Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Thank you LC, just wanted to see your expert opinion.. Also I do believe more and more that TW was at least the getaway driver, at the very least, IMO.. She picked the perps up from Longacre, it was a smokescreen when she said I went to check on JC/LS..IMO.
(08-25-2011, 06:45 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: someone told the thugs that Lisa's parents had a safe and would be away.

That narrows the list of candidates.

absolutely not.. I do not think JC was "in" on the take.. It would have been a lot eaiser to just stage a robbery/burglary at the Longacre home while LS was at work..This way he could keep all the cash/gold or whatever was in the "safe" and no witness' this way also.. A lot less risky and potentially lethal as well, that is , not having others help on such a easy task.. All IMO.
(08-25-2011, 06:54 PM)Sonny223 Wrote: absolutely not.. I do not think JC was "in" on the take.. It would have been a lot eaiser to just stage a robbery/burglary at the Longacre home while LS was at work..This way he could keep all the cash/gold or whatever was in the "safe" and no witness' this way also.. A lot less risky and potentially lethal as well, that is , not having others help on such a easy task.. All IMO.

Except for the fact he had:

1.) Access

2.) Prior conviction for robbery

You really don't think LE would consider him a suspect in an anonymous "break in" and theft?

He'd need a strong alibi.

And let's not forget -

3.) Knowledge

(08-25-2011, 06:54 PM)Sonny223 Wrote: absolutely not.. I do not think JC was "in" on the take.. It would have been a lot eaiser to just stage a robbery/burglary at the Longacre home while LS was at work..This way he could keep all the cash/gold or whatever was in the "safe" and no witness' this way also.. A lot less risky and potentially lethal as well, that is , not having others help on such a easy task.. All IMO.

he may not have been complicit in the planned burglary/robbery. but he might have shot his mouth off around the wrong people about the so-called safe and the parents being away on a cruise. he was very young and not all that sophisticated for an ex-con. Blah-blah-0006

(08-25-2011, 06:36 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i do think they brought the tape (see an earlier post).
i think they waited for them to get home to open the "safe" they thought was there.
i think they jumped them, came in through garage right after kids got there.
those are educated guesses Sonny, based on experience.

LC I totally agree with your thoughts. I think they waited, came prepared to control their victims (hence the duct tape) and then .....something went terribly wrong.
[Image: spiderman.png]
Now that LC, I totally agree with, also IMO, he owed someone money too from what the talk on the streets is like 300 hundred dollars and some weed, now this is street talk.. Scales and baggies at the crime scene means he was prob IMO, dealing something.. Which was weed from the talk on the streets. Also heard the perps took some weed that he had that night, and his money.
imagine dying over a lousy $300. and some weed? no, i think it was what the thugs thought they would score in a safe.

(08-25-2011, 07:16 PM)Sonny223 Wrote: Scales and baggies at the crime scene

LC -- I know I am a late joiner so please bear with me --- I don't recall reading or hearing on TV reports that scales and baggies were at the crime scene. Has that been confirmed??

(08-25-2011, 07:16 PM)Sonny223 Wrote: Also heard the perps took some weed that he had that night, and his money.

Then why kill him?

Rob him, beat the living shit out of him but DON'T kill him!

What's he gonna do? Call the cops and report he was robbed of his weed and money?

From what has been posted . . . cop snitching is a street justice "death sentence" in Toledo.

And yet, not one report of bruising from a beating or defensive wounds.

Why so compliant?
(08-25-2011, 07:20 PM)Realistic Wrote:
(08-25-2011, 07:16 PM)Sonny223 Wrote: Scales and baggies at the crime scene

LC -- I know I am a late joiner so please bear with me --- I don't recall reading or hearing on TV reports that scales and baggies were at the crime scene. Has that been confirmed??

i honestly don't know if that story came from LE or word on the street. but i do remember mention of scales and corners of baggies being found at scene. i can't swear to origin of that.

(08-25-2011, 07:21 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Why so compliant?

Damn Blue Tiki ----- good question. LC -- didn't I read they weren't "drugged"? What would possess someone to be compliant like that?
(08-25-2011, 07:24 PM)Realistic Wrote:
(08-25-2011, 07:21 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Why so compliant?

Damn Blue Tiki ----- good question. LC -- didn't I read they weren't "drugged"? What would possess someone to be compliant like that?

not believing they were about to die? him trying to protect her? and who says he was compliant? he was overcome.

(08-25-2011, 07:26 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: not believing they were about to die? him trying to protect her? and who says he was compliant? he was overcome.

When they start taping me to a chair, Ima gonna resist. And if I'm afraid to resist, then I'm thinking I'm gonna die.

If I'm thinking I'm gonna die, then I go balls-out trying to live and they would have found all kinds of defensive wounds on my body.

Along with bruising from a beating, trying to subdue me.

I remember seeing that picture of JC in his coffin that was posted on some site. His face looked a little "irregular". I know autopsies can sometimes do that, or was there some type of trauma to his face. Unless that is due to the bag being placed over the head.

If there are no defensive wounds I would think that another weapon was used to "control" the victim and make him more compliant. It is possible that the threat of a gun was used or a knife. Or -- he knew the assailants and, as LC stated, he didn't think he was going to die. Got a feeling Lisa would fight.
Older Than Dirt, Have a great day!!!

:happy birthday:

Dancingparty

Love3

:partee:

. . . do you think that JC had nothing to do with this robbery?

someone told the thugs that Lisa's parents had a safe and would be away.

I had always known that someone somewhere along the line, the thugs heard about Lisa's parents being out of town, the safe, etc...or that they were there the night of "the party" ...it never crossed by mind that Johnny could have something like "hey, come on over, rob us, I'll pretend to be Mr. Big Guy in front of Lisa and then we'll split it later...or something like "I know I owe you this $$...here's the deal..." As LC says something went horribly wrong. Would the thugs maybe have said "you jerk, we're not splitting it with you" or maybe the thugs said "you bastard, there is no safe here you son-of a b-, risked all this and you don't have a FUCKIN' Safe! and we're still not giong to have get any $$"...the latter makes more sense to me if indeed J had anything to do with his own murder. For now I' m going to go with J didn't...but it sure is major creepy thinking of all the possibilities...(Guess the truth is I would have made a lousy detective...taken all this time to even have that theory come to mind)
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
(08-25-2011, 06:49 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(08-25-2011, 06:45 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: someone told the thugs that Lisa's parents had a safe and would be away.

That narrows the list of candidates.

Think of all the people that could have known though...they said J had a big mouth and bragged to a lot of people about a safe...that could be total BS, but if true probably told all of his family members too ...then they told people etc...or anyone at that party told others...

by the way...when I mentioned after watching the video that they were so cute...I'm a mother of 3 grown children about their J/L's ages...mine are far from perfect and loved to party. Plus I partied a lot in the 70's...I could relate to it...I was referring to how physically attractive they were, how fun, lot of laughs, etc...minus the drug talk which was beyond sad/tragic. Couldn't relate to that (thank God - I have enough problems - ha)...anyway...so yes, to me they were very cute and minus the heavy drugs/addiction/robbery thug thing goin' on, they would have had a bright future...sorry, I always see the glass half full.

Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
Bright future?

...and the jokes keep on a'comin.

You see the glass half full all you want. I'll stick to reality.
HAVE A LOVELY BIRTHDAY DEAR 'OLDER-THAN-DIRT'~~

[Image: birthdaycake.jpg]