Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hurricane Irene
(08-25-2011, 03:16 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Forget about Cracker . . . she's using Mexicans to board her windows.

28 Cracker sent me this pic of her house----->

[Image: t1main.irene.preparations.gi.jpg]

Where is her whip? How can one effectively train a minority without that special blend of psychology and violence?

LC, the local LE on Galveston Island told residents to gtfo or pick up an ID kit (including toe tags with instructions to tie them on) to strongly urge them to evac early. A friend of mine who had a house in Tiki Island wanted one, but they didn't really exist. Would have been all kinds of cool though. The horror stories out of the island...unreal! I still remember some very sad stories.

On a happier note, I drove with a friend to Orlando to take her daughters car to her. Daughter worked at Disney. Naturally we stayed several days. During that we got caught in hurricane Wilma. Not even a blip! It was a smaller storm, yeah, but nothing stopped til the last moment, and everything was back to normal by noon next day. Kinda funny. Of course, it's hard to worry about a storm when goofy calls the hotel room with warning and tips...
(08-25-2011, 02:07 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Do you want me to change the course of the hurricane?

Yes, please. I'm sick & a little frightened. I really don't have time for this. Thanks!

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-25-2011, 03:55 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i always told the Sheriff we should issue toe-tags for people who decided to stay at the beaches. they could just write their names on them and tie them on. save us the trouble of ID after. [/b]

I feel the same way. Every time we get an ocean storm there is always some group of fucking idiots that think it's really cool to go out on the Rock jetty s that we have in Rye and Hampton, and almost every time we get an ocean storm, the Coast Guard has to go and rescue the fucking idiots that got washed off the jetty.

(08-25-2011, 03:06 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: where are you Cracker? are you getting hit now? i know there are evacuations in coastal areas of Carolinas.

Hot as Hades here today. Not a cloud in the sky. We aren't supposed to get any rain until the weekend.

I have family in coastal NC, but haven't heard anything, so can't be too bad yet.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(08-25-2011, 04:03 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: 28 Cracker sent me this pic of her house----->

[Image: t1main.irene.preparations.gi.jpg]

The only Mexican at my house is a Chihuahua. If the storm comes, he's going outside. Maybe he'll end up in his homeland. Mean little fucker.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(08-25-2011, 02:31 PM)Fibonacci Prima Wrote: Fill up containers with water and freeze them now. Our best Ike investment was a camp stove. Made everything from heating soup to making coffee or tea possible. (French press coffee was a lifesaver as well.). I
Stock up, hunker down and good luck! :-)

We are in southeast NC. I think we will be among the first hit in the US, but we are far enough inland to not worry about major damage. Funny Prima, I just froze several quart-sized freezer bags with water and when I logged on, your post was the first thing I saw. Also, we already have camping supplies, since we like to camp. Last night we found our French press, camp stove and old-style coffee pot among the boxes we are still unpacking. The coffee pot works great to boil water to use in the French press. We have plenty of propane, but for the large grill and the camp stove. The only thing left is to get my husband to go out and put gas in my car. I am a Jersey girl, and I really do not know how to pump gas. Besides the fact that I don't want to learn.

I went out and bought some extra canned soup, bottles of water, batteries, etc. We have plenty of cat and dog food.
I didn't have power for 8 days after Charley. It was so hot and muggy that I slept in the car with the AC running with the Newfounland every night, those type of dogs can't handle the heat and he was a big pain in the ass. We didn't even have time to evacuate or prepare because they said it was going to Tampa and it turned at the last minute it went through Orlando as a catagory 4.
Does a Newfound fart much?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Does a Newfound fart much?
Have you found that you fart much?
Do smarts mean much?
I hope it doesn't rain much!
I hope it doesn't get bad for you people tomorrow night. Make sure you have what you need. Don't wait until the last second. You need water, food, a source of light, and a way to get the hell out if it comes to that.

Anybody want to make bets on if/where there will be looting?
I am in the NE part of NC. I had to battle the evacuating tourists to take my dog and cat to the Vet. this morning. My husband stopped at the store to pick up milk on his way home from work today and laughed because the entire bread aisle was empty. He was also disappointed that the beer section was roped off thanks to the state of emergency.

I was supposed to go to the store tomorrow morning, but I am not going to bother. There isn't going to be anything left. We have a stocked pantry and lots of batteries already though, so we should be ok. I hated running to grab stuff before a hurricane when I lived in FL, so I learned to just keep a stock pile of supplies already on hand. The only thing we are missing is a generator. We just bought this house a year ago and we haven't saved the money to buy one of those yet.

My family is driving to relatives in the DC area tomorrow night just for the storm. The houses here are not build with hurricanes in mind. Plus, we live in a flood zone. The only thing that I am worried about is that we can't take bird with us. I am taking the 2 dogs and the cat though.
PLEASE EVERYONE STAY SAFE AND CHECK IN IF UR IN TE PATH OF THIS HURRICANE! Smiley_emoticons_wink

My father is in NY due to work. He is over by the falls, THANK GOD!
I live in Upstate NY and we are getting all kinds of warnings. I never thought I would have to worry about a hurricane living in NY. We could get as much as 6 inches or rain and 75 mph winds on Sunday. Crazy.

Everyone be safe!!!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

*sigh* I live on the Delmarva Peninsula.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Be safe Duchess!! I heard on the news this morning that you are in the path. Do the horses freak out? Are they acting funny now? What do you do to protect them?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
How about some music for the event?