HAVE YOU SEEN IT?
A $100 million dollar stealth fighter jet is missing after the pilot safely bailed out. Is it in your backyard?  Sarcastic

How the hell does a jet go missing?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The stealth technology works? (shrugs).
Is the military banned from using Apple Air Tags?

I dunno . . . just the name seems to be a perfect use and application for this product.

Could be radar wasn't set to the proper "diversity and inclusion" settings . . . for such a unique aircraft.
I can't help but wonder why a 100 million dollar jet doesn't have some kind of GPS that can be tracked. That's just a thought, because really, WTF do I know.  
I dunno.  

If it sends any signal, it kinda defeats being stealth . . . as, therefore, it can be tracked by anyone.

Seems like a perfect exercise for AI.  Crunch the "numbers" of altitude, speed, direction and environmental factors (to name a few) and reconstruct possible crash site locations.

Unless the math is racist . . . and AI hasn't been coded with proper sensitivity programming.

* * Queue Thomas Dolby's - One of Our Submarines is Missing * *
I haven't seen it.
But I did see a long line of starlink satellites the other night.

(09-18-2023, 10:09 AM)MirahM Wrote: But I did see a long line of starlink satellites the other night.

That is being talked about around here too!
Where's that goddamn jet!  Taz
(09-18-2023, 01:28 PM)Duchess Wrote: Where's that goddamn jet!  Taz

Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground. - James Taylor
(09-18-2023, 01:28 PM)Duchess Wrote: Where's that goddamn jet!  Taz

Dancing in the street.

It took them 24 hours to find that jet.

I have questions.  Dramaqueen

It bothers me a lot that a pilot ejected and the jet flew on, just continued flying into the wild blue yonder. Luckily it didn't crash into a community for fucks sake.
stuff happens, puff puff pass...
(09-19-2023, 02:33 PM)BigMark Wrote:  puff puff pass...

Poser!   

[Image: 16eyi2.jpg?a470664]
i smoke infrequently, like it though.
I'm so surprised! I've never viewed you as someone who would puff a little weed. 
we smoked in elementary school at the backstop, smoked for 30 years. wake and bake...
(09-19-2023, 01:36 PM)Duchess Wrote: I have questions.  Dramaqueen

It bothers me a lot that a pilot ejected and the jet flew on, just continued flying into the wild blue yonder. 

Allegedly . . . allegedly . . . AI is also capable of flying this jet . . . without a human in the cockpit.

It is unlikely the military or manufacturer would reveal this fact.

Who knows?  Maybe it was AI that malfunctioned and ejected the pilot.

My guess: The official cause will be "pilot error".

If not, Lockheed Martin is on the hook and our new Gen 5 jets will be out of service.
I hope it's still under warranty. Sarcastic
(09-19-2023, 09:28 PM)rothschild Wrote: I hope it's still under warranty. Sarcastic

Lockheed Martin . . . putting the "war" in warranty.
(09-20-2023, 10:58 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 09:28 PM)rothschild Wrote: I hope it's still under warranty. Sarcastic

Lockheed Martin . . . putting the "war" in warranty.

Here's a fairly short essay written by Major General Smedley Butler, the most highly decorated marine at the time of his passing, and two-time recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor.

https://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html