Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat Americans... or not
Okay, I'm going to say something that I usually avoid since I'm not exactly a skinny young thing anymore, but I remember some photos that Mill posted of some event In Georgia and the majority of people were fucking enormous... I'm not mocking them for that, I'm just noting how extremely unhealthy many of them looked.

On the other hand, Sweet Pea over at 24 posted some vids she took this weekend of a parade up in the foothills outside of Sacramento, California and the people look normal to me. If you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DMpdtNh90E

Anyway, I was wondering if it's a regional thing. I know everyone laughs and points at Americans for being fat, but this is a pretty big difference. What about your area of the US, is there a large proportion of overweight people?
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Okay, I'm going to say something that I usually avoid since I'm not exactly a skinny young thing anymore, but I remember some photos that Mill posted of some event In Georgia and the majority of people were fucking enormous... I'm not mocking them for that, I'm just noting how extremely unhealthy many of them looked.
I pointed out to Mill in that thread that nearly everyone visible was morbidly obese and Imentioned the fact that there was not one single hispanic person visible in any of the photos.

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Obesity is a one of the many causes of cancer, he didn't see the irony of orca fat people going to a cancer charity drive.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
My husbands uncle said he has never seen so many fat ugly people untill he came to Florida. Of course he is one of those annoying bastards who come from another country and complain about everything from the food to the ugly women here and how it's so much better there. I guess he forgot that his own wife is a fucking hippo.
When I was on holiday at Daytona Beach me and my friends noticed the further you travelled inland the more obese people became. On the actual beach lots of very fit tanned people playing volleyball, at the malls lots of very fat pale people eating buckets of ice cream and sandwiches the size of laptops.

I remember one unforgettable day when we played beach volleyball with a group of stunning girls all day and then at night we had a beach party, no orgies, or drinking, or causing trouble just a perfect day.

N.B - It IS difficult trying to play competitive beach volleyball while trying to conceal an erection.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I see heavy people everywhere and it's fairly disturbing. Although, it's a real mixed bag by me. When I went to Tennessee a few years ago, it seemed far worse. There were really overweight people everywhere. When I went to a restaurant it was somewhat troubling to see so many giant people eating really fattening foods. It felt like 9 out of 10 people were 50-100 pounds overweight.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:I see heavy people everywhere and it's fairly disturbing. Although, it's a real mixed bag by me. When I went to Tennessee a few years ago, it seemed far worse. There were really overweight people everywhere. When I went to a restaurant it was somewhat troubling to see so many giant people eating really fattening foods. It felt like 9 out of 10 people were 50-100 pounds overweight.
I noticed that in Tennessee also. We went to Shoney's for breakfast and every person in there was obese. The girl sitting across from us had a mound of bacon on her plate covered in sunflower seeds and syrup. Thats all she had on her plate and she ate every bit of it and then went back for another plate of the same thing ::nuts::::bvomit::. Oh and people were smoking in there too which was weird to me because smoking in restaurants has been banned in FL. for some time now. I smoke and don't even want to be around it while I'm eating.
A great part of the problem is the food we eat.
Less people actually make a meal from scratch and fresh ingredients anymore and even less people actually know how to cook.

I see more families eating nearly every meal in a restaurant now than ever before. You should NOT have to wait in line to dine at Olive Garden or any other chain restaurant.

What's worse is those Lunch-ables ready to eat lunches that parents buy for kids to take to school.

It's the content in these 'prepared' foods. The most egregious is partially hydrogenated oils. This stuff never leaves your body... ever.

Most of the food we eat is unpronounceable and in my opinion, if you can't pronounce it, it is not food.

I started my recipe site because of this. Years ago we all could eat whatever we wanted and there were hardly any obese people out there. The chemical content in food was not what it is today too and we ate meals at home and going out was a treat.

Region has loads to do with it too. The south is notorious for fried foods and lots of sweets.

Restaurants serve gigantic portions - I can't tell you how many restaurants here boast a 24 ounce steak!!! Goddamn that's Fred Flintstone size!

Restaurants use hydrogenated oils to cook with too. Animal fats and other cheap things to gain more profit and enable them to store food longer and cheaper, thus the big plate of food.
People eat every bit on their plates most times too.

I also think people in poorer communities tend to eat more out of some type of comfort or compensation for whatever they may be lacking in their lives. Food is cheap and easy to get unlike things such as jewelry or other 'toys'.

Kids are fat more today than ever due to them stagnating at home with lazy parents who thing shutting them up with a cookie and plopping them in front of the boob tube is fine. Computer usage, video games and not going out to play all factor in as well. Fat kids grow up to be fat adults.

People are afraid to let the kids out to play too. Kids are kidnapped more than ever now. I remember going out early in the day and disappearing until dinner time. We all did. We were all safe and knew not to talk to strangers but there are more strangers today in our every growing population.
This country is getting worse and worse, when I was at school a really fat kid was a novelty now they are everywhere, in my daughters class there are 4 or 5 massive fat kids and they haven't got any "medical problem" as an excuse.

Its just bad, lazy, irresponsible parenting, the parents let the kids eat anything just to shut them up. Its fucking child abuse.

When I went on holiday with the family to the US the second time we stayed at the Holiday innin Disneyworld, I have never seen so many hugely fat people in all my life, it was like dawn of the dead with fat people instead of zombies. Everywhere you looked there was massive fat people "grazing", they all had food/drink in their hands all waddling along aimlessly.

