Mock
NFL 2012 SEASON - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2012 SEASON (/thread-8120.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Midwest Spy - 09-17-2012

(09-17-2012, 12:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Did anyone see the guy from Washington throw the football at the other player like a little kid having a fit? Hahaha. He was pissed & frustrated, I think it probably cost them the game.

I have one day to be smug & gloat, I'm going to take advantage of it.

That was pretty funny, and it DID cost them the game. Pushed their potential tying FG try from 47 to 62 yards.

Mike Shanahan, the Skins' coach, will try to find a way to cut that guy this week. I guarantee it.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 09-17-2012

The NFL needs to get their act together & give those guys what they want. They can afford it. I don't like that games are depending on guys that are not NFL professionals. Roger Goodell swears that precautions are in place to prevent wrong calls. Pfft.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Midwest Spy - 09-17-2012

I like what Gooddell has done for the most part concerning players and their personal conduct.

I don't like what they're doing with the officials though.

Season Record ATS: 14-15-2

Tonight's game, I'll take:

Denver (+3)

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - HairOfTheDog - 09-18-2012

(09-17-2012, 01:33 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Tonight's game, I'll take:

Denver (+3)

Bummer, MS. I was hoping Denver would pan out for you, but you did get the last game.

(I think SF is going all the way to win the Superbowl championship this year - might even bet on it. Smiley_emoticons_smile )

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 09-18-2012

Peyton threw three interceptions in the first few minutes.

I cringe when I see him on the field. I don't want to see him be badly hurt, I don't want to witness that. The Onion had a story about it awhile ago but I choose not to post it, even though it's how I feel it was very graphic, even for Mock, but I think I'm going to go find it & post anyway.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 09-18-2012

Here it is...courtesy of The Onion.

ENGLEWOOD, CO— Speaking to reporters from Broncos training camp, quarterback Peyton Manning confirmed Thursday that the exciting new Manning era in Denver will be immortalized with the breaking of his neck. "It might not be this season, it might not even be next season, but at some point during my time as a Denver Bronco, my neck will splinter into pieces," said the four-time MVP, adding that after multiple surgeries and a spinal fusion to repair significant nerve damage, his neck was "practically waiting to be snapped in half." "You're all going to watch it happen, too. It will be disgusting and incredibly, incredibly painful, and you’ll probably see a million replays of it afterward. There's a really good chance it will be a compound fracture and the bones will be bent at a 90-degree angle and jutting out of my throat." As of press time, Manning had been secured to a stretcher and carefully loaded into an ambulance after shattering four intervertebral disks and severing his cervical spinal nerve while attempting to remove his jersey.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - FAHQTOO - 09-18-2012

(09-18-2012, 03:48 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Here it is...courtesy of The Onion.

ENGLEWOOD, CO— Speaking to reporters from Broncos training camp, quarterback Peyton Manning confirmed Thursday that the exciting new Manning era in Denver will be immortalized with the breaking of his neck. "It might not be this season, it might not even be next season, but at some point during my time as a Denver Bronco, my neck will splinter into pieces," said the four-time MVP, adding that after multiple surgeries and a spinal fusion to repair significant nerve damage, his neck was "practically waiting to be snapped in half." "You're all going to watch it happen, too. It will be disgusting and incredibly, incredibly painful, and you’ll probably see a million replays of it afterward. There's a really good chance it will be a compound fracture and the bones will be bent at a 90-degree angle and jutting out of my throat." As of press time, Manning had been secured to a stretcher and carefully loaded into an ambulance after shattering four intervertebral disks and severing his cervical spinal nerve while attempting to remove his jersey.

Seriously...it's only a matter of time, and I don't think he will make it through 2 seasons.

On a lighter note. The Colts are doing awesome this season for being a brand new team. Comparing stat numbers between Manning in his first season and Luck...Lucks numbers are a wee bit higher. He's going to be just as good, if not better than Manning when it's all said and done.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - username - 09-18-2012

Whoa!!! WTF is he playing???

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Midwest Spy - 09-18-2012

(09-18-2012, 04:02 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Comparing stat numbers between Manning in his first season and Luck...Lucks numbers are a wee bit higher. He's going to be just as good, if not better than Manning when it's all said and done.

FQ2, while I appreciate your enthusiam, I think you're a little caught up in the euphoria of the Colts beating a very shitty Vikings club over the weekend.

