Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Daniel Morcombe (Altar boy) 13, murdered
i can't get a photo of the accused.

here is a sketch and a clay model.

things are different over in Oz.

PEOPLE launching online attacks on the man charged with murdering Daniel Morcombe have been warned they are “just one key stroke away” from being charged or aborting the trial.

Since Brett Peter Cowan was arrested and charged with the 2003 abduction and murder of 13-year-old Daniel, social networking sites have been flooded with “hate groups”.

Tim Meehan, the lawyer representing the accused, said the malicious comments made on these pages could break a variety of state and federal laws. “These include using a telecommunications device to harass or threaten violence,” he said.

“There is understandably public outrage over Daniel’s disappearance.

“There is a lot of emotion in the community. In their minds they have already determined my client is guilty, not without the presumption of innocence.

“But they are undertaking an offence with these comments online.”

Mr Meehan said people were mistakenly believing their online comments were anonymous.

“However, their comments can be tracked to their IP address,” he said

“People are only a few strokes away from trouble.”

Mr Meehan said his other concern was that the malicious comments would not enable his client to have a fair trial in Queensland.

“No one wants the trial to fall apart,” he said.

“Police want to ensure this case goes to trial, so too do the magistrates and the judges.

“I’m warning people they have to be very careful about what they say online.”

Mr Meehan said he thought the media approach to Cowan being charged had been quite tempered.

“I have not seen anything in the media I would consider outrageous,” he said.

“I’m really quite happy with the media coverage.”

Mr Meehan said his client was well aware of the public sentiment towards him.

“He says he is not guilty and plans to go to trial,” he said.

[Image: accused_729-420x0.jpg]

[Image: DanielMorcombeAbductorLeadPhotoClayModel.JPG]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daniel Morcombe (Altar boy) 13, murdered - by Lady Cop - 09-05-2011, 02:10 PM