Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams
(12-28-2017, 08:59 PM)Tammy75 Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 01:50 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 01:26 AM)BigMark Wrote: We spoil our kids because we don't give them the freedom we had, it's kinda fucked up.

I know. When stuff like this happens, I take it personally and it affects me. Like when little Zahra was killed by her evil stepmother. Zahra was Australian living in the US.

This happened 3 blocks from my old office. We watched the news helicopters from the beginning to the day the house was torn down. When stepmom's picture was posted I remembered dealing with her in my insurance agency, a couple of years prior to this.

Then we watched the trial and it was devastating to our town.

I have a 16 year old and worry about her all the time!!!!

How hard is it not to be overprotective in this day and age?

That evil stepmother had a myspace page back in the day and people where writing comments "what have you done with her" she hadn't been found yet. And the menacing pictures she had posted of little Zahra her target calling her "the dark child". The father got away with it but he was in on it. Mr. Casual 911. Fuck him. Loser freak.
(12-28-2017, 08:59 PM)Tammy75 Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 01:50 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 01:26 AM)BigMark Wrote: We spoil our kids because we don't give them the freedom we had, it's kinda fucked up.

I know. When stuff like this happens, I take it personally and it affects me. Like when little Zahra was killed by her evil stepmother. Zahra was Australian living in the US.

This happened 3 blocks from my old office. We watched the news helicopters from the beginning to the day the house was torn down. When stepmom's picture was posted I remembered dealing with her in my insurance agency, a couple of years prior to this.

Then we watched the trial and it was devastating to our town.

I have a 16 year old and worry about her all the time!!!!

How hard is it not to be overprotective in this day and age?

That evil stepmother had a myspace page back in the day and people where writing comments "what have you don with her" she hadn't been found yet. And the menacing pictures of little Zahra her target calling her "the dark child". The father got away with it but he was in on it. Mr. Casual 911. Fuck him. Loser freak.
Update

Liberty and Abigail were reported missing exactly a week ago next Tuesday, 13 February 2017. Their bodies were discovered about a mile from where they were last seen hiking the next day.

There have been no directly-related arrests and there are reportedly no suspects in their murders.

[Image: 48EA40E000000578-5356263-Daniel_Nations_...432984.jpg]

Police now say that Daniel Nations ^, who was questioned regarding possible involvement in the case, has been extradited back to Indiana after he was arrested in Colorado last year for threatening hikers on a trail with a hatchet.

Police reportedly no longer consider Nations an active person of interest in the murder of the girls (but that doesn't mean they've ruled him out entirely; unclear).

Nations, 31, was charged in Indiana with failing to register as a sex offender and appeared in court yesterday.

Really hoping for a big break in this very sad case very soon.

Refs:
--Nations' criminal history and whereabouts leading up to the murders: https://www.theindychannel.com/news/loca...ers?page=2

--Current charges and photos:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...court.html

That's one sick looking weirdo M F!

He'll get his eventually!
Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
Just thinking of Abigail and Liberty today. It looks like that Nations Guy is mentally ill. I don’t think their killer is mentally ill and chasing ppl with axes in woods. I think the killer is a blue collar worker who is cold and calculated.
oh my God that's him! That's him, that's him. Come on. Get him. What a creep.
You check out the photo sketch and it's the same goatie beard. Same nose too that's in the actual photo.

Maybe the police have tactics and they are moving slowly and methodically so that they can ensure that their case is airtight and that the predator will not get away with it in anyway shape or form. I do trust your police, and I think they will not let this rest until they have nabbed the culprit.
I don't know aussie. LE said earlier this year that Daniel Nations is no longer an active person of interest. He's very weird and was a threat to public safety, but investigators may have definitively ruled him out.

LE isn't releasing a lot of details. We don't know how the girls were murdered or the cause of death. We don't know if the girls were sexually assaulted and/or whether LE was able to obtain suspect DNA. We don't know if Nations has a solid alibi or was eliminated as a suspect via DNA testing. Seems LE is being very careful not to release information that only the killer would know.

It is possible that Nations is actually still high on LE's radar and they just don't have enough evidence to charge him or settle on him as 'the guy', but I think it's more likely they've ruled him out.

Anyway, it's very sad to imagine what the girls' families are going through as they wait and hope. It's gotta be excruciating. Fortunately, the families have a great deal of support in the community.

Liberty's grandfather, Mike Patty, says he knows that LE is working their humps off trying to solve the case. In the meantime, he keeps himself busy working his job and working on clearing a piece of land to establish a softball park in honor of the girls. The park is being made possible through donations and volunteer work.

Refs:
https://www.jconline.com/story/opinion/c...763740002/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of...rty_German