Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(04-07-2011, 03:11 AM)imsuchawildflower Wrote:
(04-06-2011, 02:01 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote:
(04-06-2011, 12:22 PM)curious Wrote: [color=#FF1493]I find it extremely hard to believe JC was prescribed Percocet on Dec. 17 for a knee injury sustained over three years ago. My grandfather was an orthopedic surgeon and when I asked about this, he said if it was from a knee injury it would only be prescribed after a surgery and not for on going pain as over 90% of injuries sustained to the knee that do not require surgery are given an anti-inflammorty drug, to reduce swelling, not a pain reliever which would only mask
the pain temporarily.

i am on the fence with this. While i had a knee injury and did have as your grandfather said they gave me anti-inflammorty drugs for years till they did surgery and then was given pain meds for that. The pain meds for the knee surgery i was given was about 3 months if i remember right. (it was almost 10 years ago) However, the pain meds i take now are for an injury i sustained from a car accident over two years ago. Patients go through something called pain management. NOW i don't believe Johnny was doing this for a knee injury at all. But injuries can be treated with pain medication over a long period of time and not just anti-inflammorty drugs depending on the injury. i am speaking from my personal experience on both a knee injury and back injury.

My husband recently had his 3rd knee surgery. Original injury was a high
school football injury that blew out his entire knee, leaving nothing holding it together other than skin. 2 subsequent knee surgeries were done
orthosopically (spelling) and were extensive to clean up scar tissue,
cysts and the third to remove more cartilage and scar tissue. He will be
having a full knee replacement sometime this year.
Anyway....onto the pain management. Before the second surgery
(I didnt know my husband when he was in hs), he went nearly 3 years
taking pain medications, to put off the surgery. We didnt have decent
insurance, so pain management was the word of the day. He was
prescribes quite a few different drugs, trying to find one that would help
This was before the days of oxycodone/oxycontin. He was Rx'd Vicodin,
Percodan, Darvocet, Percocet, Tramodol, Tylenol 3 and several other
generics and old school drugs. Mostly, they made him continue in pain,
but made him high enough to not care, or put him to sleep. While waiting
for his most recent knee surgery (september), he was in quite a bit of
pain due to torn cartilage (lost 47% of it) and a fractured tibia (at the
top of the bone where it supports the knee). Again, he was Rx'd the
same drugs as before while waiting. He waited for 8 weeks for that
surgery due to insurance requirements for the surgery go ahead.
I believe Maytee when she says JC was prescribed percocet for an old
injury. Especially if he had inadequate insurance for surgery. (as was our
case with the 2nd surgery...they Rx'd drugs for over 3 years over and over
because we couldnt afford the surgery and lacked proper insurance)
Thats my two sense worth on this...I completely believe her on this.

I have zero insurance and pay for everything out of my pocket and pay for my medication out of my pocket. i made arrangements with my doctor who is a pain management doctor for a reduced fee. I understand you did what you did for your situation. But i don't feel i need to believe maytee. I've been without insurance for over a year and i've been able to keep myself under doctors care just the same.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by heartbreaker6713 - 04-07-2011, 09:16 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM