Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Should Oprah run for President?
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: Should Oprah run for President?

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
01-09-2018 05:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

Oh fart knocker. Failure to quote. Ugh.

01-09-2018 05:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

I don't like her. She's an average intelligent woman (perhaps even below intelligence when I hear her speak sometimes) who has made her money by appealing to America's idiotic population which is large. Just like Jerry springer or any other talk show host. She has the charisma and character to appeal to the masses of idiots in this country. Does that make her worthy of the presidency? I guess so since Trump did it too, but she'll be a puppet like him just fucking things up more than what they already are. I predict much worse.

01-09-2018 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

(01-09-2018 05:34 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

Oh fart knocker. Failure to quote. Ugh.

That happens more often then not, that must have some deep down underlying meaning! hah

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
01-10-2018 12:12 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(01-10-2018 12:12 PM)Carsman Wrote:  That happens more often then not, that must have some deep down underlying meaning! hah

It appeals to my sense of order when the conversation flows as it would in person. I think that's why I often don't quote, it breaks up the flow.

...but, fuck if I know.

01-10-2018 12:38 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(01-09-2018 07:57 PM)sally Wrote:  I don't like her. She's an average intelligent woman (perhaps even below intelligence when I hear her speak sometimes) who has made her money by appealing to America's idiotic population which is large. Just like Jerry springer or any other talk show host. She has the charisma and character to appeal to the masses of idiots in this country. Does that make her worthy of the presidency? I guess so since Trump did it too, but she'll be a puppet like him just fucking things up more than what they already are. I predict much worse.

I wish the average woman (and man) was as intelligent or more intelligent than Oprah; the world probably be in better shape. But, that seems like a very unlikely assertion.

In your opinion, Oprah is intelligent enough to appeal to the majority of Americans who must therefore be idiots, but she's not as intelligent as the fools she fools? That's like saying Trump isn't more intelligent than the people who believe and defend everything he says, even when he's clearly lying.

Anyway, Oprah doesn't sound less intelligent than the average woman (or man) to me, though I neither really like or dislike her. And, I think it quite likely takes more than average intelligence to make it to the very top on your own terms as a poor, black, overweight woman in a male-dominated industry (especially starting out at a time when race, gender, and appearance discrimination was more rampant and silently accepted).

Then again, it could be that I see it differently than you because I must be less intelligent than the average idiot female. ')

01-10-2018 01:11 PM

koko Offline
youngin'

No. I like Oprah just like everyone else but I really don't think we need to make celebrities being our presidents into a "thing"

01-10-2018 04:09 PM

SIXFOOTERsez Offline
Mocker

Hmmm...so in 2016 the libs are screaming that being a reality show star and rich was NOT a qualification for the highest office in the land...and now its opera 2020?
WTF?

01-11-2018 04:05 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(01-11-2018 04:05 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:  Hmmm...so in 2016 the libs are screaming that being a reality show star and rich was NOT a qualification for the highest office in the land...and now its opera 2020?
WTF?

Well, they are not sure because they can never agree on anything for starters. I think she would make a good President, maybe even better than President Trump.

01-11-2018 05:29 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-09-2018 03:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

A firm no from me. She has a very nice life and she shouldn't give it up to work for a bunch of ingrates. Fuck the little people. Stay away, Oprah, stay far, far away.
I'm going to wait and see what Aussie says. She and Oprah are BFF's.

01-11-2018 05:36 PM

Love Child Offline
Mocker

(01-11-2018 04:05 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:  Hmmm...so in 2016 the libs are screaming that being a reality show star and rich was NOT a qualification for the highest office in the land...and now its opera 2020?
WTF?

Which libs? Where were "they" doing this?

01-11-2018 05:45 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(01-11-2018 05:45 PM)Love Child Wrote:  
WTF?

Check, "yahoo" or "newsweek" or any of those. They want a "professional" politician. What does that even mean?

01-11-2018 08:47 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(01-11-2018 08:47 PM)Maggot Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 05:45 PM)Love Child Wrote:  
WTF?

Check, "yahoo" or "newsweek" or any of those. They want a "professional" politician. What does that even mean?

you can also click "comments" on most articles. Much like Facebook. Speaking of that where the hell is Ramseykittens?

01-11-2018 08:56 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(01-11-2018 05:29 PM)Maggot Wrote:  
WTF?

Well, they are not sure because they can never agree on anything for starters. I think she would make a good President, maybe even better than President Trump.

Oh please. You're so full of shit Mags. You've made your feelings about Oprah clear for years. If I recall correctly, they weren't positive.

If you're banking on her losing big time should she choose to run -- which I don't think she will, but has the right to do and is certainly as or more qualified than others who've tossed their hats in the ring -- I wouldn't be too confident.

I didn't think I'd end up voting for Hillary Clinton three years ago. That changed when it came down to a choice between her and Trump. She was certainly more directly qualified for the job in terms of political experience, but not well-liked by a whole lot of people.

And, I didn't think someone less directly qualified in terms of political experience and also not well-liked by a whole lot of people, but worshipped by some, would pull off an electoral college victory. But, that he did.

I don't imagine myself voting for Oprah for President if she surprises me and runs. But, I guess I might........depending on the other choices.

01-12-2018 01:26 AM