Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI
(10-12-2018, 02:31 PM)Duchess Wrote: I've been following this story and today applauded every time one more person or organization dropped out of the Saudi Future Investment program. Fuck 'em.

I've been reading rumors about Jamal's Apple watch and what data it may have recorded. I sure hope there's some truth to that and not wishful thinking.

That would sure be helpful if it's true and officials can access the recording.  The more evidence, the better.

The Turks say they've got all kinds of audio evidence to back their allegations against the Saudis. 

However, according to Turskish officials, they are hesitant to release it because they don't want to compromise their intelligence agents/processes used at embassies and consulates.

And, there's some reason not to accept Turkey's claims without some skepticism.

Primarily as a result of the weird diplomatic backflip against Qatar by the U.S. (in relation to communications with Saudi Arabia), the relationship between Turkey and Saudi Arabia is tumultuous, with Turkey supporting Qatar against Saudi Arabia in the ongoing diplomatic dispute.

Also, according to Pew opinion polls, Turks hold the most negative view of Saudi Arabia out of any surveyed Muslim country, with 53% of Turks expressing an unfavorable view.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI - by HairOfTheDog - 10-12-2018, 02:54 PM