Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
Even before all of this came out, I love LC's comments at the beginning of the thread calling her a lying slut. She had her number right at the beginning. How embarrassing all those people looking at those pics of her on all fours, like a dog. How did she get that bald look. Am I old fashioned? Did I not get that memo? Is that how women groom themselves these days, their bald down there? Because I am sorry, I am keeping my beard and I wont be taking pics of it ever.
(08-05-2014, 08:50 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-04-2014, 09:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Jodi is going to represent herself at her penalty re-trial. I shit you not.

...and we can't watch the circus. Sumbitch! Taz

You know, it wouldn't surprise me too much if Arias tried to reverse the decision to bar live media coverage from the courtroom. Her attorneys petitioned and fought for the barring, but Jodi loves the attention and I wonder whether she was fully on-board with her attorneys' strategy.

In any event, I feel for Judge Stephens and wonder how she's going to keep Arias adhering to all of the legal requirements and protocols to prevent Arias from doing (intentionally or unintentionally) anything in the courtroom that necessitates a mistrial.

The state of Arizona has spent way too much money on the murdering narcissist. And, Travis Alexander's family has waited way too long for closure in the case to have to start over, again.

Hoping that doesn't happen.
(08-05-2014, 11:24 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 08:50 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-04-2014, 09:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Jodi is going to represent herself at her penalty re-trial. I shit you not.

...and we can't watch the circus. Sumbitch! Taz

You know, it wouldn't surprise me too much if Arias tried to reverse the decision to bar live media coverage from the courtroom. Her attorneys petitioned and fought for the barring, but Jodi loves the attention and I wonder whether she was fully on-board with her attorneys' strategy.

In any event, I feel for Judge Stephens and wonder how she's going to keep Arias adhering to all of the legal requirements and protocols to prevent Arias from doing (intentionally or unintentionally) anything in the courtroom that necessitates a mistrial.

The state of Arizona has spent way too much money on the murdering narcissist. And, Travis Alexander's family has waited way too long for closure in the case to have to start over, again.

Hoping that doesn't happen.
The judge ruled that she's fit, so I doubt she can pull off a mistrial at this point. I really don't think she's that smart.
(08-05-2014, 12:38 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: The judge ruled that she's fit, so I doubt she can pull off a mistrial at this point. I really don't think she's that smart.

I'm with ya, Gunnar.

I think Arias is a dumbass, despite her high IQ. She certainly seems to believe that she's smarter than everyone else, though.

Anyway, stupidity and lack of experience are sometimes the causes of mistrials. I just don't wanna see anything go awry. Anxious for Arias to have her fate sealed.
(08-05-2014, 12:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 12:38 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: The judge ruled that she's fit, so I doubt she can pull off a mistrial at this point. I really don't think she's that smart.

I'm with ya, Gunnar.

I think Arias is a dumbass, despite her high IQ. She certainly seems to believe that she's smarter than everyone else, though.

Anyway, stupidity and lack of experience are sometimes the causes of mistrials. I just don't wanna see anything go awry. Anxious for Arias to have her fate sealed.
That is the general consenus here too. Get it done.
(08-05-2014, 01:24 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: That is the general consenus here too. Get it done.

She's a royal pain the ass, and that's one of the nicest things I can say about her. I actually feel sorry for Kirk Nurmi being stuck with her lies and antics for years on end.

Today, Arias asked for a delay in the penalty retrial. I sure hope she doesn't get it.

Snip:
Jodi Arias asked a judge Wednesday to postpone the second penalty phase of her murder trial. She also stated that she would no longer represent herself if one of her two attorneys is allowed to quit the case.

Judge Sherry Stephens previously granted Arias' motion to represent herself while her two court-appointed attorneys stay on as advisers.

However, one of those attorneys asked the judge on Wednesday to let him quit the case. Lawyer Kirk Nurmi explained in a motion filed last week that "a completely fractured relationship between counsel (and client) now exists."

The hearing on Wednesday marked the first time Arias had argued her own motions. She spoke softly while seated at a defense table alongside the two lawyers, one of whom occasionally whispered in her ear.

Arias asked for the delay to give her time to interview an expert witness she plans to call to testify and to review evidence.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez vehemently objected, noting the case has dragged on long enough. He said the ruling that allowed Arias to represent herself also said there would be no delays. "She agreed to those terms," Martinez told the judge.

Arias has tried to fire Nurmi several times, and he has sought to get off the case in the past after frequent clashes with Arias over strategy.

In response to his latest request, Arias told the judge that she would no longer serve as her own attorney and would allow her other lawyer, Jennifer Willmott, to argue the case if Nurmi was permitted to quit. "As far as I know, he has not done anything" lately to assist in the defense, Arias told the judge.

