for the Judge!

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS/AP) - A judge has denied a motion to reduce bond for a mother whose 18-month-old child has been missing since before Thanksgiving.

Richland County Circuit County Judge Casey Manning made the decision a day after Zinah Jennings and her attorney appeared in court to say that police are violating her rights by opposing her release on bond.

Hemphill Pride II said in court Monday that police oppose Zinah Jennings' release from jail because the 22-year-old mother hasn't told them where her young son is. Pride said his client has a right to remain silent.

"The real reason that the police department is holding her is in violation of her constitutional right to remain silent," said Pride. "

She's charged with a crime and for some reason they think if you're charged with a crime and you don't cooperate with them, then you're a flight risk." of course the crazy lying ho is a flight risk. she's nuts!

Pride told a judge that his pregnant client's $150,000 bond should be lowered so she can be released and get prenatal care. The judge said he will rule later.

Police say Jennings hasn't cooperated with them at all, at one point telling investigators that she didn't even have a child.

"She said she did not have a son, when pressed, after a nurse pointed out that she had marks from a C-section, Zinah then began a process of telling multiple stories to law enforcement about the location of her son," said investigator Colin Bailey.

The mystery of Amir is still that 54 days later, investigators don't even know what day the child disappeared.

"Even until this day, we're not able to exactly determine where Mrs. Jennings has been," said Columbia Police Chief Randy Scott.

[Image: 16629563_BG4.jpg]