Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NFL 2016
Because it's never too early to start talking about it, and I didn't want to clutter the Superbowl thread. Heard some interesting stuff on the musical coaches front today, namely that Chip Kelley had approached San Francisco about their head coaching job and that John Gruden was hot for the Eagles gig. The Eagles shot that last one down but that doesn't mean it wasn't real. Meanwhile, Mike Shanahan is talking to EVERY body except the Redskins lol. He hit up both Miami and SanFran, seems like he wants back in badly.

So Duchess, who do you want to see in there? Gruden? Mike Shiny-Tan? Reid 2.0? Lovey Smith maybe? Tampa broke him off a bit prematurely I think. He'll have a job in five minutes.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Not Gruden! When the rumor regarding Sean Peyton was floating around I got a little excited but that's mostly because I knew of his success with the Saints. I don't know enough about this kind of thing to even offer a guess. For a little bit I thought about Pat Shurmur but the fact he had already failed at that position gave me pause. I like his connection to Sam and I want to keep Sam.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The pack need to recruit well in the draft this year. Rodgers needs some talent that can get themselves in the open and catch a fucking ball.
(01-09-2016, 05:48 AM)crash Wrote: The pack need to recruit well in the draft this year. Rodgers needs some talent that can get themselves in the open and catch a fucking ball.

You aint kidding! Rodgers is a great QB.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Eagles have asked permission to interview Tom Coughlin.

Wooooo. The enemy.
[Image: fvMt694.png]
That Seattle/Minnesota game was freaking great!!! And my pizza isn't even here yet!!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Rex Ryan hired his brother Rob to be an assistant head coach for the Bill's defense.
(01-08-2016, 08:10 PM)Donovan Wrote: Because it's never too early to start talking about it, and I didn't want to clutter the Superbowl thread. Heard some interesting stuff on the musical coaches front today, namely that Chip Kelley had approached San Francisco about their head coaching job and that John Gruden was hot for the Eagles gig. The Eagles shot that last one down but that doesn't mean it wasn't real. Meanwhile, Mike Shanahan is talking to EVERY body except the Redskins lol. He hit up both Miami and SanFran, seems like he wants back in badly.

So Duchess, who do you want to see in there? Gruden? Mike Shiny-Tan? Reid 2.0? Lovey Smith maybe? Tampa broke him off a bit prematurely I think. He'll have a job in five minutes.
Lovey would make a great DC, and the Shanahan's would be welcome IMO. I don't believe it was management that shot down Gruden, I think it was more Gruden not wanting to coach in the same division as his brother.
(01-09-2016, 05:48 AM)crash Wrote: The pack need to recruit well in the draft this year. Rodgers needs some talent that can get themselves in the open and catch a fucking ball.
I think they have that talent on their roster already bub. They just need to stay healthy.

I need a coach that will get me to the promised land! C'mon! I'm aging here! Taz
(01-11-2016, 09:00 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Rex Ryan hired his brother Rob to be an assistant head coach for the Bill's defense.
That was a great move by Rex. They're basically the same person defensively.
Buffalo is going nuts. Half are screaming for both Ryan's heads, the other half want that NFL show about training camp to come to Buffalo next year.

Eta "hard knocks". Can't believe I blanked the name lol
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(01-11-2016, 07:03 PM)Donovan Wrote: Buffalo is going nuts. Half are screaming for both Ryan's heads, the other half want that NFL show about training camp to come to Buffalo next year.

Eta "hard knocks". Can't believe I blanked the name lol
I think Rob is an awesome DC. He's just been unlucky with what he's inherited over the past few seasons. He saw both the cowballs and Saints defenses at their lowest talent levels in decades.

When are we going to get a coach?! I feel like we are running out of time. I'm concerned Sam is going to get a better offer from another team and now I'm hearing talk of getting rid of Jason Peters in order to free up some cap space. Who the hell do we have that can do what he can do? Nobody! Panic

Stay away from the sports pages, Duchess.
(01-12-2016, 07:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:

When are we going to get a coach?! I feel like we are running out of time. I'm concerned Sam is going to get a better offer from another team and now I'm hearing talk of getting rid of Jason Peters in order to free up some cap space. Who the hell do we have that can do what he can do? Nobody! Panic

Stay away from the sports pages, Duchess.
The season isn't even over yet Duchess. hah
(01-13-2016, 11:40 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: The season isn't even over yet Duchess. hah

I know! I know! I'm a nutjob :(
(01-13-2016, 11:43 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 11:40 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: The season isn't even over yet Duchess. hah

hahBlowing-kisses
(01-13-2016, 12:09 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 11:43 AM)Duchess Wrote:

hahBlowing-kisses

Nutjob, huh? Maybe YOU could coach the Eagles.