Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI
(10-16-2018, 11:16 AM)Duchess Wrote: It boggles my mind that the President of the United States would offer any cover at all!

It's fucked up alright.

It sends a strong message to dictators and autocrats that the U.S. is weak/dependent and will no longer take a stand against human rights offenses unless that stand comes easy and cheap.

If MBS ordered a hit squad to grab up and/or take out Khashoggi (to which all circumstantial evidence now points), any adequately substantial retaliation by the U.S. isn't likely to come from our Commander In Chief.

I think it would instead have to come from the Congress bucking President Trump (which I hope they do).

I also hope this incident raises awareness and protest in regards to the U.S.'s support of Saudi attacks against Yemeni citizens. Crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.

Obama should not have supported the Saudi-led coalition's intervention in Yemen, in my opinion, and Trump should not be amping it up.

I bet if there weren't large amounts of money and face-saving for Trump and Kushner in play, Trump would pull us out of that Yemeni atrocity just to overturn another Obama decision.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI - by HairOfTheDog - 10-16-2018, 11:26 PM