Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI
I also read that Trump, unsurprisingly, told reporters he found the Saudis ridiculous scapegoat cover story to be "credible".

All the comments I've read by other elected leaders in the U.S. and elsewhere indicate they find the story non-credible.

MBS has proven himself to be a dangerous loose cannon, to me. Trump and Kushner are going to regret promoting MBS as the Saudi savior and giving him so much leverage in the Middle East power balance.

Israel is tied to MBS as well, an alliance forged to counter Iran's power in the region. Netanyahu isn't speaking publicly about the Khashoggi murder nor the global condemnation of Saudi Arabia's handling of it.

The leadership in Iran is also staying mum on the Khashoggi incident. It can only help the more moderate Iranian leaders who've long dealt with the U.S. pretending like Saudi Arabia isn't as big a sponsor of what the US labels 'terrorism' as Iran.

Turkey has reportedly not yet turned over the audio and video evidence of Khashoggi's murder. Erdogan is a ruthless dictator himself and has been fucked over in his relationship with the U.S. by MBS. Erdogan is holding all the cards right now.

Without Turkey, the Saudis would never have admitted that Khashoggi was murdered by Saudis , no doubt about that. I hope Erdogan doesn't make a deal with Saudi Arabia and the U.S. to bury evidence (for a huge price).

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI - by HairOfTheDog - 10-20-2018, 01:02 PM