Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discrimination or just don't know when to STFU?
Minority students face harsher punishments

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — More than 70 percent of students involved in school-related arrests or cases referred to law enforcement were Hispanic or African-American, according to an Education Department report that raises questions about whether students of all races are disciplined evenhandedly in America's schools.

Black students are more than three times as likely as their white peers to be suspended or expelled, according to an early snapshot of the report released to reporters. The findings come from a national collection of civil rights data from 2009-10 of more than 72,000 schools serving 85 percent of the nation.

The Education Department said it would release more details Tuesday.

"The sad fact is that minority students across America face much harsher discipline than non-minorities, even within the same school," Education Secretary Arne Duncan told reporters.

Duncan said some school officials might not have been aware of inconsistencies in how they handle discipline, and he hoped the report would be an eye-opener.

Raul Gonzalez, legislative director at the National Council of La Raza who taught school in New York, said "zero tolerance" policies in both schools and the court system disproportionately affect black and Hispanic kids. He said the policies have created a system that takes kids out of school and ultimately leads them into prison where they become hardened criminals. He said more moderate responses are needed in schools, and he hopes that the report will lead to a change in policies in schools and in state laws.

"We've lost control of all judgment here, and it's almost always a black kid or a Hispanic kid" affected, Gonzalez said.

According to the Education Department's report, 42 percent of the referrals to law enforcement involve black students and 29 percent involved Hispanics, while 35 percent of students involved in school-related arrests were black and 37 percent were Hispanic.

Black students made up 18 percent of the students in the sample, but they were 35 percent of students suspended once and 39 percent of students expelled, the report said.

Because kids should be allowed to act any way they want in school so they don't become criminals.

The report forgot to mention if the people handing out the discipline are black or white.

This is the same "don't send criminals to jail or they become hardened" logic that is now being used for schools.

What do you think?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-06-2012, 05:59 PM)Cracker Wrote: What do you think?

I'd eat PB&J's and beans & hot dogs if that was what it took in order for me to have the money to send a kid to private school...that's what I think.

It sounds like a fuckin' zoo.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
White kids are better behaved?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
IDK. The story doesn't say if all kids get the same punishment for the same kind and number of offenses. They have different levels of punishments for different offenses. Talking shit to a teacher = no punishment, bringing guns or drugs = expulsion.

Funny how they mentioned the punishments but didn't mention the crimes...

Where I used to work:

White 53.3%, Black 30.7%, Hispanic 10.2%

Expulsions: None

ISS (In School Suspension)

White 47.7%, Black 38.6%, Hispanic 6.8%

OSS (Out of School Suspension)

White 52.4%, Black 33.3%, Hispanic 4.8%

That report is fucking bullshit. I got that from the Office of Civil Rights. Check your school: http://ocrdata.ed.gov/DistrictSchoolSearch#schoolSearch
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-06-2012, 06:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 05:59 PM)Cracker Wrote: What do you think?

I'd eat PB&J's and beans & hot dogs if that was what it took in order for me to have the money to send a kid to private school...that's what I think.

It sounds like a fuckin' zoo.

Private school is 27,000 a year per child and that does not include books. That is why people that do send their kids should get a tax break.
It's cheaper to live in a white area of town than to pay for private school.
(03-06-2012, 06:53 PM)Cracker Wrote: IDK. The story doesn't say if all kids get the same punishment for the same kind and number of offenses. They have different levels of punishments for different offenses. Talking shit to a teacher = no punishment, bringing guns or drugs = expulsion.

Funny how they mentioned the punishments but didn't mention the crimes...

Where I used to work:

White 53.3%, Black 30.7%, Hispanic 10.2%

Expulsions: None

ISS (In School Suspension)

White 47.7%, Black 38.6%, Hispanic 6.8%

OSS (Out of School Suspension)

White 52.4%, Black 33.3%, Hispanic 4.8%

That report is fucking bullshit. I got that from the Office of Civil Rights. Check your school: http://ocrdata.ed.gov/DistrictSchoolSearch#schoolSearch

55% White, 29.7% Hispanic, and everybody else.

