Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
THE "STUPIDITY ON DISPLAY" THREAD
Los Angeles, California

Jesus Christ, I respect their right to say it and spray it, but I think the message is off-base and doesn't help in their attempt to call attention to true racial inequality issues.

[Image: 3EB5E37C00000578-4357420-image-m-40_1490717147805.jpg]

A group of three female Latina and black students have started a campaign at Pitzer College warning white female students to stop wearing hoop earrings and claiming it's an act of cultural appropriation.

One activist emailed the entire student body to justify the declaration, which was spray painted on a 'free wall' used for unmoderated speech at the school.

The activists actually seem quite intelligent and well-spoken, but this display is just plain stupid, in my opinion.

Latina and black women weren't the first people to wear hoop earrings, Iraqi Sumerians (both men and women) were, followed by the Greeks.

And even if hoops had been originally donned by Africans, just about every type of fashion, music, food...today is a result of cultural blending. That's a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. I like the melting pot that is L.A.

If black women wanna die their hair blonde, straighten it, and eat crab rangoon while listening to Pavoratti, cool by me.

And furthermore............I'll wear my old hoop earrings AND my peacock feather earrings any god damned time I please!

Soapbox

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rings.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE "STUPIDITY ON DISPLAY" THREAD - by Maggot - 03-28-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: THE "STUPIDITY ON DISPLAY" THREAD - by HairOfTheDog - 03-28-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: THE "STUPIDITY ON DISPLAY" THREAD - by Maggot - 08-23-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: THE "STUPIDITY ON DISPLAY" THREAD - by Maggot - 08-24-2017, 09:19 AM