Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI
(11-20-2018, 11:13 PM)BigMark Wrote: Instead of making up a story and lying about it, Trump admitted it was in our interests not to do anything that would affect hundreds of millions of people over one death. It's called being callous and pragmatic.

Trump's not being any more honest than Presidents before him who have given Saudi Arabia a pass on human rights violations, even when the Saudis have cost the lives of American citizens and U.S. residents.

But Trump is publicly undermining his own intelligence agencies, defying Congress, feigning ignorance, endangering journalists, and giving a pass to a young defacto leader who has proven to be a fatally reckless ruler and a bad/bald-faced liar. 

MBS is not the man to whom the U.S. should hitch its wagon; I don't care if Kushner and Trump have invested a couple of years propping and buddying up to MBS.  This particular crown prince is a  dangerous loose cannon and the U.S. will pay the price for enabling him, in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't think the U.S. should cut off all ties to Saudi Arabia - that might impact hundreds of millions of people.  I do think the U.S. should denounce MBS for what objective experts and observers are confident he did, and cultivate a relationship with a better/wiser Saudi leader with whom to partner in regards to Middle Eastern policy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAUDI ARABIA & THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JOURNALIST JAMAL KHASHOGGI - by HairOfTheDog - 11-21-2018, 12:07 AM