DO YOU CUSS?

Do you have a favorite cuss word?

I'm actually pretty soft spoken & don't cuss much in real life but the minute I come into Mock I morph into a drunken sailor who uses cuss words as nouns, verbs & adjectives.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Not a favorite one, but there are a few that I use more often than others.
The way I talk depends on the company I'm in - at work, or when I'm in the presence of people who cringe at words stronger than 'darn' ('verflixt') and I like them enough to care, I try to control my language. Other than that, I pretty much talk the way I write in here.
never used filthy language until i became a cop. had to learn to address some people in the way they understood. i was very uncomfortable with it for a long time.

Don't mind it one bit in other people, don't like it in myself.
I enjoy a healthy debate/discussion and I think sometimes foul language detracts from it.

With that stated, some of my favorite comedians take swearing to an art form and it's throughly enjoyable.
But in real life I cringe a bit when I hear it as I mostly think the person using it is better than that and with a little more effort
could express themselves clearly and more effectively without resorting or falling back on cussing.

A convoluted answer, as a reread it, but works for me.
In RL I use so-called bad language when appropriate (with children and the elderly) but I can and do shut it off when the situation calls for it.

Online I try to use colorful language as a tool. Particularly in an argument. I pull it back as soon I notice someone else pouring it on.

My very favorite word in the english language, RL/online whatever is -

Fuck

I like writing it. I like saying it. I use it around my kids and friends. I like to think it. I'm seriously thinking about getting FUCK tattooed across my chest in 8" block letters.
Fuck no!!!

Like Duchess, infrequently IRL but regularly online.
Um, yea I do. I concider it a carachter flaw, one I have not been able to rid myself of.
(08-26-2012, 01:22 PM)Riotgear Wrote: My very favorite word in the english language, RL/online whatever is -

Fuck

Oh hell, yes. There is no German word even remotely as awesome as that.
It's the very best. Timeless.
(08-26-2012, 01:22 PM)username Wrote: Like Duchess, infrequently IRL but regularly online.

Yeah me too.

I'd probably cuss less online if ESAD wasn't such a fucking cunt.

Smiley_emoticons_razz
^
What else are those dainty pink things suppose to do?
No, not that much in RL. I tried to set a good example for my kids. Guess it may have worked, they don't seem to cuss, at least not in front of me. hah

And in Mock, I find it hard to say/write FUCK, even though it is allowed & accepted, and many in here use it frequently. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, I need to train myself to to say Fuck more fuckin easily. I'm gonna Fuckin try. Here's wishing me Fuckin Luck!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I think I may have cussed 2-3 times in front of my Mother. I try and say the same thing without having to use cuss words, usually its more effective because everyone else swears so much when they hear a good tongue lashing without swears it stiffens their ears.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Not much IRL but on here much more. I swear to myself a lot too. But not outloud.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I curse a lot around my family and friends. For example the first thing I said this morning is that goddamn dog shit all over the fucking garage again. Feel free to chime in if you have a better choice of words, OBK.

Of course I control my language if I'm in a work setting or around people that I don't know. When I had my cleaning business I worked for this couple who constantly cursed and said fuck and nigger a lot, it was really strange.
(08-27-2012, 07:49 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Not much IRL but on here much more. I swear to myself a lot too. But not outloud.

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Well now, I do that too, I don't know, does that count as cussing? It's sorta a little like if a tree falls in the forest thing . . . . . . hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(08-27-2012, 09:24 AM)sally Wrote: I curse a lot around my family and friends. For example the first thing I said this morning is that goddamn dog shit all over the fucking garage again. Feel free to chime in if you have a better choice of words, OBK.

Of course I control my language if I'm in a work setting or around people that I don't know. When I had my cleaning business I worked for this couple who constantly cursed and said fuck and nigger a lot, it was really strange.

No, you pretty much eloquently yet graphically detailed your morning.

(I would humbly suggest someone, anyone take the dog out for its morning constitutional, but that's just me- every animal owner is different.)
(08-27-2012, 10:57 AM)Carsman Wrote:
(08-27-2012, 07:49 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Not much IRL but on here much more. I swear to myself a lot too. But not outloud.

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Well now, I do that too, I don't know, does that count as cussing? It's sorta a little like if a tree falls in the forest thing . . . . . . hah

If no one hears it, no one knows. hah
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(08-27-2012, 01:12 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(08-27-2012, 10:57 AM)Carsman Wrote:

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

If no one hears it, no one knows. hah

The dog knows.
And ever so slightly red faced embarrassed*.

*And these are animals that have no problem licking their own butts.