Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
(04-25-2016, 03:19 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Charles Barkley is pushing to have have the 20I7 NBA All-Star game moved from Charlotte. Paypal cancelled it's expansion plan in Charlotte and 150,000 people have signed a petition to governor McCrory to repeal the law. I don't how much revenue is being lost, but imagine it's more than just a drop in the bucket.

Anyway, a repeal bill has been drafted in the state congress, but it's not expected to pass.

Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nort...12d5ff2747

North Carolina, Mississippi, Minnesota, have passed or are entertaining bills restricting usage to one's 'birth gender'. Target is headquartered in Minnesota. I congratulate them for taking a stand in support of the LGBT community.

[Image: 4-25-2016%205-25-16%20PM.jpg]
Well, I was way off figuring that Trump had peaked a few weeks back.

He's hit 50% support for the first time, according to an NBC poll. http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...me-n562061

Over the weekend, Cruz and Kasich agreed not to campaign in certain states so that the other could get more of the vote and limit the number of delegates Trump wins. I thought Kasich seemed really weird and defensive about it when I saw him interviewed by Anderson Cooper yesterday.

Polls show Trump winning all five states today: Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
Will the Bernie bots vote for Hillary? As trump becomes the clear frontrunner in the GOP elections unity may come for them. When and if he gets the golden ticket. 50% of republicans are backing him as of todays polls (for what they're worth) With Hillary and Bernie and the divisions in the democratic party I don't see 50% backing for the frontrunner yet. Time will tell.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-26-2016, 01:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I thought Kasich seemed really weird and defensive about it when I saw him interviewed by Anderson Cooper yesterday.
He was also very defensive when asked by a reporter if he was desperate as Trump alleged. I'm starting to get a really weird vibe from Kasich.
I love it when the ones calling everyone else un-hinged become the ones that truly are.
All of the Republicans have called the others unhinged, and worse! Smiley_emoticons_smile

There is something a little weird about Kasich, but he's still my choice on the Republican side due to his experience, general demeanor, and the fact that he's not catering to extremists and anger.

I think Kasich possibly sees his 'savior at the convention' strategy looking less and less likely and it's showing. Campaigning costs a lot of money and he can't be sure Trump won't get to 1,237 and avoid a contested convention, or that the RNC will drop the requirement of 8 states won to be on the convention ballot. There's no way Kasich is going to win 7 more states.

On the Dem side, I think Bernie will support Hillary if he loses the nomination. Will he do everything in his power to get his young and Independent die-hard supporters to the polls to vote for her in the general? I don't know, but she really needs him to put forth that effort to promote voter turn out, in my opinion.
(04-26-2016, 02:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: All of the Republicans have called the others unhinged, and worse! Smiley_emoticons_smile

There is something a little weird about Kasich, but he's still my choice on the Republican side due to his experience, general demeanor, and the fact that he's not catering to extremists and anger.

I think Kasich possibly sees his 'savior at the convention' strategy looking less and less likely and it's showing. Campaigning costs a lot of money and he can't be sure Trump won't get to 1,237 and avoid a contested convention, or that the RNC will drop the requirement of 8 states won to be on the convention ballot. There's no way Kasich is going to win 7 more states.
The clip is in this:

I
"I'm not desperate are you desperate?" Isn't that like a twist on "I know you are but what am I?"
Don't matter. Hillary got this. To the satisfying echo of a million angry trumpetheads' forehead veins all exploding in unison with a soft "pop-pop-pop" noise.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(04-26-2016, 02:32 PM)Donovan Wrote: To the satisfying echo of a million angry trumpetheads' forehead veins all exploding in unison with a soft "pop-pop-pop" noise.

*applauds*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Just like her hemorrhoids.
hah I don't usually stoop to name calling but that made me laugh. The Bernie bots and the Hillary's lies matter crowd will no doubt become un-hinged more so than they seem to be now. But there is still an entire summer of fun back and forth for all the boys and girls. Plenty to go around. The trumpets are sure getting louder though.

I'm hoping for a contested convention. I think it would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

On occasion I've agreed with Trump and I did so again recently when I heard him say that if he were to lose, he would simply disappear. There would be no press conference or platitudes given to the winner. I like that idea, probably because I'm a sore loser. Who the hell wants to make nice after a beatdown. Ugh.

...because I like to watch the news that fucker is in my house everyday.
Its like game of thrones in a frat house with only one bathroom.
(04-26-2016, 04:27 PM)Maggot Wrote: hah I don't usually stoop to name calling but that made me laugh. The Bernie bots and the Hillary's lies matter crowd will no doubt become un-hinged more so than they seem to be now. But there is still an entire summer of fun back and forth for all the boys and girls. Plenty to go around. The trumpets are sure getting louder though.

Trump's record of bullshit as fact checked by politifact.com

Hillary's record, same source.

As we can plainly see, Trump's record of false or pure bullshit statements is around 75% with only 3% coming down as total truth. Ouch. Whereas Hillary's recorded statements register as fully 50% totally or nearly total truth, with another 25% falling in the mainly true category with embellishment or bias.

So essentially, either Trump is the real liar here, or Hillary is about a thousand times better at it than him or any other human being on the planet. Since the latter seems unlikely, I'll go with the most obvious answer: Trump is a lying asshole. And Hillary ain't.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Of coarse they say that:

We received a grant from the Democracy Fund that has assisted us in expanding to new states. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has supported the PolitiFact Global News Service, which fact-checks claims about health and global development. The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation has supported our efforts to fact-check political content on the publishing platform Medium.

For our PunditFact project -- which fact-checks talking heads and opinion leaders -- we have received grants from the Ford Foundation and the Democracy Fund. Seed money for the project was provided by craigconnects.

[Image: Overkill.gif]

[Image: 3390A6F900000578-3560520-image-a-2_1461745430696.jpg]
Donald and Melania Trump walking the red carpet at the Time 100 the other night.

[Image: th?id=HS.215925863157&pid=15.1&H=86&W=160&P=0]

Don't they make a good couple.

She's lovely. He's a fuckface.
Trump won all 5 states yesterday, and Clinton won 4 of 5.

In his victory speech, Trump claimed himself the presumptive winner of the Republican nomination. He also claimed that the only thing Clinton has going for her is that she's a woman, but women don't even like her. He said if she was a man, she wouldn't even have 5% of the vote -- Trump be trollin'.

In reality, Donald Trump is more disliked by women overall than Hillary Clinton, according to all favorability polls. She's gotten more of the total female Democratic vote than he has of the total female Republican vote, though she doesn't have majority support of young Democratic and Independent women (or men). Plus, Clinton has the majority support among black, Hispanic, and Democratic senior voters (men and women).

I don't think Hillary Clinton's gender has much to do with why she's pulled in more primary votes than any other candidate. And, I don't think Donald Trump would be any more popular with minorities and women if he were a woman saying the things he says.
I was trying to find how many actual votes each one got so far. I didn't succeed.