Homeless
Are there homeless people in your area? Do you ignore them or do you interact with them? Do you give them money?

Atlanta has scary homeless folks. They come at you after dark, especially if you stop for gas in a poor neighborhood. I ignore those folks so they don't slit my throat. I don't ignore the homeless on the streets during the day if I happen to be carrying cash. I have five bucks for your lunch, even if it will be a liquid lunch or crack.

I feel badly having bedrooms and a bathroom nobody uses. Not badly enough to move in a homeless person, but it does occur to me.

If the people who are able but just lazy would do for themselves, we would have more resources to help those truly in need. It must truly suck to sleep outside.

Can you imagine not having house keys? How do we allow this in our society? We are selfish.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(04-15-2011, 10:51 PM)Cracker Wrote: How do we allow this in our society? We are selfish.

Wait, you just argued in another post for reducing taxes for upper income folks.

So you're saying you'd gladly pay more taxes to help the homeless? Awink
Commando Cunt Queen
My buddy Randy is homeless and pulls his own teeth. Nice guy but has a rats nest for hair.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'd like to separate the able from the unable. I'd put the able in fields picking strawberries and kick out the illegal immigrants.
Commando Cunt Queen
many homeless people would prefer to be homeless. Not that most people can relate to that but it's true.
I don't think we have homeless the way you guys do in America. But I think we still have it but it is not as visible.
(04-15-2011, 10:55 PM)username Wrote:
(04-15-2011, 10:51 PM)Cracker Wrote: How do we allow this in our society? We are selfish.

Wait, you just argued in another post for reducing taxes for upper income folks.

So you're saying you'd gladly pay more taxes to help the homeless? Awink

Hell, no. If we all paid our fair share, there would be plenty to go around.

How do we have homeless people? I would rather provide for an elderly drunk than JsMom.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(04-15-2011, 11:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: many homeless people would prefer to be homeless. Not that most people can relate to that but it's true.

I'm not sure I believe that. It gets fucking cold where you are. I'm sure many homeless people don't like being responsible in the way that most of us are, but I doubt they like being cold and exposed all the time. I don't think you can ever learn to love hunger and deprivation.
When you say "homeless" it does not mean they have no home. When we as a society look at them we say "look at that poor slob" but we look at them through our expectations. I have known many "homeless" people and they are usually loners and do not want any help. They believe they are doing fine but will take any handout and say "thank you"
It does not make them bad just independant. I have a guy living in a tent working 40 hrs a week. He is homeless but likes it that way. Its really about perception.
An old lady in the homeless movie I'm watching just said the difference between us and them is that we have friends and family to support us when we need help and they don't. She said we would be in a world of shit without our friends and family. She's probably right.

Your friend is a hobo, Maggot, and is employed and chooses to live that way. Homeless people have nowhere to go and no resources. It's different. Most of them are unemployed and unemployable.

I hate it for some people. If I didn't have a little one to finish raising, I think I would be a hermit somewhere where I didn't have to see the world's pain.
We take our lives and say "this is how I live' and pretend that that is the way everyone lives. Looking at people with sad puppy eyes we say "I need to make their life better" 9 times outta 10 they would rather be left alone. Whatever happened to that guy with the Golden voice? He is probably standing on the corner again. That is his choice. Liberals refuse to see the reality of things and will run out of breath trying to change a person. Sad but true.
(04-15-2011, 11:21 PM)Cracker Wrote: I hate it for some people. If I didn't have a little one to finish raising, I think I would be a hermit somewhere where I didn't have to see the world's pain.

This is how homeless people start...............they are very independant creatures. They have bags of pride.
(04-15-2011, 11:12 PM)Cracker Wrote: How do we have homeless people? I would rather provide for an elderly drunk than JsMom.

JsMom isn't an elderly drunk? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
Commando Cunt Queen
They are all over the place in DC -- practically sleeping on the White House lawn.

I usually don't make a habit of give them money (I hardly carry cash anyways), but I will buy them food, smokes, coffee, etc., from time-to-time.

Also, when DC got pounded with 2+ feet of snow last year (and a few other times when it was really cold) I would pay for a couple nights stay at cheap motel.

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." - George Bernard Shaw Smiley_emoticons_fies
    A lot of homeless people are mentally ill. A guy that I went to high school with has been struggling with depression and bipolar disorder. He lived in a comfortable home but walked away from it one night. His family frantically looked for him for weeks and just recently found him living on the streets. He refuses to come home.

I will usually give a homeless person money too if I am in a safe area. On the flip side, I never realized what a cluster fuck the Sect 8 program was until I took a new job a couple months ago. I work for a firm that buys/sells/rents foreclosures for investors (most of them from overseas). The preferred tenant is one with a Sect 8 voucher since that is guaranteed on-time rent. We will turn down a qualified employed applicant in favor of someone with a Sect 8 voucher in hand. I always pictured Sect 8 homes being dirty housing projects but we rent NICE homes to these folks. Some of the vouchers are $1000+. The more kids they have, the more the voucher is - so a lot of these people breed like rabbits and have 4 or more kids.

Luckily I work in the procurement and closing side so I don't have to deal with the tenants but I get to hear about it all the time. The Sect 8 tenants are the ones that bitch the most, hands down. They have this messed up sense of entitlement and I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying "it is FREE! Quit your bitching." A LOT of them are supposed to be single moms but have able-bodied men living there too. These people know how to work the system and it really pisses me off sometimes.

I don't know what the answer is because there really aren't jobs for these people but low income, uneducated people should not be rewarded for having more and more illegitimate children. They should be penalized for it.

(04-15-2011, 11:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: Liberals refuse to see the reality of things and will run out of breath trying to change a person. Sad but true.

And conservatives will find WMD and Jesus where they don't exist. WTF are you talking about?
Commando Cunt Queen
(04-15-2011, 10:51 PM)Cracker Wrote: Are there homeless people in your area? Do you ignore them or do you interact with them? Do you give them money?

Atlanta has scary homeless folks. They come at you after dark, especially if you stop for gas in a poor neighborhood. I ignore those folks so they don't slit my throat. I don't ignore the homeless on the streets during the day if I happen to be carrying cash. I have five bucks for your lunch, even if it will be a liquid lunch or crack.

I feel badly having bedrooms and a bathroom nobody uses. Not badly enough to move in a homeless person, but it does occur to me.

If the people who are able but just lazy would do for themselves, we would have more resources to help those truly in need. It must truly suck to sleep outside.

Can you imagine not having house keys? How do we allow this in our society? We are selfish.

You fucking think to much, egg head.

You know everyone makes their own life, those who can't function are a burden to society as a whole, there is a fucking rule for that somewhere.

Give me a few I will find it.

Oh ya, natural selection, If those who can't function, are weak and do not contribute were allowed to do what is natural they would cease to be a burden much sooner.

until you have a thought about what is right and natural , rent your room to a college kid who may amount to something one day.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I can't watch that homeless, starving people stuff. Tears me up. Nina almost fixed that shit with her post, though.

WTF? Now losers are preferred? I was also wondering who was buying up all the foreclosed homes. Now I know. Don't we have a law regarding how much of our country foreign people/entities can own?

Maggot is wrong: I don't want to change everybody else. I will change what I can, my life. I don't want to have more stuff than I need. I should invite sally for a week. She's ruthless and would leave me with a couch and two spoons and a dog of which I'm not so fond...
Honestly, I hate to be fucking cold. That people have to live in the cold really bothers me. Homeless people aren't any worse than the Section 8 pieces of crap.
It must be awful to be homeless, think about it, being homeless. How devastating. How depressing, society looking down on you as though you are nothing and don't exist. God bless them.