Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams
HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams

LE still hasn't released any information about COD or potential sexual assault, MS.

I imagine they don't want to reveal any details that only the killer(s) would know this early on.

But, if time marches on with no real leads, it's possible that LE might release that info in hopes of having an impact on anyone who might know the identity of the suspect.

03-09-2017 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

LytoMe Offline
Mocker

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams

(02-25-2017 05:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:  

If he's not in the database, it won't be that easy.

It's been a while, but this case I have been following from the start since My daughter is in Fact 13 and we live near an area like this where we HIKE as a family. With Tracks, Bridges, etc.

So if they did in fact find a good solid sample of a males DNA, the database is LARGE and in several hundred cities. They might have a name, we don't know. They might have an idea of who this is, but he is not a local, etc. I have seen cases where they do like not to give to much up because of issues with the suspect being known to run or "train jump".

Also, I have NOT read this anywhere just speculation of this guy being a train jumper. IS this in fact an active railroad, if so how often does it run, where does it go, what does it carry, etc. Many questions about this should be asked or looked at by LE! Only a Local would know these answers.

I know the tracks by my house, the train runs once a day. And does not go further then an hour away from my town. A train jumper would not get fair.

03-10-2017 02:02 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

MS mentioned the possibility that the suspect is a train-jumper upthread.

In my opinion, if LE knew the identity of the suspect, they'd be all over his relatives and would likely release it to the public before he has an opportunity to kill again, train-jumper or not.

Releasing the name could lead to tips from people who know him, but don't recognize him in that grainy photo.

03-10-2017 02:22 PM

LytoMe Offline
Mocker

(03-10-2017 02:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  MS mentioned the possibility that the suspect is a train-jumper upthread.

In my opinion, if LE knew the identity of the suspect, they'd be all over his relatives and would likely release it to the public before he has an opportunity to kill again. Releasing the name could lead to tips from people who know him, but don't recognize him in that grainy photo.

What I gather is that the train jumping theory is not what LE has indicated, just what AP and commenters have posted?

Does anyone live in the area on Mock?

03-10-2017 02:24 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

FAHQTOO lives in Indiana, LytoMe. I'm not sure if her location is anywhere near the crime scene though.

03-10-2017 02:26 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

I was shocked to learn that many 'normal' people, most of them older, 45 & up, still hop trains.

Never occurred to me that ordinary people with jobs, homes, kids, etc, would do this.

So many tracks linked, particularly in the Midwest and out east, that an experienced train rider would know how to get just about anywhere they pleased.

03-10-2017 03:31 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

New article/recap/LE interview

Snip:
Despite the lack of progress on the investigation thus far, Sgt. John Perrine of the Indiana State Police told reporters that he's confident authorities will track down the person or persons responsible for Abby and Libby’s murders.

[Image: Missing_Teens_Indiana_22090.jpg]
^ Perrine told ABC News this is an "all hands on deck" investigation with more than two dozen law enforcement agencies involved, including the FBI, "because we want to bring justice to Libby and Abby's families.”

For now, the girls' causes of death have not been released, Perrine said, because authorities need to keep some evidence "close to the vest for investigators to use as they talk to people, interrogate people.”

He said that evidence other than the audio recording has been recovered, but could not elaborate on that evidence and could not say if more evidence will be made public in the near future.

"At this point, we just have to be very careful because we cannot get this wrong. We cannot fail on this case,” Perrine said. "We have to find the person responsible for murdering Abby and Libby.”

Full piece: http://abcnews.go.com/US/shaken-double-m...d=46019975

03-11-2017 10:51 AM

FAHQTOO Away
Crusty Crab Bitch

(03-10-2017 02:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  FAHQTOO lives in Indiana, LytoMe. I'm not sure if her location is anywhere near the crime scene though.

I'm 100 miles east of Delphi. The trains in my area go through about every half hour and a lot of times there's dual trains running in the opposite direction.
I don't believe the guy is local at all. I think with the reward being that high, if he was local he'd be caught by now.

03-11-2017 05:14 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I agree, FAHQTOO. If the suspect were a local, I think he would have been identified by now, especially given the hefty reward.

There's really nothing new in today's update article, but here's the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...teens.html

Seems that LE is working its tail off, but none of the leads are panning out so far. :(

03-14-2017 11:49 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Investigation Update

LE got a new search warrant and were back at the home of the landowner where Liberty and Abigail's bodies were found.

