Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(05-15-2013, 10:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: And Lastly:
The jury deliberates for a third time to determine whether Arias should be sentenced to life or death. Their decision must be unanimous. In the case of a deadlock, a mistrial would be granted and a new jury would be chosen for this phase only.

Ref: HLN

Here's the Arizona Revised Statutes Title 13 Criminal Code - Section 13-752

G. At the penalty phase, the defendant and the state may present any evidence that is relevant to the determination of whether there is mitigation that is sufficiently substantial to call for leniency. In order for the trier of fact to make this determination, the state may present any evidence that demonstrates that the defendant should not be shown leniency.

H. The trier of fact shall determine unanimously whether death is the appropriate sentence. If the trier of fact is a jury and the jury unanimously determines that the death penalty is not appropriate, the court shall determine whether to impose a sentence of life or natural life.

K. At the penalty phase, if the trier of fact is a jury and the jury is unable to reach a verdict, the court shall dismiss the jury and shall impanel a new jury. The new jury shall not retry the issue of the defendant’s guilt or the issue regarding any of the aggravating circumstances that the first jury found by unanimous verdict to be proved or not proved. If the new jury is unable to reach a unanimous verdict, the court shall impose a sentence of life or natural life on the defendant.

It takes only one juror to void the first jury and allow a replacement jury to be installed.

One.
Thank you, Tiki!

Let's hope the current jury can agree on the appropriate sentence.

I'm mentally challenged right now; just edited this post for the 3rd time. Smiley_emoticons_razz

Attorneys for Jodi Arias asked to step down from the case after their client was convicted of first-degree murder, but a judge denied the request.

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-16-2013, 01:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Attorneys for Jodi Arias asked to step down from the case after their client was convicted of first-degree murder, but a judge denied the request.

Story

That post-verdict interview was such a stupid move, I don't blame them one bit.

I understand why Wilmott has the bald spot; Arias would make me pull my hair out too.

Getting near time for opening arguments in the sentencing phase...
Jodi looks half dead today.

Poor thing.

Heh Heh
If Jodi gets the death penalty and ends up taking the needle I doubt she'll die doing what she loved doing (even though she professes she wants to die).

That's such a common phrase to throw around when someone dies, especially when it's something like a hang-gliding accident or skydiving, etc.

However, besides David Carradine and Michael Hutchence, are there any people who have truly died doing 'what they love doing'?
(05-16-2013, 02:43 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: However, besides David Carradine and Michael Hutchence, are there any people who have truly died doing 'what they love doing'?

Of course there is. Men go into cardiac arrest having sex, people die skiing, racing cars, boats, etc.
Juan Martinez did a good job of showing that there are no mitigating factors that legitimately apply to Jodi Arias.

Jodi will speak today. Confirmed.
(05-16-2013, 02:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 02:43 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: However, besides David Carradine and Michael Hutchence, are there any people who have truly died doing 'what they love doing'?

Of course there is. Men go into cardiac arrest having sex, people die skiing, racing cars, boats, etc.

Those are the same as asphyxiation masturbation?

Wow!

Must be fun to live in your world.
Ah hell, I'm already crying and Travis's younger brother Steven has only just started his statement.

You can hear the pain and loss in his voice.

Jodi's history...

ETA: Jodi's trying to cry too.
(05-16-2013, 03:05 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Those are the same as asphyxiation masturbation?

Wow!

Must be fun to live in your world.

Read my font, see the comment in red? That's what I responded to.

are there any people who have truly died doing 'what they love doing'?
Opening statements and victim impact statements have concluded.

Among his weak and inapplicable mitigating factors as to why Jodi should not be sentenced to death, Nurmi noted that "Jodi is a talented artist". WTF?

Nurmi also said that Arias will show the jury her artwork, and talk about all of the mitigating factors the jury can consider.

Jodi's speech ought to be something else...
So, Jodi's childhood friend (Patricia) and ex-boyfriend (Darryl Brewer) are set to testify on her behalf.

Today's afternoon court delay is reportedly due to the fact that the childhood friend decided she does not want her face to be televised. Wise. Motion granted.

Darryl Brewer, however, hasn't put restrictions on his televised testimony. We will see his face. When he testified for the defense during its case-in-chief, his face wasn't shown.

Let's get the show on the road!!
The friend should of said this shit days ago. 106
(05-16-2013, 06:06 PM)JsMom Wrote: The friend should of said this shit days ago. 106

Exactly!

I think the friend is smart for not wanting her face televised, but c'mon, stipulate that in advance. UNLESS, she wasn't planning on testifying and the defense was srambling for people who only had positive things to say?

Heartbreaker: Jodi is indeed subject to cross-examination if she chooses to testify, according to the legal analysts.
Jesus Christ. Court adjourned early today; no testimony after the lunch break.

We have to wait til Monday for the defense mitigation witnesses to take the stand.

Wonder if Jodi's reluctant attorneys will be spending the next 3 days trying to get their narcissistic client to heed their advice? Showing her artwork during mitigation is such a bad idea. Clearly Jodi's idea, not her attorneys'.

Guessing Ms. Einstein was planning to talk about how she would be donating profits to domestic violence organizations (you know, because she herself is the wrongly persecuted victim of abuse). PLUS, national advertising for Jodi's jail-based biz!!!

We'll see next week...
(05-16-2013, 06:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: . . .the next 3 days . . .

Rehearsal.
(05-16-2013, 11:22 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 06:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: . . .the next 3 days . . .

Rehearsal.
Literally the last public performance of her lifetime. A role to die for.

By the way, the astute, lovely and ever-so-sincere Team Jodi leader seems to be putting on a little performance too. Trying to keep the donations rolling in? Losing their audience? Just plain batshit crazy?

Here's just a piece of the diatribe. You be the judge.
----------------------------------------------------
May 16, 2013

So… let these clueless fucks come up with some more bullshit today. We’re used to it by now, aren’t we?. After that, we can start preparing for the appellate courts and the appeals in respect of this AZ State Circus debacle.

And while I’m on a roll, let me tell you this — and let’s see how little of it appears on HLN later today:

TA’s retarded & inbred meth-head loser family seriously need to get a life, and quit playing the fake sympathy card for anyone that’s stupid enough to give a fuck about them. So yeah… to the meth-head family I say fuck you and the drug dealers dicks you all rode into town on. You, just like all the other sick pedo-hugging fucks should never have been born in the first place. The world would have been a much better place without you… just like the world is a much better place without that TA asshole.

The same sentiments go out to all the mormon motherfuckers still clinging to the illusion of Jodi’s guilt, just to make them feel “better” about themselves. Good luck with that. Fuck you too, and the bishop you’re always giving head to. You know who you are. ....

HOTD: REMAINDER OF MELTDOWN SNIPPED
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, how Team Jodi will be victorious! And, Jodi's "Survivor" t-shirts start shipping on Monday!!!! What a bunch of drooling dolts.

I'd love to have those people come here.