Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Thanksgiving preparation thread
Maggot Offline
Supermod

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread

I briefly contemplated putting my turkey on the grill rotisserie but am getting cold drumsticks.

11-17-2017 10:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(11-17-2017 10:48 PM)Maggot Wrote:  I briefly contemplated putting my turkey on the grill rotisserie but am getting cold drumsticks.

It's getting really cold here. We were planning to eat Thanksgiving brunch in the backyard this year. But, if we'll be freezing our thighs off out there, stuff that!

I'm buying the turkey today and just making the basics -- stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cooked spinach with pine nuts.

11-18-2017 12:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

I'm making a list. I hope I have some self control this year and don't overbuy. I sorta love having all the leftovers though. No cooking for an entire week. Oh happy days.

Family, friends, food & fun. What more could anyone want.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
11-18-2017 01:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

BigMark Offline
Mocker

I really like Ham over Turkey. My day used to make a gigantic bowl of potato salad with crunchy celery and deviled eggs layered on top.

11-18-2017 02:01 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(11-18-2017 01:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

I'm making a list. I hope I have some self control this year and don't overbuy. I sorta love having all the leftovers though. No cooking for an entire week. Oh happy days.

Family, friends, food & fun. What more could anyone want.

My wife loves hosting... and cooking.

She feels the same way you do, this is her favorite time of the year.

11-18-2017 02:11 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(11-18-2017 02:01 PM)BigMark Wrote:  I really like Ham over Turkey. My day used to make a gigantic bowl of potato salad with crunchy celery and deviled eggs layered on top.

My mom makes the best deviled eggs and potato salad. I can't match hers.

I used to do a beef and diced potato enchilda fiesta with Spanish rice and cheezy refried beans for Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite meals.

But, my niece loves the traditional turkey dinner so that's what I've been cooking up for the last few years. It's good too and I enjoy cooking it anyway.

11-18-2017 02:16 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(11-18-2017 02:11 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  She feels the same way you do, this is her favorite time of the year.

I love it. It's always been so magical to me, even the vibe in the air is different. I like the sights, the sounds and the colors, everything, I like everything about it.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
11-18-2017 02:58 PM