(17-Jul-2018) NOTICE: Mockforums.net will be upgraded over the next few days. During this time, there may be periods of instability. Thank you!

ARE YOU ON TIME?
SIXFOOTERsez Offline
Mocker

RE: ARE YOU ON TIME?

I am always 15 minutes early, I hate being late

07-01-2018 07:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

Newlywed in da house. Hi Six!

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
07-01-2018 07:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Love Child Offline
Mocker

My dad was always late which infuriated my mom so we always got to appointments 12 hour early-and sometimes still waited an hour to be seen. (Military hospital) Which made her even more mad.
My sisters have no concept of time and don't plan very well so my mom always says the meal will be a certain time but she plans that at least 12 of the party will show up late.
I started showing up early to help mom and then my sisters could help with clean up since they were late.

I live 2 miles from work-it is wierd being able to get there in 10 minutes or less. Sometimes I get in the bad habit of waiting too long to leave-I should always plan to be there early like Clang! (Mostly I am)
I used to commute an hour each way to work and would give myself sometimes an hour and a half to get there in case stuff happened along the way.

07-01-2018 08:02 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I used to be late for everything, especially when I first moved to the city, and I know it irritated my friends. It's inconsiderate.

I'd start out early and inevitably get lost or spend forever trying to park.

Once auto GPS units, GPS-enabled cell phones, and Uber hit the mass market............that changed. I've been consistently on-time for the last 10 years.

I don't like to arrive more than a couple of minutes early though (and don't like it when people show up at my house way ahead of time either).

07-02-2018 11:14 AM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

I was late to dinner in Chicago as my navigation was set to car and I was walking, that doesn't work well on one way streets.

07-02-2018 11:28 AM

sally Away
sally

I like to be fashionably late. Not early or right on the dot like a loser with no life, but not so late that you piss people off.

07-02-2018 10:48 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(07-02-2018 10:48 PM)sally Wrote:  I like to be fashionably late. Not early or right on the dot like a loser with no life, but not so late that you piss people off.

You’re one of ‘those’ people.

I know them well, as my SIL is the master.

Not cool at all.

07-03-2018 10:31 AM

sally Away
sally

It actually depends on what it's for, if it's something that I know will hold the person up then I would be on time. If it's a dinner party or a BBQ or something like that then I'm probably not going to be the first person at the door. And I never show up empty handed, I always bring a bottle of wine or something.

07-03-2018 11:08 AM