Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI
(10-17-2018, 05:24 AM)Duchess Wrote: There are some awful headlines this morning. What kind of sick sonofabitch provides cover for a murdering dictator?! The president of the United States, that's who. Jesus Christ. He's always been an international embarrassment but this takes it to a whole new level.

Yeah, I've seen those headlines and wish there was a real and impartial investigation underway to gather all the evidence and get to the truth.

I don't blame Trump for not declaring Saudi Arabia guilty of murder and not cutting off Saudi Arabia at the knees at this moment.  

There's a lot at stake in terms of the power balance in the Middle East, and Turkey needs to pony up all the evidence in their hands (if they haven't already).

But, I do blame Trump for acting like a typical criminal defense attorney in the global public realm.  It reflects very poorly on the U.S. and sends a terrible and dangerous message to other world leaders, in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI - by HairOfTheDog - 10-17-2018, 10:38 AM