Arguments were then closed to the media and public, and it was not immediately clear if the judge issued a ruling.

A hearing is set for Aug. 22 on Arias' motion to postpone the retrial.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jodi-arias-s...e-retrial/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I'm wondering if the whole request to represent herself was really just a way of blackmailing the court into ousting Nurmi from her case. Who knows?
I agree with Martinez, she signed a document agreeing to no further delays, but I'm betting the judge grants the delay because she doesn't want an appeal filed stating Arias did not have her due process. Or worse... a mistrial. Best case scenario: She gets shanked during the delay

The_Villagers Ugh! Enough already. I feel like she's had so many courtesies. It makes me crazy.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-13-2014, 09:21 PM)Duchess Wrote:

The_Villagers Ugh! Enough already. I feel like she's had so many courtesies. It makes me crazy.

I felt like I was getting drawn into this case this morning. I was watching Travis speaking on youtube. He was really funny. He was on the right path. She is just pure evil and she struck him dead because she knew he was clearing her out. She was not wife material. LC was right she is a slut. I read his blog where he talks about trying to find out 'if she is an axe murderer' turns out she was.

Jodi is a grade A twat. She has no redeeming qualities and I feel like she is still manipulating people. I can hardly stand it when she presents herself as demure & ladylike.
Jodi is one shrewd twisted bitch! She will try to drag out her sentencing day out until she has wrinkles up her ying yang! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(08-14-2014, 08:08 PM)Carsman Wrote: Jodi is one shrewd twisted bitch! She will try to drag out her sentencing day out until she has wrinkles up her ying yang! hah

(08-13-2014, 06:54 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I agree with Martinez, she signed a document agreeing to no further delays, but I'm betting the judge grants the delay because she doesn't want an appeal filed stating Arias did not have her due process. Or worse... a mistrial. Best case scenario: She gets shanked during the delay

Today Judge Stephens ruled that both Jennifer Willmott and Kirk Nurmi are to remain as defense attorney consultants for Jodi Arias as she represents herself in the penalty retrial. Requests by both Arias and Nurmi to have Nurmi taken off the case were denied.

AND, Judge Stephens granted Arias' request for an extension and gave her 3 additional weeks to prepare.

The penalty retrial is now scheduled to begin on September 29th.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/judge-delays...e-retrial/
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/09/10/...pt=hln10_1

Jodi Arias may no longer act as her own attorney for her upcoming penalty phase retrial, according to a motion filed by Arias' attorneys.

Arias was initially granted permission to act as her own lawyer back in August by Arizona Judge Sherry Stephens.

Judge Stephens warned Arias against it, but Arias insisted. Fast forward one month later and the convicted killer seems to have had a change of heart.
(09-11-2014, 11:32 AM)JsMom Wrote: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/09/10/...pt=hln10_1

Jodi Arias may no longer act as her own attorney for her upcoming penalty phase retrial, according to a motion filed by Arias' attorneys.

Arias was initially granted permission to act as her own lawyer back in August by Arizona Judge Sherry Stephens.

Judge Stephens warned Arias against it, but Arias insisted. Fast forward one month later and the convicted killer seems to have had a change of heart.

Still again, another stalling tactic, it's working, Jodi's pretty smart!

Arias is an idiot who always thinks she's smarter than everybody else and ends up tripping over herself.

Backing out of serving as her own attorney has not stalled the case again (not yet, anyway).

Jury selection for the penalty retrial is still scheduled to begin on Sept. 29th.
PENALTY RETRIAL -- STATUS

Out of 400 potential jurors, the pool has already been reduced down to 176.

Almost all of those summoned were familiar with Arias and the first trial.

14 of those summoned said they'd already made up their minds about how Arias should be penalized; many of them reportedly feeling that she should be on death row.

The defense has filed a motion to dismiss the death penalty option -- citing misconduct by prosecutor Juan Martinez, mistreatment by Sheriff Joe, etc...(standard grounds for later appeals).

There will be 16 to 18 jurors selected; opening statements in the penalty retrial are scheduled for October 20th.

Ref: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loca.../16570903/

Two weeks & 2 days. Finally! Please, no more delays. She should have been sitting on death row for the past year but I can wait a few more weeks to see her get what she deserves.

This is all about Travis' family and those who cared about him now but I will be crushed if she is given life in prison, she does not deserve the opportunity to make a life for herself in there and she will if she's given that instead of death.
I would pay considerably to be on that jury! hah Fry her ass!

I think it's a shame she's back in the news/back on t.v. I don't care whether she lives or dies but I'd prefer she do it in obscurity.

Too bad Casey Anthony isn't in the same place.
Commando Cunt Queen