Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We saw your boobs....
I didn't know anything about it but my daughter just told me about the uproar around the following song Seth sang during the Oscars...

Related story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/25...ostpopular

My daughter's first reaction was the actresses named need to have a sense of humor but I'm not so sure. Generally, if they're showing their boobs, they probably (often) consider it part of their art. To have someone degrade it down to "we saw your boobs" would kind of bug me too, I think.

Thoughts?

It was interesting to see Jennifer Lawrence give a thumbs up that she hasn't shown her boobs yet. Sort of a slap to the women who have. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
We really need more boobs, whats the hangup? Its not like its a big deal or anything...........
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-28-2013, 10:01 PM)Maggot Wrote: We really need more boobs, whats the hangup? Its not like its a big deal or anything...........

But maybe some of those women showed their boobs only to tell a story. I've heard that several of them did it in the context of a rape story.

I think you're going to see fewer boobs if women revealing their bodies is made light of and women like Jennifer Lawrence slap themselves on the back because they haven't shown their boobs.
Commando Cunt Queen
If I was confident and comfortable enough to show my breasts publicly for art or to tell a story or whatever, I don't think I'd consider that mockery by Seth McFarlane anything more than mildly annoying; hopefully I'd just laugh it off.

If Jennifer Lawrence feels superior for not doing any nudity yet, good for her. But, she's young and she might have to pass on a lot of choice roles if she's not willing to do whatever the story requires (unless she develops enough clout to demand a body double).

I just don't think it was a very funny bit in any case.
It wasn't funny at all. Not because I feel sorry for the actresses who exposed their breasts for money, but because it was just stupid.
The reactions of the actresses in the skit were pre-recorded, and was part of the gag.

And Sally is right. It just wasn't that funny.
(02-28-2013, 11:34 PM)Jimbone Wrote: The reactions of the actresses in the skit were pre-recorded, and was part of the gag.

And Sally is right. It just wasn't that funny.

Oh. I didn't know about the pre-recorded part but yeah, it wasn't funny.
Commando Cunt Queen
It wasn't exactly funny, and if the reactions of the actresses were pre-recorded, it is even lamer. But even if it weren't... imo, if for any reason you show your boobs in a movie or on TV, don't get upset if people talk about it, ffs. What do they think, that people are somehow obliged to respect their sensitive feelings and not mention it just because they were displayed within an "artistic" context? Seriously, pfft.
Well yeah?

Anyway, at least we all agree it wasn't funny. If he was that bad in the rest of the show, I'm doubly glad I didn't watch it.
Commando Cunt Queen
I thought it was funny in the way most of McFarlane's stuff is funny: chuckleworthy and that's about it. He should be doing Mtv award shows. That's where his stuff plays. This bit would have been hilarious if it had been a surprise and not so obviously preplanned. Natural reaction shots and less production value. But Hollywood only likes pretend edginess.
I didn't watch the show but I heard clips of Jennifer Lawrence mocking out photoshopped pics of her and stopping an interview midsentence to order McDonalds on the red carpet. I dig that chick's humor.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.