Expulsions: 0 (which is fucking ridiculous IMO).

ISS--66.7% Hispanic, 33% White.

OSS--42% Hispanic, 43% White.
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-06-2012, 05:59 PM)Cracker Wrote: Minority students face harsher punishments
What do you think?

I think if blacks and hispanics get more punishment it is because they are committing more offenses. Their behaviour may be as a result of bad parenting or absentee fathers. The article goes on to blame the system for creating a criminal who is destined for jail. I think by the time the system is reacting it's too late, because the responsibility of instilling values and dicipline was neglected by the parents. This includes respect for others and self respect.
And segregation is bad? C'mon, Boston sucks.

94% population is white in my area snow and cold is like a barrier for red squirrels also.
Move up here Cracker, plenty of fields to plow........hah

Thats right bitch......come to a "freestate"
(03-06-2012, 08:15 PM)username Wrote: 55% White, 29.7% Hispanic, and everybody else.

You can't expel kids if their parents pay, right? Do you have to refund their tution if a kid gets expelled?

Why do you think there are so many Hispanic kids in ISS? Just your observations, please. I know you spend time at the school.

(03-06-2012, 09:11 PM)Maggot Wrote: Move up here Cracker, plenty of fields to plow........hah

I don't think I could stand the cold. You have winter and a month or two of spring. I don't think you even have summer or fall.
(03-06-2012, 10:00 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 08:15 PM)username Wrote: 55% White, 29.7% Hispanic, and everybody else.

You can't expel kids if their parents pay, right? Do you have to refund their tution if a kid gets expelled?

Why do you think there are so many Hispanic kids in ISS? Just your observations, please. I know you spend time at the school.

(03-06-2012, 09:11 PM)Maggot Wrote: Move up here Cracker, plenty of fields to plow........hah

I don't think I could stand the cold. You have winter and a month or two of spring. I don't think you even have summer or fall.

O stop........How can you appreciate the spring and fall without the harsh reality of winter? It's invigorating.
What would I bitch about in a white state, Maggot?
(03-06-2012, 10:42 PM)Cracker Wrote: What would I bitch about in a white state, Maggot?

Anti-desegregation?
(03-06-2012, 09:05 PM)Maggot Wrote: 94% population is white in my area snow and cold is like a barrier for red squirrels also.

I grew up where it was all white. I never saw a black adult until I went to college.

I remember being grounded for calling one of my brothers a nigger, my Mom considered that a filthy cuss word.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It IS a filthy cuss word Duchess.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
98.7% white for my youngest (no black or hispanic)

1.3% Hispanic, 98.7% white for my oldest, (no black)

100% white enrollement in gifted or talented classes

100% white in Algebra I and II

1% Hispanic OSS

1% Hispanic ISS

0 Expulsions

And just today, I had to pick the oldest up from school. Before we left, the asst. principal wanted to speak to us. It turns out a girl in my oldests grade has had her locker broken into and her phone messed with on several occasions. She's been reporting it, but no one knows who did it. My oldest saw them yesterday and messaged her on FaceBook about it. She asked if it was OK if she told the office what she saw. He said yes and she did. The Asst. Principal wanted to congratulate him on doing the right thing, breaking into someone's locker and going through someones property is a huge offense at his school, tantamount to stealing. What I'm getting at is, guess which kid it was doing it? The 1.3% Hispanic kid.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
All Snow Flakes are NOT precious or the same. Parents raise animals and expect the school to be responsible fo them.
I don't think there is a teacher salery anywhere in this country that would make me take the job.
I grew up not giving a fuck what color a person was, I was more interested in if I could trust them or not a persons colors are not always a reference to the color of their skin.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(03-07-2012, 08:05 AM)ramseycat Wrote: It IS a filthy cuss word Duchess.

Yeah, that's why it's used over and over and over again in rap music.

I guess you can sing it, you just can't say it.
Commando Cunt Queen