Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What keeps you sane?
I have a few things that keep me going.
I think everyone has a couple of things that keep them from stepping in front of a speeding bus, you know, the things that make it worth it, the things that keep you from losing your mind.
I'm not talking about friends and family and all that mushy shit, I'm talking about selfish, me, me, me, do it just for yourself stuff that keeps you from being the murder/suicide top story on the six o'clock news.
Here is one of my passions that help me keep it together, not my shitty, mold infested, dank, damp, cold, cluttered, basement either, it's the bikes. Riding, and working on them.
The one in my basement is in the middle of being rebuilt.
[Image: 230d5bb2.jpg]

OK, you caught me, I just wanted to show off my shitty basement.Smiley_emoticons_slash
You could start your own little business.

Dance...Riding...Shopping...Mock...Gardening...Anything outdoors
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
OIC...Like a hobby?

I guess my hobby right now is my website. I recently added some new buttons & built a fanpage + an ad on FB for it. The webhost gave me a $25 FB ad credit, so I'm going to try it out.
Got some new stores for the mall page too.

So you build / rebuild bikes. That's cool.
I will not be participating at this forum.
This is a toxic place. Goodbye.
I'm as sane as they come, but jogging, working out, drinking beer, and masturbating usually will relax me.
my computer keeps me (relatively) sane, and having a purpose.

I find that working out gives me that "feel good" aura. It was tough for the few weeks after they hooked up my foot when I wasn't able to work out.

Sanity is overrated anyway ha!
Yeah, I'm as sane as they come too, but if not for the few things that keep my mind busy I'd jump out of 90th floor window and do a swan dive into the pavement. But first I'd have to build something with 90 floors and that could take awhile.
Everybody has some selfish little niche that keeps them going, even if it's just taking the long way home from work so you can enjoy a pop and half of your CD before you get back to being the dad, mom, husband, or wife or whatever.
Me, I go ride my bikes.
It used to be riding horses for me. Then it was horses and motorcycles. Now it's swimming in the summer and puttering around on the computer with my websites. Playing with my dogs and cats gives me mental down time and getting my hands on a good book is a great escape.
Books!

Right now I am reading a Physics refresher book. But it's only for reading on the toliet. Don't you dare laugh Smiley_emoticons_fies
Too late! 28
Does anyone else find that physics helps things "come out" easier? Raise your hand if you're with me!
I hang from high places on the end of a cranes bull line you would be surprised how sane you get when your 90 feet in the air either tied to something or not.

but then again some people wonder if your sane to do that kind of shit?

they have no idea !
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(12-28-2009, 07:51 PM)twisteroo Wrote: I have a few things that keep me going.
I think everyone has a couple of things that keep them from stepping in front of a speeding bus, you know, the things that make it worth it, the things that keep you from losing your mind.
I'm not talking about friends and family and all that mushy shit, I'm talking about selfish, me, me, me, do it just for yourself stuff that keeps you from being the murder/suicide top story on the six o'clock news.
Here is one of my passions that help me keep it together, not my shitty, mold infested, dank, damp, cold, cluttered, basement either, it's the bikes. Riding, and working on them.
The one in my basement is in the middle of being rebuilt.
[Image: 230d5bb2.jpg]

OK, you caught me, I just wanted to show off my shitty basement.Smiley_emoticons_slash

Nice hobby.

To keep sane I stare at colonial coins and fantasize about being Wolverine.
86 112
(12-28-2009, 07:51 PM)twisteroo Wrote: OK, you caught me, I just wanted to show off my shitty basement.Smiley_emoticons_slash

Can't see the bike too clearly, but that looks like a sweet 360 workstand you have for it. =D

And to answer your question... well, I guess my computer. I can always find something to do on my computer.
(12-28-2009, 08:53 PM)Julie Wrote: Does anyone else find that physics helps things "come out" easier? Raise your hand if you're with me!

It's not 'The Dancing Wu Li Masters' is it?
My friends and family keep me sane, my friends are even more fucked up than me which helps.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Another hamster joke in 1... 2... 3...
Making arrangements on my piano or playing my guitar till my fingers hurt, playing blues on my harmonica.

And my banana sticker collection on the refridgerator.:B
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-29-2009, 11:17 AM)Maggot Wrote: Making arrangements on my piano or playing my guitar till my fingers hurt, playing blues on my harmonica.

A musician! The many layers of Maggot...