LE is declining to say what they're searching for this time, but stated that 77-year-old Ronald Logan isn't considered a suspect. His attorney says Logan is still struggling with something so heinous happening on his property and he encourages people to call in tips.

Logan was arrested last week for parole violation for a DUI conviction. He is one of 13 people arrested on unrelated charges during the course of the investigation. Seems to me like LE is trying to sweat everyone who might know something, anything.

LE has received over 13,000 tips and interviewed 300 people. They've cleared 200 of them and are still investigating the alibis of the other 100.

More here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rests.html

03-18-2017 10:44 PM

aussiefriend Away
Mocker

Because I have been away for a while, I truly expected or hoped that there was a breakthrough in this case when I came back. I am hoping that it will not go cold. Why do these guys just grab these children and kill them? It's so evil.

I can't believe that this will remain a mystery. I watch the documentary on Cold Case Files, and I just hope this doesn't happen here. These girls and their families truly deserve justice.

06-19-2017 12:48 PM

aussiefriend Away
Mocker

Any updates anybody. I want justice.

06-22-2017 02:46 AM

SIXFOOTERsez Offline
Mocker

Update
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fami...&ocid=iehp

Family of slain Indiana teen speaks out after suspect's sketch released

Police released a sketch of a man suspected of killing two girls while they were on a hike in Indiana in February. Officers believe the man accused of murdering Liberty German and Abigail Williams is 5-feet, 6-inches to 5-feet,10-inches tall, weighs between 180 and 220 pounds and has a goatee.

Their bodies were discovered a day after they went missing.
Police insist their investigation has not gone cold, but after drawing national attention and generating thousands of tips, they still don't know the suspect's name, reports CBS News correspondent Don Dahler.

Investigators hope the new sketch, drawn by an FBI artist, will reignite the public's interest.

"We're gonna get you now. We have a face to go with you," said Becky Patty, Liberty German's grandmother. German's grandparents think police are one step closer to catching the 14-year-old's killer.

"We want to get this guy off the streets. Know what I mean? Don't want anybody to go through what we been going through," said Mike Patty, German's grandfather.

Investigators released a composite sketch Monday. "It shows a little more facial features, it gives you a little more information on what we're looking at, who the suspect might be," said Indiana State police sergeant Kim Riley.

German shot it on her cell phone as the alleged murderer pursued her and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. "If we can get a name or at least a location of this subject, that would be great," Riley said. The sketch is based in part on a witness who claims to have seen the man around the time the girls disappeared on this railway trail on February 13. Fear of the suspect apparently kept the witness from coming forward sooner. "The person was not clear on the color of the eyes, but the person said it was definitely not blue," Riley said. Police do know what their suspect sounds like thanks to a previously released audio snippet that was recorded by German.

"The likelihood of solving the case is still very high," said former FBI assistant director Ron Hosko. Hosko says it's unclear how reliable the new sketch is, but at least it forces the public to pay attention again.

"It is just making that connection, it is having somebody's synapses touch and say -- I know who this is," Hosko said.

Police caution the hat the suspect is wearing in the sketch may not be accurate, and are asking the public to instead focus on the suspect's facial features.

The reward in this case is now more than $230,000.

07-18-2017 02:43 PM

YourOtherLeft Offline
Mocker

This case is so disturbing.
Some things are just not making sense for it to be a random crime of opportunity by some non-local transient/homeless person...
If the killer was there intending to kill - brought weapon, etc. and if his target was teenage girls, it just seems odd that he would choose to be on that path at that time on a day that would normally be a school day. Seems like he would have had to have known that school happened to be out that particular day, which I think makes it unlikely that he's unrelated to the area.
It also seems so brazen and unusual that he would take TWO girls in daylight -- seems like he must have prepared for that.
The timeline is really pretty tight on this for when they started searching - how would he hide in that area without being familiar? It's a popular spot for locals but not sure anyone else unfamiliar would be that arrogant.

I'm glad they released the sketch, it's really detailed - but I have been appalled by the side-by-side facial comparisons going on elsewhere online, naming names like a witchhunt by people who are literally just guessing. It's so damaging to get this wrong.

I hope for a break in this soon.

07-20-2017 12:39 AM