Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Steubenville, OH Gang Rape Case
(03-22-2013, 04:29 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 03:58 PM)DMP Wrote: That you would come to if you were being penetrated, no matter how messed up you were?

When they dosed me with Versed before popping my arm back into its socket, I was quoting lines from "Borat", mumbling about "making romance hand" and "sexy time".

When I came to, my brothers and the medical staff were still laughing and drying their eyes.

Don't remember a thing and never felt a thing.

BTW - I spit my coffee out when I read "making romance hand". Those must be fun stories for medical staff to relay to each other.
"My thing is this; if I'm sick enough to think it, then I'm sick enough to say it."

"The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed."

Eminem
I can't verify the validity of this but it was interesting. If you want to read the rest of the article, this person talks about being "roofied". Certainly sounds like that might have been the case with this victim.

Police might be astounded to learn (and sadly, I’m not being sarcastic) that while it used to be hard to test for roofies after 72 hours, there are “new” (2003) studies (prepared for the U.S. Department of Justice) that show you can detect roofies by testing the hair and urine of the victim for up to a month after the assault:

1) “Micro-plate enzyme immunoassay method allows to detect flunitrazepam and related compounds in urine at least up to 5 days after administration of a single dose of Rohypnol® (like in drug-facilitated sexual assault scenarios).”

2) Application of solid-phase extraction and highly sensitive gas chromatography – mass spectrometry with negative ion monitoring chemical ionization allows to detect 7- aminoflunitrazepam, flunitrazepam major metabolite, in urine 14 days after administration of a single dose of Rohypnol®.

3) The concentrations of 7-aminoflunitrazepam in hair are much higher than concentrations of the parent drug, flunitrazepam. The metabolite remains in hair for at least one month after administration of a single dose of Rohypnol®.

4) The new technology allows to detect the other compounds such as diazepam, alprazolam, triazolam, and ketamine in hair in very low concentrations.

Since Jane Doe came in three days after the assault, we should be all good here.

But we know better. The real secret? Rape tests and roofie tests are expensive and often sent out of state for testing. There’s confusion about what can be tested and how. It’s not just Stuebenville. Even when the initial rape kit is done, it often sits unprocessed.

http://www.politicususa.com/tips-woman-s...-dept.html
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-23-2013, 01:28 PM)username Wrote: I can't verify the validity of this but it was interesting. If you want to read the rest of the article, this person talks about being "roofied". Certainly sounds like that might have been the case with this victim.

Police might be astounded to learn (and sadly, I’m not being sarcastic) that while it used to be hard to test for roofies after 72 hours, there are “new” (2003) studies (prepared for the U.S. Department of Justice) that show you can detect roofies by testing the hair and urine of the victim for up to a month after the assault:

1) “Micro-plate enzyme immunoassay method allows to detect flunitrazepam and related compounds in urine at least up to 5 days after administration of a single dose of Rohypnol® (like in drug-facilitated sexual assault scenarios).”

2) Application of solid-phase extraction and highly sensitive gas chromatography – mass spectrometry with negative ion monitoring chemical ionization allows to detect 7- aminoflunitrazepam, flunitrazepam major metabolite, in urine 14 days after administration of a single dose of Rohypnol®.

3) The concentrations of 7-aminoflunitrazepam in hair are much higher than concentrations of the parent drug, flunitrazepam. The metabolite remains in hair for at least one month after administration of a single dose of Rohypnol®.

4) The new technology allows to detect the other compounds such as diazepam, alprazolam, triazolam, and ketamine in hair in very low concentrations.

Since Jane Doe came in three days after the assault, we should be all good here.

But we know better. The real secret? Rape tests and roofie tests are expensive and often sent out of state for testing. There’s confusion about what can be tested and how. It’s not just Stuebenville. Even when the initial rape kit is done, it often sits unprocessed.

U hit it on the head user ..... cost. Very interesting read though.
"My thing is this; if I'm sick enough to think it, then I'm sick enough to say it."

"The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed."

Eminem
(03-23-2013, 05:23 PM)DMP Wrote:
(03-23-2013, 01:28 PM)username Wrote: I can't verify the validity of this but it was interesting. If you want to read the rest of the article, this person talks about being "roofied". Certainly sounds like that might have been the case with this victim.

U hit it on the head user ..... cost. Very interesting read though.

Thanks! for posting the article username. it certainly was an interesting read!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
I've been following this story for a couple of days Steubenville, Ohio has been mentioned in various articles, it's another ugly ordeal for rape victims and possibly Connecticut, Attorney General may have to step in there. I'll post a couple of links to the newspaper "The Register Citizen" by the way, I think the reporters and staff are doing a great job at this paper! Damn, citizens have the right to know what is going on in their town and at their schools. I've another link where there are tweets and Anonymous has gotten involved. It's a similar story that those in power do little or nothing, rape gets a pass. Steubenville, Ohio was the tip of the iceberg.

FAQ: What we know about the Torrington rape victim bullying case
Published: Sunday, March 24, 2013
By Register Citizen Staff

Torrington, Connecticut, has made national news over allegations of rape against Torrington High School football players and the subsequent bullying of the two 13-year-old victims in the case. The case has drawn comparisons to another infamous small town football player rape case, in Steubenville, Ohio, that made national news. The Register Citizen compiled a "Frequently Asked Questions" summary of the case. Here's what we know so far:
http://www.registercitizen.com/articles/...420522.txt

Nation reacts to alleged Torrington sex assault case on Twitter, Anonymous starts #OpRaider
Published: Wednesday, March 20, 2013

http://www.registercitizen.com/articles/...298150.txt
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
HLN is reporting that despite the petitions to have the Steubenville coach charged and/or fired, his contract has just been extended for 2 years.
(04-23-2013, 12:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: his contract has just been extended for 2 years.

