Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New GOP Recruiting Tactic for Young Voters
Hey! What about the hispanic, gay/lesbian and liberals?

Wife of Maricopa County supervisor accused of sex acts with minor

Oct. 27, 2010 The Arizona Republic

The wife of Maricopa County Supervisor Fulton Brock was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of having a three-year affair with a 17-year-old boy, police said.

Susan M. Brock, 48, is being held without bond on two counts of molestation of a child and two counts of sexual conduct with a minor, said Chandler Police Sgt. Joe Favazzo.

According to a police report, Brock is accused of picking the Chandler teen up from his home or school, and committing as many as 30 sexual acts in her car, her home, her mother's home and secluded areas of the city. The acts did not include intercourse, police said.

The alleged affair came to light when family friends intercepted messages on the boy's iPod Touch that included references to sex acts and the discovery of a relationship between the victim and Brock, the report said.

The friends told the teen's parents. The victim and his parents approached police Friday, Favazzo said. "The victim was 14-years-old when it started," he said.

In a statement, Fulton Brock said his life and that of his three children "was upended last night."

"Even with this statement I am not sure how to express what such a shocking emotional punch to your heart and family feels like. I am stunned," the supervisor said.

"My children are flabbergasted. You think you know someone after 28 years and I need answers as much as police officers do. I want so much to believe these allegations are not true, but if they are, I am appalled and crushed. I am a religious man. I ask all to pray for our family and those involved so that justice may best be served."

The report details the subterfuge Brock and the teen allegedly used to avoid detection, and the gifts she allegedly gave him to aid in their communication, including an iPod, iPod Touch and two iPhones.

The report says she instructed him to at times say he was jogging so they could meet. It also says she used the moniker "Timmy Turner" in texts. That is the name of a Cartoon Network character from the TV show Fairly Odd Parents.

Interim Maricopa County Attorney Rick Romley said attorneys in his office first learned of the Chandler Police investigation into Susan Brock when she made her initial appearance before a judge, who denied Brock bond.

Romley said other charges could be leveled against Susan Brock, depending on the evidence that comes out of the investigation.

But those charges and the rest of the case against Susan Brock will all be handled by Pinal County Attorney James Walsh, who agreed to take the case after Romley contacted him Wednesday morning.

Brock, who represents the southeast Valley, has served on the Board of Supervisors since 1996 and was most recently re-elected in 2008. He and his wife have been married for at least 28 years, according to his county website.

Their family lives in Chandler. Brock, a Republican, has served three times as chairman of the Board of Supervisors.

Messages In This Thread
New GOP Recruiting Tactic for Young Voters - by BlueTiki - 10-28-2010, 11:33 AM