Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
IMMIGRATION REFORM

Obama has called for a "common sense & comprehensive overhaul" of US immigration laws. What exactly does that mean? There are laws already in place, right? If laws we already have are not being enforced why would new laws make a difference?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
After reading this,...I'm listening.Usually,I immediatly turn off the TV when he shows his fucking face or dismiss anything this asshole has to say,but maybe something is getting seriously considered in a logical way now.

Obama appeared on Tuesday at Del Sol High School, which has a 54% Hispanic student body, according to U.S. News and World Report rankings.

To earn the opportunity for citizenship, Obama said undocumented immigrants must first pass a background check, learn English, pay a penalty, and then get "in the back of the line" behind people trying to come to America legally.

Immigration plan: A new era of bipartisanship or a political necessity?

Millions of undocumented immigrants would get immediate but provisional status to live and work in the United States, under the compromise plan crafted by the senate group. That outline also called for strengthening border controls, improved monitoring of visitors and cracking down on hiring undocumented workers.

Only after those steps occurred could undocumented immigrants already in the country begin the process of getting permanent residence -- green cards -- as a step toward citizenship, the senators said at a news conference on Monday
I'm curious how his plan differs from the bi-partisan plan submitted a day earlier but I'm not going to look it up on my phone.

I like some of his requirements.
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-30-2013, 06:06 PM)Misguided Wrote: maybe something is getting seriously considered in a logical way now.

I'm choosing to have hope that it is. I'd rather not feel bitchy about what he attempts to do, I WANT to be able to support my Prez.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Me too.I think this has some of those requirements from that bi-partisan plan but with him involved,I would not be surprised if he tries to cut out all the logical,common sense points and just give them a free ride.
They are on a forward moving train at this point but he can derail it easily with his meddling too much.
I would really like to see some sort of progress,at the very least,. in enforcement and border control
In my opinion we need to draw a line in the sand. Simply announce that anyone in the country at the current time no matter where they're from can stay but they must become an American citizen within seven years. The test to be administered in English. Children and spouses of American citizens will be allowed to stay provided they were here on the set date or born since.

Anyone enterring the country illegally or overstaying visas after this set date will be dealt with harshly and possibly involving prison time to earn enough money to get a plane ticket back to where they came from.

We need some law we are willing to enforce. It is unfair to have illegals do all the work and get almost none of the rewards. We need these people to put down roots or get the hell out.

Then we need to fire the LA school board for gross incompetence.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
Here is the policy.

[Image: NeverNeverLand2WebCR-4_26_13-thumb-600xauto-2970.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
So . . .

How many folks with expired Visas have been rounded-up after the Boston bombing?

Wet backs don't kill people with bombs; Muslim students, do.

Onward Christian Soldiers!
Until we can stop the flow over the border, and until we have an adequate system to track all distributed visas, any attempt at immigration reform is a joke.
(05-09-2013, 10:48 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Until we can stop the flow . . .

I've always thought this would be an excellent opportunity for the fence builders to partner with either Kotex or Tampon.

It makes more sense than GM and Manchester United.
Ma flo's lin-o-leum.
[Image: Big-Mommas-House.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.