You realize Peyton has won the MVP 4 times right? That's more than ANYONE else. Period.

I'm not even a Manning fan, but holy shit, let's see Luck get a couple years under his belt, and see what conclusions we can draw.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - FAHQTOO - 09-18-2012

(09-18-2012, 04:12 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(09-18-2012, 04:02 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Comparing stat numbers between Manning in his first season and Luck...Lucks numbers are a wee bit higher. He's going to be just as good, if not better than Manning when it's all said and done.

FQ2, while I appreciate your enthusiam, I think you're a little caught up in the euphoria of the Colts beating a very shitty Vikings club over the weekend.

You realize Peyton has won the MVP 4 times right? That's more than ANYONE else. Period.

I'm not even a Manning fan, but holy shit, let's see Luck get a couple years under his belt, and see what conclusions we can draw.

Fuck off and quit raining on my parade. Including the 2 games they won in the preseason, they already have a better year than all of last year with the old players...minus Manning of course. Apparently, you male chauvinist pig, you have a problem with women commenting on Football. I'm excited for our new team...and you can kiss my ass. I'm predicting what I think will happen in the years to come...it's not like I have a fucking crystal ball, it's my OPINION only, so lighten the fuck up!!

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Midwest Spy - 09-18-2012

(09-18-2012, 04:25 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(09-18-2012, 04:12 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

Fuck off and quit raining on my parade. Including the 2 games they won in the preseason, they already have a better year than all of last year with the old players...minus Manning of course. Apparently, you male chauvinist pig, you have a problem with women commenting on Football. I'm excited for our new team...and you can kiss my ass. I'm predicting what I think will happen in the years to come...it's not like I have a fucking crystal ball, it's my OPINION only, so lighten the fuck up!!

I have a problem with women commenting on football?

Might want to go back and re-read the thread in its entirety, you fucking looney-tune!

Glad to see you're also excited about pre-season results, we all know those are an excellent predictor of things to come.

Moron.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 09-19-2012

MS, when are you going to make your picks for Sunday's games? It's already midweek & want to know what you think about the Cardinals.

User, this weeks power rankings are out & your 49'ers are sittin' at the top.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - username - 09-19-2012

(09-19-2012, 03:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:

MS, when are you going to make your picks for Sunday's games? It's already midweek & want to know what you think about the Cardinals.

User, this weeks power rankings are out & your 49'ers are sittin' at the top.

Last season was so fun. It's been a looong time.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 09-19-2012

I love this stuff, I really don't know why, whenever Sunday afternoon rolls around I'm ready to be fitted for a straightjacket.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - HairOfTheDog - 09-19-2012

(09-19-2012, 03:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I love this stuff, I really don't know why, whenever Sunday afternoon rolls around I'm ready to be fitted for a straightjacket.

I get it, Duchess. I used to look forward to every single NBA game, knew all of the players and stats...when I lived near my family and friends in Southern California. Still love to watch as many games as I can, but it's the most fun when you've got other die hard fans right there and everyone's totally invested.

My friends here are more into baseball and football. They're excited and really expect the 49ers to take it all this season. I knew it had been a long time since we won the SuperBowl, but didn't realize til I looked it up that it's been 17 years.

49er Championships:
•Super Bowl XVI (1-24-82) -- San Francisco 26, Cincinnati Bengals 21.
•Super Bowl XIX (1-20-85) -- San Francisco 38, Miami Dolphins 16.
•Super Bowl XXIII (1-22-89) -- San Francisco 20, Cincinnati 16.
•Super Bowl XXIV (1-28-90) -- San Francisco 55, Denver Broncos 10.
•Super Bowl XXIX (1-29-95) -- San Francisco 49, San Diego Chargers 26.

Hope it happens again this season...

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 09-20-2012

MS, it's the Giants against the Panthers tonight. Who do you see winning? I'm keeping an eye on my division so this matters to me.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - ramseycat - 09-20-2012

I will have to root for the Giants even though I am not really a fan.
I just have no stake in the Panthers.

(09-20-2012, 01:08 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I will have to root for the Giants

Take that back right now! 16

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Clang McFly - 09-20-2012

(09-20-2012, 01:08 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I will have to root for the Giants even though I am not really a fan.
I just have no stake in the Panthers.

I'm rooting for the Giants as well.

Fuck the Giants. Rawr!