Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do you think campaigns and politics have...
become too...toxic? Disrespectful?

I'm watching Mitt and Newt tear each other apart and then there's the recent comparison of Obama to the Italian cruise liner captain.

And then there was the Arizona governor sticking her finger in Obama's face. I don't know what Obama said but regardless, does that show the world a complete lack of respect for the office of the presidency? Or just a true democracy in action.

Should there be some small standard of civility in politics or just take the gloves off and have at it?

I'm not really interested in answers to all the specific questions...just your thoughts on the subject as a whole.

Commando Cunt Queen
Governors who like state's rights aren't big fans of Obama. He turned to walk away from her while she was talking and it pissed her off. That's what I read (supposed to be her explanation).

I tuned out. I'm not watching any of the dog and pony show. When election time is closer, several organizations will publish comparative charts of hopeful's platforms. I will vote using that information, and their track record. I refuse to watch the other crap. Waste of time. We all know how binding campaign promises are.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I'm not just focusing on her finger pointing but there seems to be a general decline in civility and professionalism across the board in politics (with the media stirring the pot).

I just find it sort of nauseating. If I were vying for a job against a co-worker, I wouldn't dream of dragging up personal bullshit; I'd focus on the other person's job qualifications against my own.

That doesn't hold true in politics these days. The focus seems to be "how badly can I smear the other person"?
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-30-2012, 10:22 PM)username Wrote: the Arizona governor sticking her finger in Obama's face.

Should there be some small standard of civility in politics or just take the gloves off and have at it?

I saw the photo of Jan Brewer doing that & my immediate thought was that I would have grabbed & twisted that finger until I bought that cow to her knees...and then I would have kicked her over.

There should be a standard. I'm not interested in listening to people who want to be the leader of the free world bickering & backbiting like children. It turns me off and I would never vote for someone who doesn't have the ability to control himself. I've never in my life seen people try to get a job in the fashion these politicians do. 78

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Finger pointers are evil...
[Image: obama_finger-pointing.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It was funny seeing Newt complaining about how bringing up his personal life was so disrespectful, I don't remember him complaining about the sanctity of personal life during the time of Clinton/Lewinsky.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(01-31-2012, 08:42 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: It was funny seeing Newt complaining about how bringing up his personal life was so disrespectful, I don't remember him complaining about the sanctity of personal life during the time of Clinton/Lewinsky.

I recall that! He went on & on about the American public having the right to know & he was going to make sure they did. Bwahahaha! Funny how quickly their tune changes when the shoe is on the other foot.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think the American public have the right to know that Newt dumped his wife when she became terminally ill.

Nice man.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(01-31-2012, 08:46 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I think the American public have the right to know that Newt dumped his wife when she became terminally ill.

Nice man.

As usual you're a flaming fucking retard.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...rview.html

she looks terminal, she looks dead ,she looks like she gave an interview a couple of weeks ago.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(01-31-2012, 12:14 PM)IMaDick Wrote: As usual you're a flaming fucking retard.

she looks terminal, she looks dead ,she looks like she gave an interview a couple of weeks ago.

He dumped her BECAUSE she became seriously ill and she was no longer of any use to him fucktard.

Newt is just as much of a philandering fuck as Clinton ever was but because he is a Republican you are deliberately blind to it you hypocritical sack of shit.
(01-31-2012, 01:21 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(01-31-2012, 12:14 PM)IMaDick Wrote: As usual you're a flaming fucking retard.

He dumped her BECAUSE she became seriously ill and she was no longer of any use to him fucktard.

Newt is just as much of a philandering fuck as Clinton ever was but because he is a Republican you are deliberately blind to it you hypocritical sack of shit.

Live and die in a padded cell you crazy fucker, she is still alive and well people get divorced all the time for whatever the fuck reason they want to.

Now john edwards is the one you should be fucking talking about but you're not.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(01-31-2012, 01:38 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Live and die in a padded cell you crazy fucker, she is still alive and well people get divorced all the time for whatever the fuck reason they want to.

hah

Yeah right, nobodys business until you get blown by an intern, then suddenly in the publics interest right?

Hypocritical, wetback employing, illegal alien whinging fucknut.
(01-31-2012, 01:46 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(01-31-2012, 01:38 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Live and die in a padded cell you crazy fucker, she is still alive and well people get divorced all the time for whatever the fuck reason they want to.

hah

Yeah right, nobodys business until you get blown by an intern, then suddenly in the publics interest right?

Hypocritical, wetback employing, illegal alien whinging fucknut.

In the oval office yep it's everyones business.

just like the guys you blow in the subway restroom, that's between you and them and the free clinic.

John Adams

(01-31-2012, 01:53 PM)IMaDick Wrote: In the oval office yep it's everyones business.

just like the guys you blow in the subway restroom, that's between you and them and the free clinic.

You are so full of rank hypocrisy you must have Republican elephant semen coming out of your ears every time you get the taco farts.

(01-31-2012, 01:58 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(01-31-2012, 01:53 PM)IMaDick Wrote: In the oval office yep it's everyones business.

You are so full of rank hypocrisy you must have Republican elephant semen coming out of your ears every time you get the taco farts.

Thanks for the reply. your insightful although irrelevant post is just that irrelevant.

AMF

John Adams

(01-31-2012, 05:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 10:22 PM)username Wrote: the Arizona governor sticking her finger in Obama's face.

I saw the photo of Jan Brewer doing that & my immediate thought was that I would have grabbed & twisted that finger until I bought that cow to her knees...and then I would have kicked her over.

Me too. POTUS or not, you just don't stick your finger in an adult's face like that unless you're willing to have it broken. Some guy did that to my husband once and he did just about break his finger. He was pissed.
Commando Cunt Queen
Watching Cynical and Dick go at it in a thread about the decline of civility in politics is kind of ironic/funny.

Fuck civility!!!

hah

Commando Cunt Queen
(01-31-2012, 02:22 PM)username Wrote: Watching Cynical and Dick go at it in a thread about the decline of civility in politics is kind of ironic/funny.

Fuck civility!!!

hah

CN lives in england, He has nothing to share that is relavant in our political discussions.

You should take a minute and wipe that crap off your face.

John Adams

Barry is the one that started bitching first as he was heading towards her, squaking about her book.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-31-2012, 02:25 PM)IMaDick Wrote: You should take a minute and wipe that crap off your face.

95 Killjoy!!!
Commando Cunt Queen