Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
REMAINS FOUND Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6. AZ missing
Once again the comments here are my opinion only. This is the first half of the local interview given by Rebecca and Sergio Celis.

I watched the video, the only question they answered directly was by Tom McNamara, "Anchor Tom McNamara: Several media outlets have consulted forensic psychologists who have been watching your appearances, who have been watching what you say. Their conclusion is you're not telling us everything you know. Do you know where Isabel is?

Rebecca: No.

Sergio: No."

This leads me to believe that they in fact do NOT know where Isa is. That doesn't mean they don't know who took her [dead or alive] but that they don't know where Isa or her body is currently. If the neighbor heard mens voices at 6:30, it could be that Isa was removed by an accomplice (or actually kidnapped) and the Celises have not been told where she is.

Then Rebecca goes on a rant about being a "private" person and directs the audience to "ask anyone" about how she behaves. These statements come very early into the interview. Focusing the interview on Rebecca, her feelings and her actions-completely nullifying her statements of not wanting to be the focus of the media. Sergio then jumps in with statements about the investigation, and how they are "frustrated" by it. Frustrated? How about terrified, distraught, worried? Frustrated sounds like something you'd say about a missing dog or letter, not your child.

When asked about the polygraph tests: Rebecca: "We are not allowed to discuss any of that." Sergio: "As far as we are aware, we are not allowed to speak about that, and we are not allowed to answer specifics on those kind of investigative questions, to protect the integrity of the investigation. I'm sorry."

Maybe LC can shed some light on this, but how can it compromise an investigation to say "We both passed the polygraph"? The fact that the parents have not been ruled out after being tested speaks volumes.

They are then asked why they are not out in front publicly searching for their daughter. Rebecca: "This is not where we want to be. I am not comfortable here. I am not comfortable in front of the camera. I don't like this. At all."

Sergio: "Neither one of us."

Rebecca makes it all about herself again-telling us she is not comfortable. Her daughter is missing, possibly kidnapped for God knows what and Rebecca isn't comfortable? Rebecca goes on another tirade about her feelings, telling us what she doesn't want to do. She does mention Isa by name once in the past tense "I wanted to be with Isabel", then goes on to say "I want her with us, sitting".

The reporter then asks what the parents would say to Isabel.

Sergio: We miss you so much. We want you back. We miss you so much. Your brothers miss you so much. We are willing to do anything and everything we can. We are part of the volunteer groups, and we are going to be at these benefits, and we are going to be out in front.

Rebecca: We always will love you too much. Just come home. We are out there putting up fliers with the volunteers. It's not something that we need necessarily to have everyone see us do it. We are going to do the softball, they are going to do a softball tournament.

OK, Sergio at least says that her brothers miss her, and that they are willing to do everything to bring her home. Then goes on to talk about how "We" are volunteering, benefits and being out front. Rebecca says that "We will always love you too much" and tells her missing daughter to "Just come home." and goes on about a softball tourney. They really say nothing to Isa-and go on about themselves and their activities at some length. Your daughter is missing for two weeks and all you can say is "We miss you so much. We want you back" and "We always will love you too much. Just come home."? How the hell is Isa supposed to "come home" if she has been kidnapped and is being held by her captors? What about the "love you too much" line? How does a parent love a child "too much"?

Dear God then Sergio continues to talk about himself, in speaking about a benefit concert for Isa. Sergio is actually going to perform at the concert.

The rubber really hits the road when the reporter asks "what do you say to people who say you've played a role in your daughter's disappearance?"
Rebecca: "We are strong enough to take it and there is nothing you are going to find on us. Go for it. At the end of the day Isabel will be home and we'll know who did this." Then goes on to talk about all the praying that is going on. It sounds like Rebecca has thrown down the gauntlet when she states "there is nothing you are going to find on us". That statement doesn't say that they had no role in their daughters disappearance [or death], just that no one will find anything on them. Very interesting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6. AZ missing - by Cheyne - 05-06-2012, 12:07 PM
RE: Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6. AZ missing - by Kip - 05-16-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6. AZ missing - by Kip - 05-16-2012, 10:39 PM