Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI
(10-14-2018, 01:09 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 12:29 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: President Donald Trump warned that Saudi Arabia could face "severe punishment" over Khashoggi,

Pfft. trump is no more going to severely punish the Saudis any more than I am going to throw on an apron and cook a five course meal for y'all.
Yeah, Trump has made it very clear that he prioritizes money and ego over human rights, free press, truth, and morality (in all matters).  This matter is no exception.

However, Senator Rubio has publicly stated that he's not on the same page as the President, who seems to me to be setting the stage to do much too little to nothing if Saudia Arabia is shown to have killed a reporter of Saudi citizenship, living in America, inside a Turkish government building.

Rubio says with 100% certainty that congress will initiate appropriately harsh retaliation if Trump refuses to do so. I hope there are enough other right-minded Republicans in congress to justify his confidence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI - by HairOfTheDog - 10-15-2018, 09:39 AM