Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This would be the Greatest Invention of All Time
A 100% foolproof lie detector. Not the toys that are out there now... hit and miss but I'm talking about a lie detector using science that is always accurate. Not just most of the time but all of the time.

Why can't government throw a couple of billion into development- contracting out to the brightest minds, to come up with this machine?

It would put lawyers and courts out of business. Crime would almost come to a standstill.

Think you found your suspect? Simply ask him if he did it. Test comes up positive or negative- accurately condemning or freeing the party.

Could this be done? Could this be invented and utilized? Not tomorrow or even next week, but perhaps within ten years?
It would be most uncomfortable for those who tend to tell untruths.

For instance, what if you could market it to the public?

You come home from the bar and your wife gets in your face and asks if you were hitting on any women?

BUSTED!

I don't think I'm in favor.
Don't hit on women.

Problem solved!
I want the truth!

You can't handle the truth!

He's right ya know. Would we really, REALLY want the ENTIRE truth out there at ALL times?
First to take the test...Politicians
Go watch Judge dread again.

I think you missed the point of the movie.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

That would have been a fabulous thing to have hooked up to my ex at our child support trial. He would have burnt that damn thing out because all he did was lie. Good thing the judge had a good bullshit meter.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Everyone always says they want honesty, the reality is, in many instances, when they get it feelings get hurt & people get angry.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Good point Duchess. I think when it comes to something important, people want honesty. If it's something like do these pants make my ass look big? Better to be nice than honest. Although for me personally, I would rather be told the truth and not go out with my ass looking big. LOL
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(06-15-2012, 12:50 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: It would be most uncomfortable for those who tend to tell untruths.

For instance, what if you could market it to the public?

You come home from the bar and your wife gets in your face and asks if you were hitting on any women?

BUSTED!

I don't think I'm in favor.

You've got a one track mind, you know. Hopefully you still make your wife's toes curl occasionally with all that pent up sperm bubbling around inside begging to come out.
The study of NLP (neuro linguistic programming) is the best in person lie detector of all. Nearly foolproof. Did you know the human body has over a hundred mechanisms that can visibly come into play when the brain tries to send deception signals?
It couldn't be error-free unless human psychology changed. People can be easily influenced by others, by their own thought processes and defensive mechanisms, etc... The device could at best be 100% accurate at measuring whether someone believed they were telling the truth, not whether their perceived truth is reality.
It's no Monkey Rocker, but it would be quite an invention.
(06-15-2012, 10:59 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It couldn't be error-free unless human psychology changed. People can be easily influenced by others, by their own thought processes and defensive mechanisms, etc... The device could at best be 100% accurate at measuring whether someone believed they were telling the truth, not whether their perceived truth is reality.

If the male version had a cock sleeve attached to an electrode I bet it would be error free.
(06-15-2012, 12:02 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 10:59 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It couldn't be error-free unless human psychology changed. People can be easily influenced by others, by their own thought processes and defensive mechanisms, etc... The device could at best be 100% accurate at measuring whether someone believed they were telling the truth, not whether their perceived truth is reality.

If the male version had a cock sleeve attached to an electrode I bet it would be error free.

What? hah

How so?
No guy would DARE lie.
They use the cock-o-meter to determine the preferences of sexual predators.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

It would not work on someone that actually believed they were telling the truth like Charles Manson.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.