ON OR OFF

Do you keep your outside lights on or off on Halloween?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Off.

(and then we clean the soap and/or eggs off the windows)
On. We love the trick-or-treaters!!
Halloween is a crazy night here for adults, probably the most popular holiday. I usually stay home and look forward to the trick or treaters.

Most families these days take their children to the row of neighborhood shops up the street, but I usually get 30 or 40 visits. Had a couple of close calls with little girls in long dresses nearly tripping down the narrow stairs to my door, so now I turn the outside light on and sit out near the sidewalk with the candy (and a cooler, for me).
depends on the year and the neighborhood I'm in. If I know it's a good crowd I'll set up, but mostly I don't think about it until it's too late.
On but we get very few visitors. The kids like to go to certain streets where all the houses are decorated or there's a haunted house set-up there. We're not a "cool" street.
Commando Cunt Queen
Off. I live in the historical, old money part of town. Not that I have any of that, but the kids want to go to the cookie cutter housing additions so they can score more candy, faster.
I leave them on unless we're going somewhere and I don't want the little fucks knocking on the door and driving the dogs crazy.
We don't get many visitors anyway, just the kids that live on the street and maybe the next couple of streets over.

I'm thinking about doing the baby up as Aunt Jemima or the Pope.
Are you kidding? They bus them in from the city!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
On, but we don't get any trick or treaters here. All the kids go into the town where the houses are close together.
Off, for sure. Let the little beggers get their candy somewhere else.
(09-19-2012, 09:21 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Off, for sure. Let the little beggers get their candy somewhere else.

Wow.
I didn't take you for such a bitch until now.

j/k. A few times I've left a bowl out with a request that people take just a few candies. The bowl is always empty and I know some asshole took them all.
On, but then again, we're positioned far enough away from the street that very few make the pilgrimage through a (scary) gate to our front door. if so, we reward them with full sized candy bars. None of those dinky
"fun size" for our local little hoodlums!
(09-19-2012, 09:34 PM)username Wrote: A few times I've left a bowl out with a request that people take just a few candies. The bowl is always empty and I know some asshole took them all.

I do that sometimes, but one year I was stupid and used my pretty glass bowl and someone stole it. I'm sure it was a parent that took it because if it was a kid I most likely would have found it broken on the street somewhere. A kid is not going to steal a glass bowl because they think it would make a nice fruit display on their dining room table.
On but we don't get that many trick or treaters. We live on a court and the kids mostly stay on the main streets of the neighborhood. The light goes off at 8pm or when the candy runs out. Whichever comes first.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Both. If I am working out of town my O.L. hands out candy like the Gov hands out food stamps. If I am working in town I shut off the light, close the door and the O.L. and I hit a party at the local wateringhole.
[Image: candycoupons_zpsa8175516.jpg]
ON-----but we use last year's left over candy to pass out to the car loads of kids dropped off from inner city and to those without costumes
on, i welcome the little monsters. i always have jack-o-lanterns lit that my son grew and carved, they like that.

[Image: jack003.jpg]

Lights on, after I have taken my lil one round a couple of houses. Love seeing all the little ones dressed up in their costumes. Not so much the older kids who thrown on a hockey jersey and pretend to be Datsyuk though, those bastards get one tiny chocolate bar.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.