Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DEATH AS DECOR

Are you the type to hang dead animals on your walls?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Surely you jest !!! The only thing I have or want is paw prints of my deceased dogs ! Out Vet was very thought thoughtful.
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(02-17-2013, 04:44 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Surely you jest !!!

I wish I were. I have a relative that has a "game" room, it's disgusting. I thought about it when Mr. Bone admired the rack on the deer that koko posted. I've seen bearskins on floors and walls, numerous deer heads, Marlin mounted and displayed in restaurants, etc. I call it all death decor. Dramaqueen
It's not my thing. The ex had a fish and a deer head in our family room. So I wouldn't object to a few things. His uncle has his entire family room covered in heads and skins. It's disturbing.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Does a picture of a dead animal count? Well, actually it is a now dead pet guinea pig taken a few weeks before he died.
Are you the type to wear leather boots and carry leather handbags? Because you carry dead things around with you.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Yea but my boots and handbag don't have eyes.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
What I find exceedingly creepy now is the old practice of carrying rabbit's feet around. WTF were we thinking?

No, I don't want animal heads on the walls and it kind of icks me out when I see them in restaurants. I don't need some moose head looking down on me while I'm eating my steak, thanks.
Commando Cunt Queen
(02-17-2013, 06:45 PM)Cracker Wrote: Because you carry dead things around with you.

Sometimes it's not easy being a hypocrite. *sigh* Yes, I'm the type.
(02-17-2013, 04:50 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-17-2013, 04:44 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Surely you jest !!!

I wish I were. I have a relative that has a "game" room, it's disgusting. I thought about it when Mr. Bone admired the rack on the deer that koko posted. I've seen bearskins on floors and walls, numerous deer heads, Marlin mounted and displayed in restaurants, etc. I call it all death decor. Dramaqueen

C'mon! I was making a crass anatomy joke and you completely missed it?

Inconceivable.
(02-17-2013, 08:00 PM)Jimbone Wrote: C'mon! I was making a crass anatomy joke and you completely missed it?

I got it!

...but I was inspired by it too. It made me think of taxidermy, go figure.
(02-17-2013, 08:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:
I got it!

...but I was inspired by it too. It made me think of taxidermy, go figure.

Phew! I was starting to believe that I was typing in Swahili.

How about those weird fuckers who have taxidermy done one their pets?

And now, a word from our sponsor:

(02-17-2013, 08:10 PM)Jimbone Wrote: How about those weird fuckers who have taxidermy done one their pets?

It's very odd. I've loved all of my pets but have never considered that, I wouldn't either nor would I give any thought to cloning. Oooo, another good topic.
Why yes, yes I do have deer heads hanging from the walls. BUT, only in my man cave. That is where I have all my guns, gun smithing bench, reloading bench etc. The only people that see that room are customers [ that sort of thing does not bother them] and friends/family that know they are there.

Call me rednick if yall want but I will paint you a pic. When you visit me you pull up and park in front of my house, behind my dented rusted old 2002 pickup, rusty dented old 2002 blazer and two old early 2000ish cars [yes they all run and are tagged and insured as well as driven], you then walk up the stairs to my house past my harleys parked on the front porch and knock on the door. I will then greet you at the door with a loaded gun hanging from my hip. After I let you in you may be able to talk me into seeing the dead animals I hang from the walls in a room filled with guns and ammo. LMFAO!!
Hahaha! That made me laugh too.

I would expect that at your house and wouldn't bat an eye.
(02-17-2013, 09:32 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: Why yes, yes I do have deer heads hanging from the walls. BUT, only in my man cave. That is where I have all my guns, gun smithing bench, reloading bench etc. The only people that see that room are customers [ that sort of thing does not bother them] and friends/family that know they are there.

Call me rednick if yall want but I will paint you a pic. When you visit me you pull up and park in front of my house, behind my dented rusted old 2002 pickup, rusty dented old 2002 blazer and two old early 2000ish cars [yes they all run and are tagged and insured as well as driven], you then walk up the stairs to my house past my harleys parked on the front porch and knock on the door. I will then greet you at the door with a loaded gun hanging from my hip. After I let you in you may be able to talk me into seeing the dead animals I hang from the walls in a room filled with guns and ammo. LMFAO!!

I don't judge you (or anyone else that has deer heads hanging on their walls). To each their own but it definitely doesn't appeal to me.

Still, I don't think you're some badass for killing bambie's mother/father. Harley's, guns, and dead animals don't impress me.
Commando Cunt Queen
Its not about being a bad ass or impressing anyone user. Its just my lifestyle.
There are alot of neat things a taxidermist can do.

[Image: TaxidermyHartPrizeFight.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Mounted animal heads don't bother me.

But, some taxidermy is creepy. This décor would freak me out and make me seriously question the stability of the home owner.

[Image: Funny-taxidermy-cat.jpg]

(I'm referring to the cat, not the table.)
Dead crittters don't bother me, I just never thought of them as decor for my house. I have pics of critters I have killed and eaten and that sort of thing. I never carried a rabbits foot. I do like leather goods though, have several jackets and dusters hanging in the closet and an unknown qty of boots, belts and gloves.