Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Would you renounce your citizenship to save on Taxes?
OK, I would guess that no one here on Mock is filthy rich. Comfortable, middle class, maybe...but not Bill Gates rich.
But, if you were, would you consider renouncing your citizenship in the US to save on federal taxes? It seems this is the in thing to do these days.
I don't know...there are things I am unhappy with here, but to give up being a citizen and move to another country? Not sure I would go that far. Yes, I know that most of us are here because our grandparents and other ancestors moved here....but they I think were looking for an alleged better life.
Here is another story of someone moving out...
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/10/politics/d...?hpt=hp_t2
In a heartbeat.
(07-11-2012, 04:04 PM)Riotgear Wrote: In a heartbeat.

Out of curiosity..where would you go? What would you do to make sure your new life would be better than your current one?
That all depends. Do I have unlimited resources in this theoretical exercise?
After having been in a few countries some with no water or shitter or shower. Some with nothing for food then what the town produces. Places that a doctor is 3 days away. No cars, rude people. Nasty customs and ways.
America is where I want to be. The people in the article are just trying to avoid taxes and being rich and avoiding taxes today could get a person killed in a dark alley just for shits & giggles.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Yes!
Unless it equired I move to San Marcos, then, No!
I love the US and wouldn't leave just to avoid taxes, but there are countries that I've visited that I wouldn't mind living in for some length of time. I don't think I would renounce my citizenship though; I'd only go so far as work or student visa.
What?!?! San Marcos is nice and brown this time of year. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to move here. It's much easier to make mummies and it's oh so close to beautiful Escondido! Where the tweakers tweak and the cops are watchful!
(07-11-2012, 04:50 PM)Riotgear Wrote: What?!?! San Marcos is nice and brown this time of year. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to move here. It's much easier to make mummies and it's oh so close to beautiful Escondido! Where the tweakers tweak and the cops are watchful!

Yeah, we got brown too but insist they wait in front of our local Home Depot.
One time I tried to hire three illegals outside HD. They had one english speaking guy who spoke for all and he informed me they weren't willing to work for the ten dollars and hour I was offering. No shit.
(07-11-2012, 04:17 PM)Riotgear Wrote: That all depends. Do I have unlimited resources in this theoretical exercise?

Yeah..why not.
(07-11-2012, 03:57 PM)QueenBee Wrote: would you consider renouncing your citizenship in the US to save on federal taxes?

No
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-11-2012, 05:04 PM)QueenBee Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 04:17 PM)Riotgear Wrote: That all depends. Do I have unlimited resources in this theoretical exercise?

Yeah..why not.

I'd move to somewhere in the Balkans. With unlimited resources I believe I could find a fair bit of trouble to get myself into in that area of the globe.
Not for taxes maybe, but if this fucked up weather continues I could see myself creeping north while the great plains get swallowed by desert. I already like bacon, flannel and maple syrup so I'm basically half Canadian by proxy. Stupid yanks.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(07-11-2012, 06:02 PM)Donovan Wrote: Stupid yanks.

[Image: slap.gif]
Here is the thing...rich people leaving aside....we as Americans have always felt that we are the best, most prosperous, coolest country in the world. Everyone wants to come here..be it legally or not.
But are we really still all that great? We, as individuals and as a country, are in debt up to our eyeballs, record unemployment, crime, murders, etc. Now I am sure other countries have all this too..but are we really the best in the world anymore?
Too many people are just to apathetic about what is happening outside their own bubble. If it don't affect me...I don't give a shit.

Yeah...I figure I would consider moving. Not renouncing my citizenchip, but checking the water as it were.

Hibye I'm apathetic.
(07-11-2012, 06:20 PM)QueenBee Wrote: If it don't affect me...I don't give a shit.

You've just summed it up quite nicely for me. Amen to that.