Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I was on the bus...
....Because my old car is in the shop and I was coming back home from shopping in the city. So I'm sitting and I notice this average looking middle aged guy sitting near the front and he's looking at the women going past him....quite intently...a bit too intently, I think to myself.

So we are all on the bus and other people on the bus are starting to notice this guy eyeballing all the women as they go past him to get on or off the bus. Anyway the journey continues the bus stops and two girls get on, the first girl pays and goes upstairs and the second girl goes to pay. I glance at her and she's an attractive girl ok, I only glanced but she was young (late teens/very early twenties) and attractive with dark brown hair dressed fashionably and smartly I can't expand on that I just glanced.

The guy at the front of the bus stares at her intently as she walks past and as she goes up the staircase to join her friend this guy stands up. He walks over to the bottom of the stairs with the obvious intention of looking up at her arse.

As he does this several passengers and me look at each other and raise their eyes and shake our heads. Then me being me (sometimes an asshole who actively seeks out confrontation) decide to voice my and the other passengers opinion on his behaviour. I stood up and said “oi! You dirty old bastard quit leching at all the women and girls she was old enough to be your daughter!”

Then midwest spy sat back down when he realised we were all wise to his leching!

Lol.

Seriously though the above incident did happen to me today but, no, it wasn't midwest spy!

It was just another dirty old man.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I don't understand why some people care so much about what other people are doing.

And to go so far as to confront an old man in public for what he's simply looking at. That seems like just a case of attention-seeking nosy soup-chickenry.

To me, it's none of my effin' business who or what someone is looking at as long as no one is being threatened, hurt or violated.

Funny story, though. Really. Lol.
Nice bouncy.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
This drama thread is awesome; it really has legs.

All it needs is a little theme music.

You did the right thing CN, that took guts! I would have wanted to do it, but I don't think that I would have. I hate confrontation....and to be honest, I get scared, especially of confronting men.
(01-24-2014, 04:03 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Then me being me (sometimes an asshole who actively seeks out confrontation) decide to voice my and the other passengers opinion on his behaviour.

Bravo motherfucker, you saved the day.

Sometimes I think your thought process comes from your ass. You're still chastising me over the beer box thread that was a legitimate complaint. Christ, you weren't joking when you said you hope to live long enough to tell your grandkids about it. And now you start a thread about how you harassed some old guy on the bus in an attempt to show off in front of a bunch of strangers? Do you ever stop to think about what a jackass you are?
I think you are missing the point, he was a pervert who was going out of his way to invade a young girls intimate privacy. he crossed the line, he was out of order, and he was put in his place. What if that was your daughter?
As much as this is hard to admit, I think OP did the right thing here. As long as the perv was sitting there and just watching, no big deal, but getting up and actively trying to get an up skirt peek is Way over the line ans Yes, if I saw it I would definitely take it as my business.
Consider this: YOU get on a bus and some old perv is trying to look up your skirt, do you want a guy like me and OP (in this case only) to call him out?
Or, just let it ride and then when he gets off the bus at your stop and follows you off down the street......
And in this case the vocal interruption does two things: it makes the potential perv know people are watching and draws attention to the unfolding situation (possibly defusing any other nefarious intent) and lets the girls, who are probably creeped out and a little nervous, know that people are aware of what's going on. The guy was past the creeper line when he got up and moved to get a better look.
Guys stare at me everywhere I go. If you've ever been in a gym you would know that guys flock over like pigeons when they see a girl doing bent over rows. You will also catch them staring at your crotch if you do the incline chest press. So what, it doesn't mean they're going to follow you out of the gym and rape you behind the building. Unless someone is trying to put there hands on me I don't need any attention seeking idiot to call them out and make it even more embarrassing.

Meh. I pretty much don't care & I sincerely doubt I'd need a stranger to defend my virtue unless the perv had me flat on my back and was attempting a rape. Most attractive women are quite used to being looked at, both full on leching & discreetly.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-25-2014, 11:40 AM)sally Wrote: Guys stare at me everywhere I go.

(Yes of course do! we all know how fucking irresistable you are! Oh lord its hard to be humble! Jesus)

If you've ever been in a gym you would know that guys flock over like pigeons when they see a girl doing bent over rows.

(They do? What a bunch of lecherous fucking pervs!)

You will also catch them staring at your crotch if you do the incline chest press.

(They do? What a bunch of lecherous fucking pervs!)

So what, it doesn't mean they're going to follow you out of the gym and rape you behind the building.

(By the same token it doesn't mean they won't either does it? One thing a lot of sex offenders have in common is they are “watchers” they love going out and just watching and ogling people. Creepy. You obviously enjoy being ogled by lecherous perverts, most women don't. You will very rarely hear a woman say “this bloke was staring at me and didn't find it creepy at all in fact in kind of enjoyed it!)
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(01-24-2014, 05:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't understand why some people care so much about what other people are doing.

