Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Elizabeth Collins, 8 and Lyric Cook,10 Iowa missing/found dead
I would feel more confident in Dan Morrissey's innocence if he had given the reporter a reliable denial.

"You tell them (detectives) the truth and they say, 'You're holding something back,' and you're not. What is left to talk about? You know, we go over and over and over again. It made me feel like, yeah, they're looking at me like a suspect," said Dan Morrissey, Lyric's father. "But as far as what I know, I know the truth, I know I am telling the truth, so it is offensive."

He is speaking in third person instead of first person. Saying "I told them (detectives) the truth and they said, 'You're holding something back,' and I wasn't." is a much stronger denial than using "you". I find the fact that LE is asking him questions to try and find his missing daughter is "offensive" to him rather curious. I can understand with his many arrests that he would be wary of LE, but come on dude, your daughter is missing.

Meth and kids don't mix. He only lives a few miles from where Lyric was [taken] and with his criminal history LE is going to focus on him with no other leads in the case.

If Dan does have something to do with this, I feel even worse for Drew and Heather Collins. Their daughter may have been "collateral damage" because she was with Lyric.

This post is my opinion. I am not stating that Dan Morrissey had anything to do with Lyric and Elizabeth missing, but I can understand why LE might think so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elizabeth Collins, 8 and Lyric Cook,10 Iowa missing - by Cheyne - 07-18-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Elizabeth Collins, 8 and Lyric Cook,10 Iowa missing - by guest12131213 - 02-03-2014, 06:15 PM