I lost count of the number of times people couldn't go on certain rides because of their sheer size, when we saw Captain EO at the Epcott centre I have never been in such a large enclosed space with so much cellulite and blubber at one time.
OK, those who have seen my picture know I am miles away from being anorexic..and won't starve to death any time in the near future.

I know that my heaviness comes from piss poor adult eating habits. When I was a kid, my parents did a good enough job of monitoring what I ate. I was allowed sweets in limited quantities. Fast food was practically unheard of in my day.

Anyway, I am in control of what I eat and how to take off the weight. I am attempting to work on that.

That being said..what bugs the piss out of me is the fat folks out there who insist on wearing totally unflattering clothing that is about 3 sizes too small. Women, especially, it seems. With so many plus sized options out there..even at Wally World there is no excuse for clothes being so tight that every roll shows and the::boobs::hang out so that little is left to the imagination. Yes, we all could stand to lose weight, but until the time comes that we are back to a size 12, wear clothes that fit. Stretch pants, and tight halter tops just make you look rediculous. And do not even get me started on the two piece swim suits that hav no business on anyone over about 140..if they are tall enough to carry it well. ::insanity::
in florida for years....500 pound females wearing spandex tank tops. everywhere. big rolls of fat spilling over their 'waistlines'.

it's a function of poverty. poor people eat nothing but cheap carbs. they have no clue about protein or vegs. they don't realize that the $5. they spent at macdonalds could have gone to something healthy.

I just don't know how anyone can be comfortable being obese in a hot humid climate. I can't even bring myself to eat cooked foods most days in the hot months.

It's normal for the human body to 'change shape' and retain a little more weight as we get older. Fat and obesity are completely different and a product of what we eat and laziness. Both which IMO is gotten from bad parenting.

I grew up pretty goddamn poor. We struggled for everything but schools had given us the education on nutrition and good eating habits... and this was GRADE SCHOOL people. My mother always found time to cook for us and not the crap in a box.
When I was a kid I accepted my greens and my meat and fresh veg and my piece of fruit for dessert because often times there was fuck all else in the house to eat. My mothers attitude was eat the freshly prepared food I put in front of you or starve, end of story.
"Okay, I'm going to say something that I usually avoid since I'm not exactly a skinny young thing anymore, but I remember some photos that Mill posted of some event In Georgia and the majority of people were fucking enormous... I'm not mocking them for that, I'm just noting how extremely unhealthy many of them looked."

Three words.

Deep fried Moon-pies
Fug duh kund
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:When I was a kid I accepted my greens and my meat and fresh veg and my piece of fruit for dessert because often times there was fuck all else in the house to eat. My mothers attitude was eat the freshly prepared food I put in front of you or starve, end of story.
Thats my attitude too and my kids haven't starved yet. I don't buy it when people say their kids are picky eaters. They're only picky eaters because you allow them to be by substituting junk for healthy food.
i never saw a pizza until i was 30!

my kids were NEVER sick in their lives. because i fed them right.

when i had mandatory doc visit before joining sheriff dept. he said he had never seen a female who was all muscle before. and i don't look like some dyke. skin like silk and muscles of steel. :cool:

jackboots Wrote:i never saw a pizza until i was 30!
Now that's just child abuse.
sally Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:When I was a kid I accepted my greens and my meat and fresh veg and my piece of fruit for dessert because often times there was fuck all else in the house to eat. My mothers attitude was eat the freshly prepared food I put in front of you or starve, end of story.
Thats my attitude too and my kids haven't starved yet. I don't buy it when people say their kids are picky eaters. They're only picky eaters because you allow them to be by substituting junk for healthy food.
I AM a picky eater, but I don't substitute junk. I don't like peas. Or asparagus. Ok, so I eat green beans and broccoli instead. I love steamed broccoli & cauliflower. Good stuff. I don't like onions either for the most part. Or mushrooms. But I can still eat healthy on the fruits and vegetables I do like.

Oh, and carrots.. I'm weird there.. (ok I'm weird in a lot of ways, go ahead and mock it) because I love them raw, but I hate them cooked.

So IMO, it has jack shit to do with the kids being "picky" eaters or not. It has everything to do with the parents being "lazy" or not.
Rochester sits on Lake Ontario. I often have gone to the beach in Charlotte. There is a very long pier there..about 12 to 34 mile in length. I try to get out there as often as I can in the summer to walk the pier. A nice walk, with a pretty view thrown in. Have not yet gone this year, but last year I could only mke it about half way. My goal is to make it all the way...twice. Does not seem like much of a goal, but I was not able to do even half a couple years back. So, more than half way is quite a feat for me. Plus then I can go to the juice bar and get a fresh fruit smoothie. I am sure not the greatest thing..but goes down fine.

I aim to realy work on getting the excess baggage off.
The Antagonist Wrote:
jackboots Wrote:i never saw a pizza until i was 30!
Now that's just child abuse.
No fucking doubt.

Mmmm, All Meat Pizza...

Fuck, now I'm hungry.
my 6'5" son who is a world-class athlete would not eat a cooked vegetable. so i made him salads. put all the veg in salads and he ate them. i tricked the little booger. he will eat anything if he thinks it's a salad. ::lmao::my baby:

Attached Files
.jpg   1246941556_m.jpg (Size: 6.95 KB / Downloads: 26)