Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abusive Parents Force 12 year old to wear a diaper.
For an F on her report card.

A Minnesota couple faces criminal charges after police said they punished their 12-year-old girl by shaving her head and making her wear a diaper in public.

On Monday, neighbors and a classmate saw the girl doing wind sprints in a suburban Minneapolis townhouse complex. Her head had been freshly shaved, and she was dressed in a diaper and a tank top.

According to the criminal complaint, the girl said this was the third time she was placed on what she called "diaper duty." The punishment came from her mother for getting an "F" on her report card.

Stephane Broten, 38, and Darnell Landrum, 34, of Fridley, were charged Wednesday with malicious punishment of a child, a gross misdemeanor.

Broten was released on bail on the condition she has no contact with the daughter. Landrum had a small bail set because of a minor criminal history.

The couple had warned the girl repeatedly she would be placed on "diaper duty" if she failed any classes and didn't listen in school, the complaint said.

The girl and the three other children belonging to the couple have been placed in foster care.

Dozens of people from the neighborhood watched on Monday as the girl cried and begged to be let back in her home. Neighbors eventually called police, who arrested her mother and her boyfriend. Fridley Police Lt. Mike Monsrud said the couple laughed and joked as they were driven to the Anoka County jail on Monday. Monsrud said the girl's mother said she couldn't believe that police were getting involved in how they punished their child.

June Campbell, 48, said he saw the girl standing at her backdoor crying, saying, "Can I come in? Can I come in?" But the mother just looked at the girl.

By that time, about 25 people had gathered at the back of the girl's townhouse, which shares a lawn with other buildings. Carl Anderson, 28, said he had stepped out for a smoke when he saw kids coming around the corner and pointing out the girl.

On Tuesday, Anderson said he wished he had taken the girl into his home.
Campbell said the girl was let into her house when police officers arrived about 7:30 p.m.

Officers had responded to four calls in the past two years at the family's townhouse, police said. At least one of the calls triggered notification to a county child protection worker, Monsrud said.

When police arrived Monday, the child had been outside in the diaper for about 30 minutes. Police said she was hysterical. Officers were able to calm her and get her to talk about what had happened.

Tyree Caruthers, 14, said it wasn't the first time he had seen the girl humiliated. He said that several months ago, while he was playing basketball, he saw the girl and her younger sister in diapers and picking up garbage at a nearby park.
I don't care what anyone says, this is going to show up in this girl's psyche as an adult. Fucking bullshit that "malicious punishment of a child" is a misdemeanor.
(05-10-2012, 08:30 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: I don't care what anyone says, this is going to show up in this girl's psyche as an adult.

I was just thinking that after reading your post.

I treat my animals better than many of the people I read about in here treat their children.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-10-2012, 08:30 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: I don't care what anyone says, this is going to show up in this girl's psyche as an adult. Fucking bullshit that "malicious punishment of a child" is a misdemeanor.

Without a doubt this has already affected the girl's psyche and will for years. I sincerely hope the mother in this case does not get to resume custody (though foster care is a crapshoot for the children too). But, wouldn't be surprised if mom undergoes "parenting classes" and eventually resumes custody. It's hard for me to believe that anyone with the mindset to be so cruel and stupid in the first place likely has the capacity to change. I hope I'm wrong about that.

And, the boyfriend, what a dipshit. I assume the name of the mother isn't being released to protect the chidrens' privacy. Sure would love to see what she and the dipshit look like.
(05-10-2012, 08:45 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: And, the boyfriend, what a dipshit. I assume the name of the mother isn't being released to protect the chidrens' privacy. Sure would love to see what she and the dipshit look like.

Snipped from above: - Stephane Broten, 38, and Darnell Landrum, 34, of Fridley, were charged Wednesday with malicious punishment of a child, a gross misdemeanor.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

(05-10-2012, 09:16 AM)Jezreel Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 08:45 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: And, the boyfriend, what a dipshit. I assume the name of the mother isn't being released to protect the chidrens' privacy. Sure would love to see what she and the dipshit look like.

Snipped from above: - Stephane Broten, 38, and Darnell Landrum, 34, of Fridley, were charged Wednesday with malicious punishment of a child, a gross misdemeanor.

hah Oops, thanks Jezreel. More coffee in order! Usually we get the names and photos.

ETA: Did a quick search; couldn't find any photos so far.
(05-10-2012, 08:37 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 08:30 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: I don't care what anyone says, this is going to show up in this girl's psyche as an adult.

I was just thinking that after reading your post.

I treat my animals better than many of the people I read about in here treat their children.

Pretty damn sad! I feel horrible for this girl. Seriously? How the fuck could they? Just Sick!
(05-10-2012, 09:21 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

hah Oops, thanks Jezreel. More coffee in order! Usually we get the names and photos.

Compcoff
No problem Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Found a pic!!
[Image: s-STEPHANIE-BROTEN-DARNELL-LANDRUM-DIAPE...-large.jpg]
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

I'm not even going to say it but you know I'm thinking it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Probably similar to my thoughts too.

(05-10-2012, 09:32 AM)Jezreel Wrote: Found a pic!!

Thanks, Jez. Yep, they're as lovely as I suspected and they look smart too.
(05-10-2012, 09:32 AM)Jezreel Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 09:21 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Compcoff
No problem Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Found a pic!!

PUT THEM IN A DIAPER DAMMIT!!!

Yes I yelled....17
They were LAUGHING in the patrol car as they were arrested.

Arrogant ignorant bitches. I'd like a half hour alone with them in a small room.
(05-10-2012, 09:42 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: I'd like a half hour alone with them in a small room.

Me too. But, I'd wind up facing serious assault charges and these cretans are going to walk away with misdemeanors. Just wrong.

Hoping the children are in foster care together with some decent adults.
I'm still trying to fathom how sadism can possibly be a model for parenting. Part of it is the fear instilled. If the child says anything and there are no witnesses, she's branded a liar publicly. Then it gets worse when they're alone together again for the child's "disloyalty"

Then of course is the "Stockholm Syndrome" that develops in these relationships.
Stupid white bitch. How is shaving someone,s head not more serious than that. Hope she never gets her kids back, or her state aid.
I guess taking away the xbox or tv is not an appropriate punishment for getting an F.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
please give a link or attribution for news articles so we don't get sued for copyright infringement.
this is in the rules.

thanks.

http://mockforums.net/post-206717.html#pid206717

post 2

Look at that pathetic mug. The boyfriend looks like he should be in a diaper.
I was gonna say, another dumb nigger loving white cunt!!!