HUMP DAY!

Humps for everyone!

One hump or two?

[Image: 05.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Hahaha good morning Duchess.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I'll take a bj.

I would like to have a lovely Hump Day. Please & thank you.
I hit the snooze button twice this morning. Another hour of sleep would have been divine. Whoa is me.
Commando Cunt Queen
Lovely hump day so far. Have heat again in the house and I have an interview for the assistant mailman position on Friday.
Good luck Clang.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(04-03-2013, 10:59 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: Lovely hump day so far. Have heat again in the house and I have an interview for the assistant mailman position on Friday.

Mailmen have assistants?
Commando Cunt Queen
(04-03-2013, 11:08 AM)username Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 10:59 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: Lovely hump day so far. Have heat again in the house and I have an interview for the assistant mailman position on Friday.

Mailmen have assistants?

They carry the bags and dogbones.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I am profoundly grateful you people are not retarded. You just don't know.
(04-03-2013, 11:04 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Good luck Clang.

Thanks!Blowing-kisses

Mailmen have assistants?

Yeah, we fill in when the regular full time mailman goes on vacation, on holidays, and anywhere else we are needed. Its a temporary non career appointment for a year, no guarantee of hours, pays $16.25/hour. The guy at the orientation says current City Carrier Assistants(thats the actual job title) are working an average of 40-55 hours a week but that they are hiring so we can most likely expect less. At the end of the year you have a 6 day break and if you work hard and efficently and pass your performance reviews, chances are good you'll be hired for another year. The orientation guy also said that people are retiring and getting promoted all the time so there is a chance that afew years down the road I can maybe get a full time mailman job with full benefits.
(04-03-2013, 11:11 AM)Maggot Wrote:

Mailmen have assistants?

They carry the bags and dogbones.

No dogbones, but they did say we get to carry dog spray.
Get the job, Clang!

That would be great for you. Income and some exercise to boot!
Commando Cunt Queen
(04-03-2013, 03:10 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: The orientation guy also said that people are retiring and getting promoted all the time so there is a chance that afew years down the road I can maybe get a full time mailman job with full benefits.

Oh, yeah.

USPS is a model of efficiency and solvency.

No worries regarding job security, no sir! hah
(04-03-2013, 03:21 PM)username Wrote: Get the job, Clang!

That would be great for you. Income and some exercise to boot!

There were only 2 other people at the orientation besides me and my brother so unless I say or do something monumentally stupid at the interview its almost gauranteed I get the job. And one the other people at the orientation( a lady fatter than me) lseemed to want a clerk job in the post office's HR department more than a carrier position. And the other non brother guy looked like a pothead.

Also glad the guy said they did away with the physical part of the interview to test whether you could lift the up to 70 pounds of mail required to do the job. Until I get in better shape, I already forsee struggling a bit with that part of the job. Not that I'll mention that at the interview.
(04-03-2013, 06:02 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 03:10 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: The orientation guy also said that people are retiring and getting promoted all the time so there is a chance that afew years down the road I can maybe get a full time mailman job with full benefits.

Oh, yeah.

USPS is a model of efficiency and solvency.

No worries regarding job security, no sir! hah

I'm not a total idiot. Even if/when I get this job, I plan on keeping myself open to job opportunties with more permanance and job stability/security.
(04-03-2013, 06:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: unless I say or do something monumentally stupid at the interview its almost gauranteed I get the job.

Hey! That's wonderful to read, Clang. Good luck Friday, I hope you come back & tell us you got it. Odd as it may seem, some of us are rootin' for you.
(04-03-2013, 06:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 06:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: unless I say or do something monumentally stupid at the interview its almost gauranteed I get the job.

Hey! That's wonderful to read, Clang. Good luck Friday, I hope you come back & tell us you got it. Odd as it may seem, some of us are rootin' for you.

Thanks! I wish it was 100% sure thing that I'd get the job. Then I wouldn't have to check out the job fair over in Bennington, VT tommorrow.
Interview went well today. Bunch of situational questions about dealing with conflict, deadlines, making mistakes, time when you when above and beyond your job duties, etc. As well as icebreaker questions like Tell us about yourself and do you enjoy the outdoors, hobbies, etc. I think I answered the questions fairly well today. Maybe I shouldn't have listed watching TV and surfing the internet as indoor activities I enjoy. Though I did also mention reading. I think I covered my 4 employment gaps pretty well also. I explained I was job searching as well as taking care of my sick mother and also doing volunteer work with the Franciscans and the Food pantry. Will hear if I got the job sometime next week.