And to go so far as to confront an old man in public for what he's simply looking at. That seems like just a case of attention-seeking nosy soup-chickenry.

To me, it's none of my effin' business who or what someone is looking at as long as no one is being threatened, hurt or violated.

Funny story, though. Really. Lol.

I'm shocked! Hotdog disagrees with me......again.

He wasn't just looking though was he? No he was being a perv and everyone on the bus agreed. If he was doing nothing wrong he would have said so but went he bright red and put his head down. He KNEW he was doing something wrong and so did everyone on the bus.

The problem in this country is people don't speak out enough and I encourage everyone to speak out when you see something that you know in your heart is not right. Its got sweet fuck all with being a drama queen or attention seeker.

If you see in old pervert put the fucker in his place don't kid yourself they aren't doing anything wrong because they are.
When I agree with you, I'll say so, CN. When I don't, I'll say so too. That shouldn't surprise you or anyone here. We seem to view life very differently, not shocking that we're gonna have differences of opinion.

I guess how you view the OP "confrontation" depends on experience and personality.

I'd not expect nor would I want a stranger to make a scene on my behalf because a man was getting an eyeful from me on the bus, or while walking past a construction site, or at the grocery store... (if my boyfriend was there and he noticed it and got all verbal, I'd understand that, but still wouldn't need or want that reaction).

Never would have wanted such unnecessary intervention by a stranger when I was a young adult and wouldn't find it necessary or admirable on my 19 year-old niece's behalf under those circumstances either. We'd both probably consider the guy a creepy perv, whether or not he was older than our fathers, but wouldn't consider being checked out hard in a public place a situation in need of diffusing. Neither of us is the type that sees ourselves as damsels in distress or victims or having been violated by such a non-threatening experience and wouldn't be looking for rescue from the self-appointed citizen's morality or thought police.

In the OP case, had the women asked or signaled for help, or they'd confronted him, or he'd verbally or physically threatened them in any way, that's when I'd consider it my business and not hesitate to get involved.

A stranger to the women in the OP turning it into a confrontation with another stranger over staring wasn't diffusing a situation, it was starting unnecessary drama for the benefit of the interventionist, IMO. I'd feel that way regardless of who the stranger interventionist was under the described circumstances, but respect that others instead see it as a brave and moral feat. Different strokes...
(01-24-2014, 10:24 PM)sally Wrote: Bravo motherfucker, you saved the day.

Sometimes I think your thought process comes from your ass. You're still chastising me over the beer box thread that was a legitimate complaint. Christ, you weren't joking when you said you hope to live long enough to tell your grandkids about it. And now you start a thread about how you harassed some old guy on the bus in an attempt to show off in front of a bunch of strangers? Do you ever stop to think about what a jackass you are?

Yes because dropping beer and putting a pervert in his place publically are the same thing aren't they?

The nicotine withdrawal has made you even more fucking stupid.

“Harrassed an old guy”?! What are you fucking talking about you numbskull? You actually feel sorry for a pervert getting up to get a better look up a young womans skirt?!
(01-25-2014, 12:20 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: The problem in this country is people don't speak out enough and I encourage everyone to speak out when you see something that you know in your heart is not right. Its got sweet fuck all with being a drama queen or attention seeker.

Oh give me a fucking break. If I spoke up every time I saw a guy going out his way to ogle a woman it would be several times a week. The beach, the mall, the gym, the grocery store, driving while staring at women jogging.... I'm sure they're all rapists.

You are indeed an attention seeking drama queen.
She should have chucked a sootikin at him.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-25-2014, 08:51 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: YOU get on a bus and some old perv is trying to look up your skirt, do you want a guy like me and OP (in this case only) to call him out?

No, I don't need a macho midget and a wannabe Dirty Harry to make a scene just because some old dude is checking me out on the bus.
(01-25-2014, 01:25 PM)Maggot Wrote: She should have chucked a sootikin at him.

hah

Ever since I learned the term "sootikin" here, whenever I see it come up in a post, that crappy Phil Collins' song Sussudio starts playing in my mind, with a slight change in lyrics.

Try it:

Ah, she's all I need all of my life
I feel so good if I just say the word
Soo-sootikin I just say the word
Oh soo-sootikin I just say the word
Oh soo-sootikn I'll say the word
Soo-sootikin oh oh oh
Just say the word

Damn that sootikin!
(01-25-2014, 01:35 PM)sally Wrote:
(01-25-2014, 08:51 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: YOU get on a bus and some old perv is trying to look up your skirt, do you want a guy like me and OP (in this case only) to call him out?

No, I don't need a macho midget and a wannabe Dirty Harry to make a scene just because some dude is checking me out on the bus.

I wouldn't want anyone, man or woman, presuming me to be so needy as to want that kind of intervention (supposedly on my behalf) either.