Smiley_emoticons_slash The school cares more about sports rather than integrity.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-23-2013, 01:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 12:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: his contract has just been extended for 2 years.

Smiley_emoticons_slash The school cares more about sports rather than integrity.
The Grand Jury is now looking into allegations pertaining to the coach's actions (and lack thereof), as well as many other adults who may have participated in a cover-up or failed to report.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A grand jury on Tuesday began investigating whether other laws were broken in the case of a 16-year-old girl raped by two high school football players during an alcohol-fueled party last summer.

Text messages introduced at trial indicated that Saccoccia may have known about the rape allegation but didn't report it. If true, that would violate Ohio law requiring coaches and others to report suspected abuse. Saccoccia has declined to comment and the school board has declined to make him available. Earlier, Saccoccia was granted a new two-year administrative contract with Steubenville High School.

The grand jury, which meets in secret, will convene three to four days a week and hear from dozens of witnesses...

More here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...legations/
I hope they do the right thing & nail them all to the wall. Silence is just as bad as the doing.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
What's next for the convicted juvenile rapists?

(CBS/AP) COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two Steubenville, Ohio high school football players convicted of raping a 16-year-old girl last year will be classified as sex offenders at a hearing next week.

[Image: AP13031314895_244x183.jpg]

The June 14 hearing by Judge Thomas Lipps at Jefferson County Juvenile Court in eastern Ohio is a possible first step for the two teens to be transferred from a state juvenile detention center to a facility that works with sex offenders.

Lipps must place the teens in one of three sex offender levels, with the strictest requiring reporting every three months for life and the most lenient requiring annual reporting for 10 years. Unlike adult sex offenders, however, the teens' names won't be included on publicly accessible websites. And the teens can request to be removed later based on their history of rehabilitation.

Lipps sentenced Trent Mays, 17, and Ma'Lik Richmond, 16, to time in the juvenile detention system in March. He convicted them of raping the West Virginia girl after an August party celebrating a successful football team scrimmage. Richmond was sentenced to at least one year for raping the girl, while Mays was sentenced to at least two for raping her and taking a picture of the underage girl naked.

Full story here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...offenders/
One and two year sentences for underage gang rape?! That seems incredibly lenient to me.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(06-07-2013, 06:49 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: That seems incredibly lenient to me.

It is! I've never heard of anyone getting a one year sentence for rape! Jesus Christ.
Wow.
Commando Cunt Queen
How does violence against women ever change if they are handed out these paltry sentences?

They should be treated like adults.

Once a sex offender, always a sex offender IMO
Henry David Thoreau
(06-07-2013, 04:32 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Once a sex offender, always a sex offender IMO

Agreed.

Anyone willing to rape an unconcious underage girl and boast about it is someone who needs to be watched for life.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

If this guy is convicted for the role he played in "outing" the rapists, he will do more time in the slammer than they will do for their crime.

A 26-year-old Kentucky man has revealed that his home was the subject of an aggressive raid by a group of FBI agents last month in connection with an Anonymous hack that helped publicize key social media events in the Steubenville rape case.

Deric Lostutter, also known by his screen name KYAnonymous, told The Huffington Post over the phone that on April 15, FBI agents raided the Winchester, Ky., house he shares with his girlfriend and brother and that he was told he could face jail time if he let the story get out.

Story
That's fucked up.
Commando Cunt Queen
"Cover-up" arrest; will there be more?

"This is the first indictment in an ongoing grand jury investigation,"(Ohio Attorney General) DeWine said in a prepared statement. "Our goal remains to uncover the truth, and our investigation continues."

[Image: 131008085157-steubenville-rape-case-harl...ry-top.jpg]

William Rhinaman, 53, (pictured above) director of technology at Steubenville High School, faces four counts: tampering with evidence, obstructing justice, obstructing official business and perjury in connection with the case.

If convicted, he could face four years behind bars, more time than the two convicted boys will serve.

Details of the indictment, including what kind of evidence was allegedly tampered with, were not immediately available.

Full story:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/08/justice/oh...?hpt=ju_c2

Wonderful example to set for the students. Fucker.
(10-08-2013, 11:12 AM)Duchess Wrote: Wonderful example to set for the students. Fucker.

He was only the beginning.

Today, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced the indictments of four more adults.

-Steubenville Schools Superintendent Mike McVey is charged with obstructing official business, obstruction of justice and falsification;

-Matthew Bellardine, Steubenville High School's assistant football coach, is charged with allowing underage drinking, obstructing official business and making false statements;

-Seth Fluharty, a wrestling coach and teacher at Steubenville High School, is charged with failure to report child abuse;

-Lynette Gorman, the principal of Pugliese Elementary, is also charged with failure to report child abuse

“What happened here is not unique to Steubenville,” said DeWine. “This started out being about the kids. It is also just as much about the parents, the grown-ups, the adults. How do you hold kids accountable if you don’t hold adults responsible?”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/steubenville...-indicted/