Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
they "freed" the lobsters! aggggh!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 21 give them back! with melted butter! karma my ass!

[Image: monk-1.gif?et=sLwmPPaXNbYoaMN2aX%2BlIA&nmid=0]

[Image: article-0-0D49EDBC00000578-269_634x378.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0D49FBE400000578-619_634x430.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0D49EF7A00000578-340_634x412.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0D49FD9C00000578-852_634x409.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0D49FF5400000578-316_634x420.jpg]

Gloucester, Massachusetts

Lobster goes for about $11 a pound.Instead of plunging headfirst to their death in a pot of boiling water, 534 live lobsters escaped the dinner plate and belly flopped to freedom into the dark waters of the Atlantic Ocean.

A group of Tibetan Buddhists flanked the sides of a whale-watching boat at dusk on Wednesday, sprayed the lobsters with blessed water, clipped the bands binding their dangerous claws and gently released them one by one into the deep water below.

The 30 Buddhists of all ages trekked to the North Shore beach community known for its massive lobster hauls to purchase 600 pounds of lobster from a seafood wholesaler and save the critters from imminent death.

Cook led a ceremony ahead of the liberation that included prayers, mantras and walking the 13 boxes of lobsters in circles around a display of blessed objects.

These important steps develop a karmic connection for the animals' future lifetimes and help ease future suffering, she said.

Among those setting the lobsters free was Vikrant Bhasin, a chef from Cambridge, Mass., who called the life-giving experience 'beautiful.'

the lobster liberation was scheduled specifically for Aug. 3, which is Wheel Turning Day on this year's Tibetan lunar calendar, the anniversary of the first sermon Buddha taught. On this holiday, the merit for positive actions is multiplied many times.

'Even if they get captured again, they've had a longer life,' said Wendy Cook, a yoga instructor and former director at the Kurukulla Center for Tibetan Buddhist Studies in Medford, Mass., a town just north of Boston.

lobster karma~~

[Image: langoustes-03.gif]

[Image: 879753217_NzyNX-M.jpg]

[Image: 38757.jpg]

That is just a bit stupid, well not just a bit..........but if they bought them I guess they can do what they want with them. They will just be caught again and re-sold someday.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
our karma is to snarf them up Maggot! hah

There is a lobster glut on the market now. The guy up the street was selling them @ 4.50 lbs for 1 12 -2 pounders last weekend.
(08-05-2011, 09:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: There is a lobster glut on the market now. The guy up the street was selling them @ 4.50 lbs for 1 12 -2 pounders last weekend.

It would really be worth your time to load up a box truck and bring them to Georgia. I don't know how $4.50 turns into $19.95, but it does.

You can only stay here if you poop at the neighborhood Shell.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(08-05-2011, 10:22 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(08-05-2011, 09:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: There is a lobster glut on the market now. The guy up the street was selling them @ 4.50 lbs for 1 12 -2 pounders last weekend.

It would really be worth your time to load up a box truck and bring them to Georgia. I don't know how $4.50 turns into $19.95, but it does.

You can only stay here if you poop at the neighborhood Shell.

I do not hover well. The guy sells his seafood at the traffic circle near my work every Thursday, he cuts out the middlemen and sells the stuff his son catches.
Does anyone else find it ironic that the lady who was interviewed is named "Cook"?
I don't eat seafood much so I'm happy for the ugly things.

Commando Cunt Queen
I get my lobsters here in the desert in the winter time.

I just go catch a few.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

They scream when plunged into boiling water.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-06-2011, 05:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

They scream when plunged into boiling water.

You steam them, boiling them is wrong.

They scream when steamed.
no they don't you tree-hugging veggie-tarian. hah you take a sharp knife-point, and stick it between head and carapace to give them instant anesthesia by severing spinal cord. the delicious little buggers don't feel a thing. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I love me some shrimps. Nom Nom Nom
Maggot forgot to tell you that they should be steamed with ocean water.

anything else is sacrilegious and barbarian.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

The screaming is why I could never cook my own lobster.
(08-06-2011, 05:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I love me some shrimps. Nom Nom Nom

when living in florida i met the shrimp boat on fridays, got whole BIG shrimp, heads-on. i had to take them home and rip their little heads off. they would go "eek eek" ::bandance::

(08-06-2011, 05:36 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i had to take them home and rip their little heads off. they would go "eek eek" ::bandance::

There are spiders in your house.

(08-06-2011, 05:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 05:36 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i had to take them home and rip their little heads off. they would go "eek eek" ::bandance::

There are spiders in your house.

they go 'eek eek' too when i smash them to bloody hairy bits with my handy bedside baseball bat. 16::scared::Run128